[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it worth me trying dating if I don't have redeeming features?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: 1477585491331.jpg (70KB, 350x338px) Image search: [Google]
1477585491331.jpg
70KB, 350x338px
Is it worth me trying dating if I don't have redeeming features?

Male, 26. Never been in a relationship. I'm unhealthy/overweight, don't really have much money (I am employed for now but not in a great job), don't have really any ambitions and a poor personality. And I'm too lazy to fix any of the above.

I've had friends telling me to get out there and try internet dating but it seems like trying to get a job with no qualifications or experience.
>>
>>17838400
Having a gf is pretty fucking great but without bringing anything on the table you will get the bottom of the barrel whales or nothing at all.

Trying doesn't hurt though, just don't get suckered into being a cuck or orbiter.
>>
>>17838400
Just be yourself bro.
>>
>>17838411

Yeah, that's my concern. I don't really have anything to bring to the table - more things to take away, honestly - so the only people I could interest are women who either are as unappealing as me, or who make really bad decisions.

>>17838412

I am myself, bro. That's the thing: I don't want to lie or big myself up on a dating profile since in my mind that just makes any eventual meeting more disappointing.
>>
>>17838400
Dating while bringing nothing to the table is dumb

Focus on yourself first and reward yourself with getting a 7
>>
>>17838601

I thought as much. Thing is, by myself I don't really have that much interest in self improvement either.

I tried a gym a while ago, but I fell off and don't really have an interest in going back. I don't have any qualifications and after failing once I don't want to go back to uni again.

I'm kind of okay as I am, playing games and watching anime. The only thing I'm really wanting for at this point is sex, hence the dating idea. Problem being that I'm shallow and my standards are way out of whack.
>>
>>17838601
>getting a 7
I doubt he will get any above 5.
>>
>>17838400
Maybe rather than focusing on dating, focus on yourself first. Does anything interest you in life? Anything at all?
>>
>>17838637

Yeah, but nothing really useful.

Videogames, anime. Guns, but I live in the UK so that's difficult especially if you don't own your own place.

I used to draw, a lot, but I was always unsatisfied with my progress. Then I learned what I'd need to do to get better (basically unlearn and relearn from basic principles and lots of practice) and stopped drawing because I couldn't do that.

Other than that, I dunno. I like cooking but I'm not good at it.
>>
Look im not better than you in the sense that im in my 20's and never been on a date.

The thing is Im really shy and introverted and lack self esteem with things unless im super good at them which ill then consider myself ok.

im fit and about to finish a stem degree in may, but all that means shit for girls. I have no standards and still no women talk to me. Not even 800lb whales.

If you don't mind approaching girls id say try eating less, lose some weight, pick a a hobby that is female friendly and once you get those two try doing something else to improve yourself. Start small, don't go big then crumble in a week.
>>
>>17838647
Hmm. You're obviously into artistic stuff. If physical drawing didn't work out but if you have an eye for design, maybe go digital - try some graphic design? Not sure how into guns you are but maybe you could come up with design models for new kinds of weaponry?

Are you currently working, or a student or a NEET?
>>
>>17838688

Working at the moment. Service industry, what with the no qualifications.

I don't really have an eye for design. I just liked drawing cool shit, and I realised that it was mostly so other people would find it cool. Now I don't.
>>
>>17838747
> I just liked drawing cool shit, and I realised that it was mostly so other people would find it cool.

Okay, not good. Anything else that you do on top of Gaming and Anime that you do for yourself and not to seem cool to others?

Any particular world issues you're passionate about? Anything you might have left out?
>>
>>17838756

Eh, not really. That's basically it. Most nights after work I play games, read and watch anime then go to bed.
>>
>>17838659

You sound like you're doing a better job than me at least, what with the STEM degree and fitness. Once you've got a job you should do better.

I mean, you've got ambition to do something with that degree, right? I lack that, I don't really have a motive spark. I flunked a physics degree in the first year.
>>
>>17838801
I feel like you need to do something more physically tangible in your life. Sounds like a lot of escapist consumption is happening.

Do you have the means to do something weird and out there, like befriend homeless people, explore a foreign country using no money, etc? My parent's boss's wife really loves traveling to Ethiopia - here in North America she's rich and no one particularly needs her (she's a doctor but there's a lot of them) but over there, the village essentially worships her for trying to help them out.

Why do you want to date in the first place? Do you want her to give meaning to your life? Do you want to "wet the dick"? I ask this because you could still totally date, but the person might either end up taking advantage and emotionally abusing your lack of self worth, or you inadvertently abuse them by forcing them to give you happiness and fulfill your urges.

I'm generalizing here but I'd like to hear why you want to date. Maybe it'll give me more ideas on how to help you.
>>
>>17838828
yeah I like what I study and know what kind of job i want.

This in no wya helps me with girls.

What im saying is make small changes in your life and it will get better.
>>
>>17838866

There is a lot of escapism going on, yeah. Mainly because videogames let me do a bunch of stuff that's either physically impossible, dangerous/harmful to myself and/or others, or just a lot of hard work and not in my view worth the trouble.

I don't really want to do anything weird or out there like you describe: I don't really like being around people all that much, especially homeless or dangerous ones. And I'm not really that interested in traveling, though I have done some of it. I know those were only specifics but I thought I should address them.

Mostly it's sex, really. I don't feel like my day to day life is lacking anyone, I honestly would probably have trouble with another person being involved in my life to that close an extent and forcing me to give up my own time. I don't feel a need to share it much. Just I work in an office with a lot of women, some of them attractive, and seeing them on the regular makes me frustrated.

Casual sex on something like Tinder doesn't appeal though, since I imagine most people have higher standards physically for a brief fling than for a long term relationship.
>>
>>17838904
I need to head out now but honestly, spend more time with family and friends. And maybe think about what you want out of life. If this is all you want, then none of us can really advise you better.

If all you want is just sex, that's a natural byproduct of testosterone. Apparently FTM who injected testosterone experienced a massive increase in their desire to fuck.

Honestly, maybe get yourself a fleshlight or invest in some other kinds of dildos. Don't use other people just for an orifice because your body is forcing you to. If popping random bones in the office is frustrating you, maybe look into estrogen injection or just some ways to lower your sex drive.

Sorry I couldn't help more OP, but TLDR - if you don't like being around people, don't want to deal with communicating with them or try having mutually respected relationships with them, don't bother going and dating.
>>
>>17838943

Thanks man, you've been really helpful. Take care.
>>
>>17838954
> Thanks gal, you've been really helpful.

FTFY. No problem, anon. Best of luck to you.
>>
>>17838400

depends on waht is 'worth it' to you. are you willing to settle for a woman who is unhealthy overweight, doesnt have money, no ambition and a 'poor' personality who is too lazy to fix any of the above?

than the odds are you'll find someone.

but if ur NOT willing to date that person, than nah its not worth trying, cuz no manic pixie girl is gonna find you and be like 'HEY IM A LUV U FOR U LOL'
>>
>>17839519

I had thought as much; I'd be wrong to expect a potential gf to be more attractive/better than me while also expecting them to accept my shitty self.

Probably not worth the bother then unless I can either scrounge up the motivation to improve or find a way to lower my standards.
>>
>>17839549

pretty much.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.