[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there anything wrong with me, or does everyone do things like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1452104701394.png (1MB, 923x641px) Image search: [Google]
1452104701394.png
1MB, 923x641px
Is there anything wrong with me, or does everyone do things like this?

>Dad takes me to bread store
>Start buying sweats
>Load up a shopping cart
>Get to counter
>It's really small
>Can't load up all of the groceries we just bought
>Start to panic
>Old man behind me
>Feel pressured to fulfill my societal obligation
>Grab all cherry pie pastries in cart
>Think that I should help scanner lady scan faster so she can do her job better
>Meticulously flip them all over on the counter so they're easier to scan
>Start sweating
>Keep grabbing bread
>Lady at counter de-flips everything I've done
>Realize she really only had to scan one and multiply everything
>"Wow, he went to all the trouble of moving them around when I just needed to see the flavors"
>Get embarrassed
>Dad remarks on my general behavior to her
>Can't think anymore when I leave the store

I can't believe I'll be 20 soon and it just doesn't stop. Every-time I feel like the dude something like this happens to cut me down.
>>
>>17840470
Shit, are you me?

Don't feel too bad about it. It sounds like you have some pretty bad social anxiety, or you just plain don't handle stress well. It DOES get better with age, but for people like us it'll just go by slower maybe haha. It could also just be a common sense thing, which I lack - not gonna lie.

If you're unsure, watch how other people do things, copy them a bit. Remember if you're freaking out just stop and relax, crack a joke if you see you made a mistake "Ah, sorry, I'm not myself today! Haha!" "Man I'm so tired, I can't even do anything right now, sorry about that!" "Cocaine is a helluva drug" (that last one is a joke if you feel ballsy and just wanna walk out not giving a shit) Or just tease yourself a bit with some honesty thrown in: "Sorry I have NO IDEA why I did that. Let me help you here" and just throw in some laughter or something. If they're not assholes, they'll laugh too, even if it could be a pity laugh. If they still talk shit, fuck 'em.
>>
I had a similar issue today.

>at boss' house
>he had a knee operation
>ive volunteered to help him out in mornings and evenings
>he asks me to grab something
>in the kitchen
>its right on the counter
>btu i cant see it
>it doesn't register in my head
>im a total fucking tard
>he can see it from his chair
>he is giving perfect directions
>and yet i cant seem to understand that this cup is the cup he is looking for.

i felt like a total tard. i burnt his dinner, i struggle to take basic commands, and seem like a total fucking retard.

BUT, I also got him out of debt, and made his business actually profitable. every single idea I've had has pushed more and more clients or cut costs in some way. i had one idea he hated. didnt want to do. spent months convincing him. finally he let me do it. got us 2000 extra dollars that week because i was right and it worked.

he laughed at my incompetence as a home care assistant, but noted that not everyones good at everything. I'm a solid business man who turned his company around and hes right. I flourish in a business setting.

point is that not everyones good at everything. common sense is not so common. despite your odd be havior you are functional, and can they really be mad at you for not knowing how something you had no experience with works? its not your job to scan grocceries. its theirs.

and if you answer this saying you dont have anything to compensate with, im sure you do, and if not you can find it.
>>
>>17840499
Thanks a lot man

>>17840491
I think it's both of those things.
>>
>>17840557
>I think it's both of those things.

Ah. Well, like I said, it'll get easier over time. But to help it along, you're gonna have to just go out more and socialize more. See how other people do things, or practice staying calm in certain situations. It's gonna suck and you're gonna embarrass yourself a lot, but it'll help. I hope you get to the point where I'm at where I only get embarrassed by my own public cringe every once in a while, but overall I don't give a shit anymore. Life's too short, man.

Now this advice isn't really much help if you have legit social anxiety - like the kind you need a shrink for. You might uh...need a shrink for that.
>>
>>17840563
I think I might actually have that.
I know a lot of people say they have it for attention, but I got hit with when I was 13 which is the common age for it to manifest.

I thought that getting older would make it disperse and go away, but it has only stayed with me throughout the years. I keep hitting positive on loads of Aspergers tests on the internet, but I don't want to go out and get really tested for it. I've always tried my best to answer honestly, so there's a good chance it's a reality of my day to day life. A lot of people on Aspergers forums say that that's the quiz they hand you for a diagnosis at a psychologist as an adult.

I've no clue if I've really got it, or if I'm just a shy, introverted guy. I know an autistic dude that is the same way. It explains a lot of things in my life though.
>>
>>17840585
Asperger's is partly just the pathologization of introverted, systems-oriented people in our modern hypersocial society. I would have been fine as a farmer. My ancestors were farmers. Now I have to deal with office politics if I want a decent lifestyle. Dating sites and PUA shit if I want a new gf. It's a consequence of information-age globalized urbanization.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.