[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I got two different IQ tests (both WISC) by two different psychologists

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: K-On 8 (2).jpg (108KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
K-On 8 (2).jpg
108KB, 1280x720px
I got two different IQ tests (both WISC) by two different psychologists around the same time and the results are weirdly contradictory. While both averaged my verbal abilities around 140, one of them (call him psych guy #1) told me I'm literally retarded when it comes to spatial reasoning (scored around 60). However, psych guy #2 told me my overall perceptual reasoning is about average (108).

Despite my consistent performance when it comes to oral expression, my reading comprehension varied wildly. My reading ability apparently fluctuates between that of a grad student and a fifth grader (#2 literally said I read at a fifth grade level) depending on what day I happen to be reading.

I was extremely anxious while taking the tests, but based on the studies and meta-analyses I've read, there actually isn't much of a correlation between anxiety and IQ test performance. I'm also depressed and had ADHD as a kid.

What's the deal with all this inconsistency? I don't believe IQ as a concept is meaningless, but I'm really starting to lose faith in the tools they use to measure it.
>>
>>17838778
As far as advice goes: what kind of third party might I take this shit to sort out my results? Is it even worth it? As a person who values self-knowledge and understanding my own strengths and limitations, this shit is driving my crazy. I don't perform like a half-retard; I go to a really nice college and I murdered the SAT without practice. But is that not reflective of some kind of "inner" ability measured by these tests that might block opportunities for me later in life?
>>
>I got two different IQ tests
>What's the deal with all this inconsistency?
Your IQ is probably the lower one if you're freaking out over a sample size of two. You'll need dozens to get any accurate measure.

Some days you're on the ball, some days you're not on the ball.
>>
>>17838787
A few things to think about:
>There is a very strong correlation between IQ scores and SAT scores.
>Success in college is a much better indicator of ability to succeed in life than IQ scores
>my dad scored so low in IQ scores he was put in special ed in elementary school. Now he has a masters and teaches highschool.
>Hard work goes much much further than natural intelligence.

I suggest you ignore the results and just continue doing well in college.
>>
>>17838811
I see what you mean, but the disparity between the two results I just listed were 40 points and 60 points, respectively. Some inconsistency is to be expected, but that's pretty extreme.
>>
>>17838778
I understand your desire for validation, but don't let it take control of how you view yourself.
If you're healthy and doing the best you can to carry on, you should be okay.
>>
>>17838778
just dont give a shit about iq tests
How could some sheets of paper be able to determine your actual intellectual capabilities.
all an iq score stands for is how well you made on that particular iq test. no more no less. nothing different from math tests or whatever,

it baffles me even psychologists still believe in this bullshit
>>
File: tumblr_mfbxhiWZIH1rb1rgoo1_250.gif (304KB, 249x170px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mfbxhiWZIH1rb1rgoo1_250.gif
304KB, 249x170px
>>17838868
Thanks. Easier said than done, though. When you're told that an optical illusion is an illusion, it doesn't make you stop seeing it as an illusion. It's hard not to think and wonder about the weirdly contradictory results, the disparity between testing and day-to-day performance, etc.. More than my desire for validation (but don't get me wrong: it's there), I want a solid understanding of who the hell I am.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.