[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I fucked up an SD card on accident, need halp. So I was transferring

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot 2016-12-06 05.58.18.png (317KB, 601x524px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2016-12-06 05.58.18.png
317KB, 601x524px
I fucked up an SD card on accident, need halp.

So I was transferring files from a friend's micro SD card to my micro SD that goes into my 3DS. Because my Mac doesn't have a micro slot, I was using one of those converter things. I put in my friend's card, copied the files onto the desktop. REMOVED THE MICRO WITHOUT REMOVING THE CONVERTER. Then put in my own SD card and transferred the files. I was in a rush so I didn't see that the card didn't read correctly and didn't show all of my folders and files.

Somehow, this created a new partition on the SD card the size of the GB of files I'd moved over, and now the original partition is unreadable. All of my games are digital and I'd hate to lose progress on them and shit, because my 3DS is sorta my lifeline at times. So a typical format will not work (32gb of saved games, man! Almost beat Fire Emblem on the hardest difficulty) Thanks for any advice in advance, yo.
>>
bumperino plz
>>
bamp
>>
>>>/g/
>>
>>17837582
Even though it's a tad smartass, that does help. So thank you.
>>
Okay so /g/ refused to help, I forgot that that board is the center of narcissistic neckbeards kek.
>>
Just look for some data recovery software. Literally anything could have happened, maybe those algorithms will figure it out, maybe not. You fucked up big time, so be prepared for failure and good luck
>>
>>17837632
Thanks, do you have any recommendations on software? I tried one text based one that was far too advanced for me. It'd be nice to have a GUI based on that's intermediate at best.
>>
>>17837644
No idea lad, my googling guess would be as good as yours. But I'd grit my teeth and dig into the text based one, most of those tools are quite advanced because they are for an advanced task, so user's convenience isn't the top priority
>>
>>17837413

Sometimes you may have to either replug it, or use another card reader. One of my card readers for one of my SD cards will always prompt a format message, but the other one reads it just fine.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.