[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So how would you rate this board and it's effectiveness?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

File: alina-li-white-lengerie.jpg (105KB, 440x660px) Image search: [Google]
alina-li-white-lengerie.jpg
105KB, 440x660px
So how would you rate this board and it's effectiveness?

It seems incredibly hostile at times, not including the rampant racism and, especially, misogyny (which is as prevalent as ever). Particularly at OPs, which I'm aware I'm going to receive said hostilities (then again "OP is always a phaggot" is a general rule on the internet).

Plus, the advice seems less like actual advice and more like just telling others what to do (and getting offended if they disagree); or trying to get the person to adhere to the advice-giver's standards and views, rather than what the advice-receiver is asking for) Victim blaming pops up now-and-then. There's no generally agreed consensus on what qualifies as advice. The incredible amounts of prejudice and bigotries towards those with mental illnesses or disabilities (ex.: autism spectrum, schizo- families, clinical depression, general anxieties, social dysfunctions, hostile family environments, learning disabilities, etc); and the ablism that comes with it. The posh ethnocentrism. Ad hominems as a regularity. Hell, fallacies up the waazoo. And the double standards and apparent hypocrisy stemming from many advice-givers (ex.: demanding the advice-receive to be more empathetic, while at the same time not being empathetic to that person).

4/10, I guess. It has as much quality as I would expect from board who's demographic is ages 16 - 24.
>>
>>17843639
I've noticed some of this too. Plus, there's a very white western bias here. For a lot of posts, you can clearly tell a white guy made them.
>>
>>17843639
>4/10

Ah...about the same I guess haha. I try to ignore all the trash, just chalking it up as "inexperience" or "lashing out due to hurt". Because that's what most of the people here feel: hurt. And being on 4chan just makes people act out in general, I suppose.

I did receive some good advice one time, but it was a while back and I can't remember what it was. And sometimes, you get people who are genuinely interested in your problems and want to help you. Even some people "care", to the best of their ability. I like to think they at least care enough to hear me out, which is more than what most people have given me outside of 4chan.

I take most things here with a grain of salt (or rather, pounds of it, hurr durr) and just try to focus on the things that I can relate to. The sexist comments hurt from time to time, but I know that I personally don't act the way that people are complaining about, so I take solace in that. It's only the stupid stereotypes that people hate, and I don't fit most of them so there's no reason for me to get upset.

It's sad, but it's also nice reading about situations that are actually worse than yours. You tend to feel a bit better about yourself at least.
>>
>>17843659
I tried to 'like' this post. What has social media done to me?
>>
This isn't asking for advice. This is looking to have your own opinion ratified. Additionally, we get it, you love using large words and feeling above the rest of society and the users of this board. If its realy that bad then please go back to tumbler/reddit/etc...

>inb4 OP is a Faggot
>>
>>17843639
Its like any other board on 4Chan: full of people who don't know what they're talking about.

I get golden nuggets here every now and then and have screenshotted them to look back on. You need to have a heavy filter for the stuff that just plain isn't helpful, and although the harsher posts may carry some truth they really do get tiring after a while. Same goes for extreme points of view. Take almost all of it with handfuls of salt and you should be ok.
>>
>>17843700
To clarify on some harsher posts and extreme points of view, examples would be:

>all of this one group of people wants the same thing
>you're to blame for everything in your life
>this group of people should always be avoided without question
>>
>>17843639
A relative 7 (given how many ugly people there are) but personally 6. It's nothing special and requires a normal lifestyle to achieve ... wait, wait, wait, you said board and not body...

Again, relative 7, given how much the other boards suck (or bore me). If you avoid the shitposters it's pretty decent. As for the rest of your post, mostly true but nigga, this is fucking 4chains, the first level of Internet sewers.
>>
I'd say a 3/10, but that's also most other boards for me. At this point this place is more of a joke than anything.
>>
File: 1476549168253.png (186KB, 1317x689px) Image search: [Google]
1476549168253.png
186KB, 1317x689px
>any board other than /trash/
>expecting it to be good
>>
>>17843639
Anyone else can't help but notice that when a guy asks for advice on women, it tends to be very femnazi and she and attacking the person. But when a girl asks for advice on guys, it tends tend to be misogynistic and attacking her?

>then again "OP is always a phaggot" is a general rule on the internet
I believe it.
>>
I love /adv/ i feel like we're the weird kid that people still talk to 6/10
Yeah, obviously some people here are dicks but that's anywhere. I love reading about other people's problems and sometimes find answers i didn't know i needed
>>
>>17843700
Mind sharing some of those golden nuggets?
>>
File: golden-nuggets.jpg (96KB, 849x566px) Image search: [Google]
golden-nuggets.jpg
96KB, 849x566px
>>17843732
Aren't they purdy?
>>
>>17843639

It's hard, since I've gotten some good advice here a couple of times, but the leakage from other boards with shitty views is just too prevalent. I stick around here to try to give advice, and distinguishing between someone shitposting and someone who actually believes in their bullshit is nearly impossible most of the time.

