[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is it possible to beat an addiction without admitting it or hitting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 31538e36637581.57234a4708d3b.jpg (455KB, 1200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
31538e36637581.57234a4708d3b.jpg
455KB, 1200x1800px
is it possible to beat an addiction without admitting it or hitting rock bottom?

my sex addiction is getting out of control and has been growing in me for over half my life.

advice please.
>>
you just did admit it, op

so now you'll never know the answer
>>
And when I say admitting it I mean coming out to anyone and everyone?

I've noticed almost everyone who is an addict and tends to be cured, atleast on the surface, is open and honest about it to everyone.

my parents would not be accepting of it and even though ive asked a couple times to go see a professional counselor for some "mental issues" they think that kind of stuff is bullshit. great parents but not very open
>>
it's gotten to the point where I look and see women as nothing but sex objects, and think about and try to have sex for hours a day... just either picking up women in real life or finding them online.

im a functioning addict too, just graduated college, really talented, decent looking, and still social and have hobbies but nobody knows this about me
>>
>>17839014
Tell one person.

Tell the person you've hurt the most. That person is stopping you from saying anything to anyone. Tell them you have a problem, tell them what they did...

and you're sorry.

If they didn't know before they will be furious. You will feel like shit for a bit but that lift of guilt is what will set you free.

Some people try to rationalize this shit as being "selfish". That removing that guilt is only for yourself but those people are just trying to avoid their responsibility.

for sure the other person will hurt.... but odds are they already knew. They will be thankful, they will feel so much better knowing that they didn't fail, that they weren't good enough. They will know it is a problem in you and if they are a good person will be thankful, happy, you're seeking help.

So you won't hurt anyone else like you hurt them. They will understand that.

an addiction is not an excuse. It is a struggle, it is a difficult struggle. You will be tested. Everyone will be.
>>
>>17839038

that's the thing though.... i haven't really hurt anyone but myself.

i look at all the hours i spent doing this stuff and just think to myself wow i could be so much better right now. but besides that, haven't really hurt anyone.

and i've tried quitting so many times.... i try to do everything... avoid triggers.... avoid situations... but then i either get really happy from a good thing in my life or really stressed out or upset from a bad thing in my life and i fall back into it.
>>
>>17839006

yes. possible doesn't mean probable. if you don't admit it to anyone you can't really have someone 'sponsor' you and thats kidn of what makes it easy.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.