[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need real advice (preferably from first hand experience) on how

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1481336038527.png (168KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1481336038527.png
168KB, 500x281px
Need real advice (preferably from first hand experience) on how to become more confident. I just graduated last year and am working right now, but constant client interactions are freaking the fuck out of me.
>>
>>17843480
Look at people as at robots , animals or pile of shit.

But be nice while talking.
>>
What is it that bothers you the most about confronting them? I would just take baby steps in becoming more comfortable with communicating to people.
Maybe start out by practicing giving eye contact. Once you're good at that, find something else to work on like speaking clearly and politely. The more likely they're able to understand you the less time you'll have to spend talking to them.
Maybe you'll get use to them all together after this?
>>
>>17843480
Work with customers is a great fucking start, helped me a lot. Remember that you're just playing a role, like in theater, so when you fail and sperg out, it's not the end of the world. The more you interact with them, the sooner it'd become routine like brushing your teeth.

Working out helps too, since you follow a schedule and progress. Besides it improves your stature, which makes you look more confident, and eventually feel more confident.

Self esteem is simply the result of positive experiences due your merits. So doing basically everything helps as long you keep doing it for long enough to be happy with the results, which always takes some time.

>>17843484
How is that going to make him any more likeable conversation partner? The opposite approach helped me much more, as a writer I see every motherfucker as a fascinating special snowflake with an unique story and experiences; and usually there is much more than the surface to people, so it's quite fun to find shit out about them, even if it's small talk with customers.
>>
Pretend you're a famous actor or actress. Seriously. All of confidence is a giant game of play-pretend, just like any other acting gig.
The adage 'fake it 'til you make it' is completely 100% accurate.
>>
>>17843480
The previous posts are all good advice and should be considered first. But there is always another route. Get a desk-bound job that doesn't involve customer contact.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.