[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's a good way to deal with anxiety for someone without

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1463112601430.png (194KB, 462x404px) Image search: [Google]
1463112601430.png
194KB, 462x404px
What's a good way to deal with anxiety for someone without access to insurance/real medicine?

I used to smoke a bowl of weed before bed and that would usually help my anxiety a lot, but I'm living with my parents again while I go back to school and I don't want to risk smoking in the house.

I'm having trouble sleeping because of my anxiety, but I'm not in a position I can seek professional help. Any tips?
>>
Go for a walk and smoke a bowl you dummy.
When your parents ask why youre not very talkative just say the walk wore you out.
Doesnt even have to be a long walk, go walk around the block or walk to the park.
>>
File: bugler-roller-70mm-main_wm.jpg (139KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
bugler-roller-70mm-main_wm.jpg
139KB, 1600x1600px
you smoke outside of the house dumbfuck. how hard is that to process? make a joint and smoke outside. even if you can't roll one, get a machine to roll cigarettes and make a joint with one of those.
>>
>>17837290
I live in a gated community with security dudes that drives around, I don't know if there's anywhere I could go I wouldn't be paranoid of being caught. (smoking in public also makes me incredibly anxious)

Can't smoke in my car--mom would recognize the smell in an instant.

Don't wanna go into the woods, two weeks ago a dude's dog was attacked by an alligator. No parks near me. I'm kind of in an awkward position here.

Not to mention I'm new to the area, so absolutely no friends. Once I'm out of weed, I wouldn't know how to begin to find more. I usually just got it through my ex girlfriend.
>>
>>17837299
I don't live in a house. I live on the third floor of a very crowded apartment complex. There's literally people outside with their dogs every hour.
>>
Bump -- any actual advice about managing anxiety? I really don't care about being able to smoke again if there's an alternative.
>>
>>17838502
meditation

far as the weed just wake up early in the morning and smoke it
>>
meditation

there is a lot of information on the Santacittarama monastery website

a lot of psychologists also use these techniques and make you pay a shitton of money for it
>>
>>17838502
Water
Diet
Exercise
Meditation
Sleep
Cut drugs

Practicing a totem
You spend some time getting into a relaxed mood, then imagine a past time when you were successful and all those feelings that were felt. The more detailed the memory the better, imagine how the air felt, who was there, what you were wearing. Get that complete feeling and then "link" it to a motion. A motion can be touching your wrist, rubbing your leg, touching your earlobe or whatever you like. Do this every day for a week and then next time you feel anxiety creeping up, inhale -> do your motion (remembering those emotions) -> exhale
Repeat as necessary but 1 or 2 times works 90% of the time
>>
>>17838509
>>17838515
>>17838520
Thanks for the input. ADD makes it super hard to focus but I'll give it a shot.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.