Due to most people being anon, you can't tell who is fucking with someone, or tell what their background is, or whatever. Most of the trips are clearly here to shitpost.

So yeah, I guess a 4/10. I guess the only reason I come here anymore is for slice of life conversations, but frankly, it's too much like /r9k/ for me to see it having any real effect anymore.
>>
>>17843675
What are you talking about. There are no "large words" in the OP. Don't project your insecurities so hard, you might hurt yourself.

OP I will admit I love trolling people who spout bullshit and are objectively wrong. It's fun to get them to give up. They might actually think about it or Google something if they get butt hurt enough. People on 4chan won't admit they are wrong, they'll just stop posting. I've been on 4chan since I was 13 and I'm 24 now, so I'm more than used to the butt hurt spurned, isolated men shove onto this shit heap of an image board. You can get some great conversation on here, and learn about things that will spark your interest enough that you end up researching it on your own, but you need to understand that the threads that trigger arguments and shitposting are the ones that get bumped to the front page. Then you have to think about the demographics of each board. You're more likely to get good discussion on /his/ /sci/ or other special interest boards, but still shitposting reigns supreme.
>>
>>17843741
>it's too much like /r9k/ for me to see it having any real effect anymore.
Make a thread about how society is treating you unfairly these days now because you're white. The board'll go to zero to /pol/ in an instant.
>>
>>17843758
I saw a black guy holding hands with a white girl today. I felt oppressed as fuck.
>>
>>17843758

Okay, /r9k/ and /pol/ blended into one.

I'm a pretty normal guy, and I wish I could come here and deal without the extreme bitterness.
>>
>>17843639
It has to be relative to the quality of the asks. Most posts on here are meaningless drama, people just wanting to have their beliefs validated without genuinely looking for advice, or just general shitposting. So of course the average quality of advice is bad.

But on posts where people genuinely are looking for advice, the advice isn't bad. I always get reasonable input on my posts, anyways.
>>
>>17843639
99% of the time noone will take your advice. People post here to fish for affirmation that they are doing nothing wrong, and do not like being told the reality of their situation. Basically the board is pointless
>>
>>17843795
>People post here to fish for affirmation that they are doing nothing wrong, and do not like being told the reality of their situation.
Giving advice sometimes means telling them what they want to hear.
>>
File: 4e9.gif (1MB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
4e9.gif
1MB, 600x338px
>>
>>17843818
So play to their delusion. In other words he's right, this board is pointless. Thanks
>>
>>17843818
Tell that to the guy who wants to shit in boxes instead of using a damn toilet
>>
>>17843639
Women are whores. I think most guys just want women to admit that then the board would be a friendlier place. But women seem to think that they shouldn't be judged for being whores, which makes them easy targets for trolling because they HAVE to defend themselves.
Its funny because you never see threads about men being whores because everyone knows that those guys dont care if they are whores or not.
>>
>>17843853
>So play to their delusion.
In all seriousness, that is up to the person, not you. Otherwise you're just spouting bigotry.

Advice is about helping people, not telling them what to do. If your advice is not something they're willing to adhere to, then you're the one that's failing here. :/
>>
>>17843854
That, again, is up to the guy and is of his consent, not yours.
>>
>>17843892
>Informing someone about the reality and truth of their situation is "bigotry"

You are the problem with this board and the internet in general
>>
>>17843892
Advice is more about helping people to make the better choice, in the end they still decide and if they decide on something objectively stupid, there is nothing the advice giver can do.

If you tell someone that smoking is bad for the health and show all the evidence and the person doesn't see it that way, claiming it's great for the health and all the counter evidence is Jew propaganda, why are you the one failing?
>>
>>17843858

Here's your (you)

>>17843892

Asking for advice is literally the process of being asked what to do in order to get to a certain goal. It's not to pat them on the back so they keep missing their goal.
>>
>>17843900
Informing someone about the "truth" and "reality" of their situation when it isn't called for is flat-out abuse and intolerant to the person and they're predicament. When a person has been viciously abused by multiple people throughout their life, you don't inform them that they're the common element between all these abusers, and that they're the problem here, not the abusers.
>>
>>17843853
>>17843854
>>17843900
>obvious white guy detected
>>
>>17843902
Because it's their consent to do so, to whatever they want, not yours.
>>
>>17843909
Sounds like this hypothetical person you're getting irrationally angry on behalf of is a button pusher. They should probably wake up to that reality and stop it
>>
>>17843909
If the person was always surrounded by abusers through a long period of time, it's very, very, very, very likely that they are part of the problem. This doesn't make the abusers any less abusive or anything like that but simply means that the person needs to change something too.

