[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a 27/F with a good high paying job with good upward

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: senpai_notice_me.jpg (1MB, 3872x2574px) Image search: [Google]
senpai_notice_me.jpg
1MB, 3872x2574px
I'm a 27/F with a good high paying job with good upward mobility. Just started seeing 28/M who is a year away from graduating with his undergrad, working as a waiter, and unsure of what he wants to do.

When/how do I bring up the subject of finances and expectations? My last relationship ended up where we avoided the conversation all together and I ended up footing the bill for nearly everything. Ex got comfortable, started joking about quitting his job and moving in and me being his sugar momma which I really didn't want. When we finally did talk about it, we broke up.

How do I do this tactfully? My best friend already told me that it's not worth it and to just stick to guys at the same paygrade.
>>
>>17837723
Just be explicit about it and say you really don't want to end up footing the bill for everything. Guys generally prefer clear explicit answers over feeling grateful that your trying to soften the blow of your words.
>>
hey handsome
i dated a slob
please dont be a slob
love
sweetie
>>
pick a guy with money if you want a guy with money. you sound like you want a guy with money, so why are you dating a waiter in college?
>>
>>17837757
I tried to do that with the ex and we ended up breaking up.

Should I bring it up immediately? We've only been on one date with plans for the next 2-3.

>>17837760
Basically.

>>17837763
Besides this, he's my type and pretty cool. I want to see where this goes, but I don't want it turn into the expectation that I'll pay for everything. I don't want it to be where I'm the sole breadwinner if/when it does get serious. Honestly, I'll feel resentful if my partner just 'takes care of the apartment' while I work my ass off. I don't give a shit about how much money they make, just don't be lazy.

Besides, having money doesn't mean jack squat if the guy tends to use people in other ways. It's more of a personality thing.
>>
How did you meet him?

Personally I couldn't date a woman making way more than me, too much emasculation and cucking going on
>>
You only need to gauge if he can and has been keeping employment,paying bills by himself, not being raped by interest on his debts. I am 28 and still haven't found my career but still been living a fulfilling life. Asking him about serious career decisions might give off a ball and chain feel. If he asks for your opinion about his career choices then that is a good sign.
>>
Sounds like you need to stick with guys at or above your pay grade. The partner with the better paying job will end up paying for most of the bills and you aren't a fan of that idea.
>>
>>17837785
thats why you take neetbux while shitposting about how much of a man you are right Daniel?
>>
Why do I always hear about women thinking men who earn less than them is a huge problem but never hear men speaking the same about women?
>>
I think you need to work out what's okay for you and what isn't, then talk about it to him. Don't worry too much, just ask about the finance side of things and how that's going to work out; you can even say what happened in your last relationship to help him understand why you're talking about it.

I'm an artist and in my opinion there are two types of 'creative/low earner' types out there- there are those love what they do and find ways to support themselves, and there are those that don't really do a lot. I'd say provided that he has a sense of passion and devotion to his work you'll be fine, but if he's really not giving it his all it will grate on you over time. A good indicator is things happening (things being made, conversations being had, ideas being followed).

If it helps - I am not too bothered about money, but I always make sure that I contribute well into a relationship- the only issues that arise are things like holidays, which I normally chose not to afford because I find them a little wasteful. I suppose the best way to say is, I'm not content with 'just doing the housework'.

>My best friend already told me that it's not worth it and to just stick to guys at the same paygrade.

If that's how you want to live your life then it's fine, you can set a 'minimum income' for whoever you'd like to date. My feeling is that it's rather flat and disappointing though- I think it just limits your experience a bit and also puts money at to high a value (for me).
>>
>>17837828
Because women want equal rights AND the same treatment they've been getting from men in the past at the same time. Basically, women are cunts that use double standards.
>>
>>17837778
>I don't want it turn into the expectation that I'll pay for everything
Then don't demand of him to participate or initiate any activities that demand a lot of money which he could be inclined to ask for to cover partially or fully. You'll need to match your expenses and activity choices down to his. If you feel that's impossible then seek a man on equal monetary level or be a man and pay for him without bitching. Equal rights and that, double standards yada yada.

Going for a trip to another city and spending there a week for example will be a big expense his budget can't support as there are more important expenses on his part that need to be covered first.
>>
>>17837981
/thread
>>
>>17837778
>I don't give a shit about how much money they make
> I don't want it to be where I'm the sole breadwinner if/when it does get serious

You clearly give a shit.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.