[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it psychologically harmful to need fantasies to mediate between

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

Is it psychologically harmful to need fantasies to mediate between yourself and society as a whole?

For example, for years now I've been basically playing a character whenever I'm around people who, I feel, won't get me. Instead of being my shy loser self around normies, I just pretend I'm an actor playing a confident, outgoing character, and I assume habits and mannerisms that aren't my own, but that people respond well to.

Another example is that when it comes to doing regular shit, I always pretend I'm some sort of spy or agent sent to infiltrate a place or milieu, and that I need to blend in and learn their ways. That's the only way I can realistically fake interest in my work and the sort of shit people like to talk about. So if people around me are really into a certain sport or a certain genre music, I just pretend I need to learn about them and to fool them as part of a spying job, instead of trying to have genuine interest in any of it.

I'm completely aware that this is pathetic autistic shit, and I'm ok with it, but can it hurt me psychologically? Am I down the path to become essentially a sociopath with no real affinity to the world around me? Should I just try to fit in regularly instead?
>>
>>17846392

are you trying to convince us or yourself?

everyone puts on a 'front' with new people. we only show a glimmer of our true personalities. becuase we are all complex, and not in the cool way, in a weird way.

my older brother was this macho alpha chad thundercock kind of guy. 6 foot tall, muscled, always the most popular guy in school. and i mean legit popular, like everyone loved him.

anyways, when he was home and didnt know i was in the other room he'd make out with our dog and let her hump his leg for hours at a time.
>>
>>17846398

he'd also purposely distend his stomach to look pregnant and walk around screaming pretending to have birthing pains when our parents were home.
>>
>>17846402

one time he just ran around the house in his underwear (at the age of 17) doing the chicken dance.

things he would never do in front of friends much less in situations with new people.

what im trying to say with all this OP is tha tall of us put on an act. dont rationalize it by saying 'IM SO FUCKING WEIRD THAT I HAVE TO PRETEND'.

you're pretending to pretend to rationalize why you pretend.
>>
File: 06.jpg (22KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
06.jpg
22KB, 480x270px
This thread is fucking awesome. Everyone should continue posting the weirdest shit they do when alone to help the OP.

I get a long with people fairly well but when I am home alone or with my girlfriend I sing what's happening like an opera singer. I sound legit as fuck too.
>>
>>17846398
>anyways, when he was home and didnt know i was in the other room he'd make out with our dog and let her hump his leg for hours at a time.

Why would he make this a secret? Dogs fucking legs are hilarious
>>
When into a crowded area where I think people will look at me I pretend I have an important message for the president that I need to get to him that only I can deliver
>>
>>17846480

because hes not the funny guy. hes the alpha. humor comes at others expense.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.