[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/, first-time visitor here. So, I'm an alcoholic.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

Hey /adv/, first-time visitor here. So, I'm an alcoholic. I'm working on it and have been implementing a plan to first drink at a lower alcohol content, then move on to lowering number of drinks per day. I'm at about twelve beers every single day and most definitely experience alcohol withdrawals. When I haven't had any in about 6-8 hours I experience a variety of symptoms, and they're different from day to day. They include hot flashes, stomach pains, cravings, erectile dysfunction (which was never a problem previously) and constant shakes. The shakes in particular are universal and always happen. I don't want to nor do I think I can stop drinking completely, but I do want to cut down significantly to the point that I don't have these symptoms anymore.

I had a collapsed lung back in August and I have a bottle of hydrocodone (generic Vicodin) that I haven't touched since. I've been looking into it and I think that I could potentially use that to minimize my withdrawal symptoms. I don't have nearly enough to become addicted to opiates and I'm considering the possibility of sedating myself with painkillers to circumvent the alcohol withdrawals long enough to escape the constant cycle of drinking, because I only drink as much as I do to not experience the withdrawals.

AA or something like that I know firsthand won't work for me. I've had and beaten addictions before but this one is a real bitch because it's legal, so it's always available as long as I can afford it (and an addict always finds a way). What do you all think? Can /should I use medication to fight my way out of alcohol addiction?
>>
>>17841947
>hey guys
>those ways that are proven and work for everyone - I don't want to do those
>how about this stupid risky way of doing it?

Fuck off retard.
>>
>>17841947
Watch this video for motivation. I kri everitiem.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/CrTlI6seM0A/hqdefault.jpg?custom=true&w=246&h=138&stc=true&jpg444=true&jpgq=90&sp=68&sigh=VatZzy9a4jigRNrYQxiVmSbnqqY
>>
>>17841962
fuck
>copying the thumbnail url

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrTlI6seM0A&t=103s
>>
No.

You need to push through the withdrawals. And you have to accept you have to stop completely.

- An alcoholic who wasn't a fucking idiot when quitting
>>
OP here- AA is fucking shit and has garbage results. I don't need to "give myself up to god" to defeat an addiction. I didn't before and I don't now. What I need is something that will give me the ability to overcome the thing that's trashing my life, not a group of depressed 45-year-olds who beat their wives who go to a few group sessions and then go to the liquor store and pick up a bottle of whiskey, go home, get obliterated, beat their wife again and go to another session next week to talk about how god will give them the strength to defeat alcoholism. I've worked in AA facilities. Shit rarely works, no thank you. Same fuckin people back in six weeks after "graduating."
>>
>>17841965
Shit's fucking hard, but you have a good point. It's just so hard to fight the temptation to hit up the Walgreens on my way home from work and get another twelve pack and slam them all. I need something to give me the strength to not do that.
>>
Post on craigslist.
Find any random fuck willing to help you.
Chain yourself to the support beam in your attic.
Have random fuck come in and out of your place daily for a week to provide you with water.
Pay random fuck so that they're less encouraged to steal from you.

Works every time OP.
Also forgive us all for showing /adv/ to be s-h-i-t shit sometimes. Post more interestingly for better results. Happy birthday btw
>>
>>17841947
>to first drink at a lower alcohol content
My grandmother tried doing that to my grandfather by watering down whiskeyand he just ended up having to drink and go to town more.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.