[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw love with parents, no job, gf, life and being 36 going

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: hffhh.gif (759KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
hffhh.gif
759KB, 400x388px
>tfw love with parents, no job, gf, life and being 36 going on 37
sometimes I want to die
thought about going to school and study nursing but who wants to hire a newly graduated 45 year old nurse since all I have is a high school diploma
>>
Where you from friend
>>
>>17841764
USA, Florida
>>
>>17841770
Isn't nursing in demand there?
I have a friend that studied to be a nurse and got so many interviews / job offers afterwards.
Especially if you're a guy since muh diversity
>>
>>17841773
But look at my age and I'm only a high school graduate, I wouldn't hire me with that age
>>
>>17841790
I doubt they will care about your past history and all of that, as long as they get an educated person.
I think you should go for it.
>>
>>17841747
U fit brah? You could find job at a local gym.
>>
>>17841798
Thank you, I hope you're not just being kind, it's okay to hurt my feelings

>>17841814
Not at all
>>
>>17841816
>Not at all
Dayum. What do you know really well then?
>>
>>17841824
No idea, it's okay thank you for being nice
>>
>>17841832
Come on dude, you must've spent your 30 years doing SOMETHING... If not, I really must ask: do you think that lack of self esteem and probably of motivation can see you through uni?
>>
>>17841747
A mature Nurse, with good grades, good motivation, good skills is FAR FAR more desirable as an employee than a 20 something with no life experience. SOURCE: Being a medical recruiter.
>>
>>17841838
Watching science and nature documentaries, I can force myself I think or at least try. Otherwise my future will be even sadder. I just want a degree that will get me good money and where my age won't cripple my chances of getting a good job. I considered petroleum engineering since people tell me it's not difficult but I don't know whether that field would hire an older person
>>
>>17841870
You'd hire a new graduate who will be in his 40s? Thought about doing the two extra years of anesthesia if things go well but I'm afraid of the age and also with having been out of school for so long
Those college placement tests etc
>>
What did you do for almost 2 decades? O.o
>>
>>17841877
Absolutely. I'd look carefully at grades ( mature students virtually always have better grades) and how they went in patient contact ( as a trueism, mature students do well in this as they have better skills at relating to people) . Your school should give you advice as to what specialties you should look at. For example, surgery needs much more mature nurses as does ED. Anesthetics is a good call, simply because the consequences of an error are serious, so you want a much more mature person.
>>
>>17841898
Work odd jobs, casual at the post office being the one where I earned the most, haven't worked much really
Be depressed and waste away is most of it
>>
>>17841908
Thank you, sir
I'd probably get the bachelors at FIU since I don't think financial aid will cover UM, UF or the other good schools
Any decent affordable school you can recommend?
>>
>>17841747
but famalam, 30s are the new 20s

so basically you're 26 going on 27
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.