[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anti-depressant thread Post advice on how to get out of depression,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 1465179825594.jpg (31KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1465179825594.jpg
31KB, 480x360px
Anti-depressant thread

Post advice on how to get out of depression, whether you have psych training and want to improve the metal health of the populous, you want to share some science/pseudoscience on the topic, or you want to share your own technique.
Mine will be the two latter.
>>
I smoke a little bit of weed before bed and workout.
Also try to keep busy either by reading, vidya, or something hands on.
>>
>>17840227
I'm depressed so I'm about to watch Dave Chappelle - Killing Them Softly
>>
>>17840227
To begin i'd like to say that I'm not here to spread positivity or give emotional support. If you want to kill urself, get help; you are clearly not healthy as almost no healthy living thing knowingly kills itself.
Positivity is dumb. Be a realist.

Also if you are afraid of being happy and you think that if you become happy you will slip into a hedonistic life of gluttony because of your sense of oblivious wellbeing, i can assure you that if you keep a lookout ull be fine. You'll actually probably function better. Dw, your misanthrope will still be there for you.
>>
>>17840237
Diet: these are the things i do to ensure im not chemically fucked.

I take supplements (if you dont believe supplements work then whatever)
Vitamins B, C, and D.
B for energy/stress and healthy digestion
C to fight those cold symptoms you may get when depressed
And D because its pretty much an anti depressant, especially if you don't get much sun.
Magnesium to blunt the muscle ache (because i like to stay fit)
And Omega-3 for joints, heart and the brain.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (13KB, 470x313px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
13KB, 470x313px
>>17840245
More diet:
PUMPKIN SEEDS
These little fuckers have sooo many fucking health benefits!!!!!
But most relevant is their high levels of the amino acid: tryptophan; the parent compound of the tryptamine neurotransmitter family containing Dimethyltryptamine(dmt), melatonin for restful sleep and motherfucking serotonin. Take a heaped tablespoonful of these god-tier seeds 2 hours before sleeping each night and you'll probably start feeling better in a week(if its just your brain chemistry thats fucked and you don't have ptsd/schitzo).
Cannot recommend enough.
>>
File: 1463119189651.png (422KB, 701x519px) Image search: [Google]
1463119189651.png
422KB, 701x519px
continuous thoughts , circular pessimistic thinking?
you might have monkey mind !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLjelIPg3ys
>>
>>17840261
Other things:
I'm also learning piano and ukulele and German(on the Duolingo app): these things have been said to activate different parts of your brain and learning languages has been shown to delay the onset of dementia in the elderly, if its proven to help the brain then might as well try it.
Reading: have you ever been in a situation where you couldn't think of the right words/syntax and you just felt like an autist blabbering about, which then drove you deeper into self-loathing? Well reading not only gives you words/syntax to make you a better speaker/thinker, but also can romanticize the world making it more enjoyable/bearable.
Right now im reading Moby Dick and its fucking tops desu.
>>
>>17840237
>>17840245
>>17840261
>>17840281
This advice is for those who are depressed but feel as though their problems are not worthy of being discussed with professional help or even to a friend/family member. Maybe yoy feel like you're being a little whiny bitch and that makes it even worse because you cant help it.
Well you are a little whiny bitch but you CAN help it. I sincerely hope this advice helps. I just want to see a happier 4chan.
Seriously tho fuckin pumpkin seeds.
Also if you have any questions just ask my nignog.
>>
>>17840294
Btw to self-credentialize i was depressed in my early-mid teens(boo hoo; who wasnt), and more importantly i was depressed from december last year all the way to mid october and ive been doing very well since then.
>>
Start Sertraline today, desu I'm shit scared of when the side effects start to appear. Might try vitamin supplements as well, and I'm generally going to attempt to become more stoic and less willing to offload my problems onto others, something which has become a great source of paranoia for me recently.

I want to spend less time lazing around, napping etc, and basically dedicate all my free time to improving myself in a logical manner. Wake up early, have three meals a day, learn to draw, practice guitar, blog, do uni assignments, lift, watch good quality shows/movies. God I'm so paranoid though. I already feel like I'm in danger of relapsing because this girl who I had an acoustic jam with and wanted to start a music project with is claiming that she's been too busy to practice again for the time being. I hope to God she doesn't just think I have shit taste/can't play or sing.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.