[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I quit loving and caring about people? It hurts way too

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 1466622422341.png (96KB, 316x315px) Image search: [Google]
1466622422341.png
96KB, 316x315px
How do I quit loving and caring about people?

It hurts way too much, and I keep doing it too often.
>>
easy, just stop being human
>>
I'm trying to tone down my emotional responses as well, Vulcan-style. I intend to basically attempt to stay away from unstable people who lend themselves to histrionic situations too easily - I myself acknowledge that I exhibit these tendencies myself, but it typically comes about as a reaction to being around people of that ilk. My ex was depressed, unmotivated, willing to piss her life away doing nothing, willing to fuck me on the second date, cool with slashing her wrists at the drop of a hat, able to keep her ex's used condoms on her window sill, and I ended up having a nervous breakdown myself. It was as if her mental health problems became contagious to me. Being around her brought out a very ugly side of me - I became emotionally fragile, prone to losing my shit completely when drunk, and nearly guilt tripped myself into suicide/leaving society. Truthfully, I went from a guy who had a lot of repressed issues but on the surface seemed able to keep his cool, to a jittery, crying, suicidal fag. I hit my nadir when I got horribly, pass-out drunk with my ex, and ended up claiming that I had tried to commit suicide (a half truth - in reality I'd just spent weeks in my dorm doing fuck all and waiting for death), and hysterically begging her mother for forgiveness for "ruining her daughter's life".

I don't ever want to see that guy again, so my resolve is to challenge myself every single day. Don't be a prick and only do things that directly profit you, but make sure you're in situations that encourage maturation and independence. Don't totally switch off your emotions, because that's just another form of a mental breakdown, but only show them when the situation really, really, really calls for it. Become a hardass, basically. Not a prick, but someone who doesn't get drawn into hysterics.
>>
>>17836971
>It hurts way too much

Obviously not, or you'd stop.

It hurts a lot, you mean to say. You want the amount it hurts now to be enough to make you stop caring about people forever, but trust me, it isn't. You keep caring about people because you're looking for someone who deserves it.

Keep looking, anon. People worth caring about are out there.
>>
>>17836971
You don't quit it. It just dies.
>>
File: 1475179862329-gif.gif (127KB, 480x608px) Image search: [Google]
1475179862329-gif.gif
127KB, 480x608px
If you succeed, you will be dead
>>
>>17836971
Becoming apathetic towards everything will just make your life shitter than it already is.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.