If some guy wanders through the ghetto in a KKK uniform while screaming "burn niggers", they are bound to get attacked sooner or later, and while attackers are obviously at fault, he could've avoided the entire problem by not doing what he did.
>>
>>17843922
>If the person was always surrounded by abusers through a long period of time, it's very, very, very, very likely that they are part of the problem. This doesn't make the abusers any less abusive or anything like that but simply means that the person needs to change something too.
Good to see you're for victim blaming and potentially an abuser as well.

>If some guy wanders through the ghetto in a KKK uniform while screaming "burn niggers", they are bound to get attacked sooner or later, and while attackers are obviously at fault, he could've avoided the entire problem by not doing what he did.
As obvious as that situation may be, they still chose to attack a person, and victimising him in the process, so the blame lays on the attackers.
>>
>>17843914
But anon, that's what I said. The person giving advice can give the best advice one could imagine, the person asking for advice is still free to do whatever the fuck they want ... it's out of the power of the advice giver to actually affect their actions, hence it's not their "fault" if someone disregards advice.
>>
>>17843928
Yeah, but they did not consent to that advice you're giving, and it's not one they're willing to adhere to, so you're the one failing here, not them.
>>
>>17843927
>so the blame lays on the attackers
That's what was said. The victim still contributed to the entire situation, even if unknowingly.

Just pushing the blame doesn't help the victim. If they want avoid getting attacked again, the best cause of action would be not doing what they did before.
>>
>>17843928
you're still exactly entitled to give people advice on something. especially if they're not willing to listen.
>>
>>17843930
How comes? My "function" as an advice giver would be to well ... give advice. Ideally it's also sound advice. Whatever the other person actually chooses to do with it is out of my hand.
>>
>>17843935
They shouldn't have to do anything just because others are committing an act. No one should. A rape victim should not have to be the one avoiding certain scenarios that could* lead to it, but rather the rapist should not be the one willing to commit such an act against others.
>>
>this thread
>/adv/ proves it's the most useless, worst board once more
>>
>>17843941
Because it's a consent issue. They didn't give you permission or willingness related to such actions. Hence you're the violator in this scenario.
>>
>>17843943
Obviously you're right when talking about ideal scenarios ... the world doesn't have too many of these. While the rapist or person who got attacked is never at fault or deserved to be raped/attack... it doesn't really matter for the reality of the situation.

You can't control third parties, so something like "rapist shouldn't rape" is painfully obvious and true, and absolutely not of a concern for a rapist.

Given that as a basis, it'd be a solid idea not to go to the rapist alley at rapist hour during a national rapist holiday. You wouldn't be doing anything wrong but the world isn't about that.
>>
File: ultra chair.jpg (11KB, 236x266px) Image search: [Google]
ultra chair.jpg
11KB, 236x266px
>>17843743
>There are no "large words" in the OP
What anon is on about by the large words is that OP is clearly pretending to be a retard who just learned a bunch of rad shit in her first gender studies discussion group and is now applying it to real life. Little does she know, she looks like a fucking clown.

Or, actually is such a person.

As it's really hard to tell. These people are the radFem/1st world feminist types who most people dismiss as absolute fucking lunatics.

But yeah, the language OP is using in terms of ableism and blah blah-- that shit is made up language by intersectional social deconstructionists. Fuck-- those are made up words of them too!

They say them allot to feel smart and special, part of the Club who knows the patriarchy is out to get them and they just gotta collect 'em all first to finally bring the hammer to the patriarchy after all these years and failed attempts.

It's kind of like Islam and their Armageddon hoe down, you know when the madai shows up and kills all the muslims but is totally tsu-tsu and next leads the 4 left-- the red one, blue one, yellow one, and pink one-- to victory against Zolar and his death dealing wirling robotic emissaries of doom.

Now, if OP is legit, she's cutting herself right now I triggered her so hard by being racist against a religion by beating it with the long ropey dick of none other than President Richard Nixon using OP's tears as lube. And worse, now that OP has realized I've beat off Richard NIxon, she can't attack me because on the privilege stack faggots are higher than white, middle class, privileged, women.

Thus, the only thing she can do is supplicate herself before the patriarchy. What situational irony abounds.

OP, I have you pinned down now, with the mighty power of ableism and have bent you over muh soggy knee. what will you do? How will you summon captain planet now, Randy?

FIND OUT NEXT TIME ON DRAGON BALL Z!
>>
>>17843639
>muh racism
>muh soggy knees

4/10
>>
>>17843639
This board is pretty awful. What's funny is that when it was first made you could get some pretty solid advice. Now most people are /r9k/ faggots who want girl advice or post woman-hate
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.