[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I reconnect with my parents?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 9

File: before-after-hijab-opener.jpg (102KB, 640x409px) Image search: [Google]
before-after-hijab-opener.jpg
102KB, 640x409px
Hey, /adv/, I left Islam about 1.5 years ago, and for the most part, I havent looked back. Problem is that my religious parents won't talk to me, but to scold me. My mom has threatened to kill me for becoming an athiest.

How do I salvage the relationship? Has anyone else left a religion and been scorned by their family as a result of it?

Pic related, a woman who left islam.
>>
>My mom has threatened to kill me for becoming an athiest.

religion of piss. it's not happening. you're an infidel.
>>
>>17836901
You're probably right, but I still am going to try.
>>
>>17836882
Sometimes, even amongst relation of blood it is healthy to cut ties wih someone unhealthy. Your mom threatening to kill you is very unhealthy and should be taken seriously. If you stay in contact with a family like that you are endangering yourself.
>>
pls be in australia
>>
>>17837029
I'm in the US
>>
>>17836882
It depends on how serious they take the crap and given their reaction ... it's 9/11 serious, so there is nothing you can do at this point. It's better to cut ties completely, perhaps they wise up eventually, if not, good riddance.

Also if her threat wasn't just being very pissed, it's better to cut ties for your own safety.
>>
>>17836882
Lmao, I'm actually running away in a week or so to live with my friend. Nobody knows, I'm not just leaving because of religion but rather the conservatism and abundance of rules placed on all the muslim women in my family.

I would never tell my parents I left Islam, that would break their hearts, just gonna say I transferred to a better university and some other bullshit...
>>
>>17836882
If you parents are anything like mine...They won't ever want anything to do with you again. I don't get the point in coming out, just lie and say you're still muslim, what did you gain from being honest?
>>
>>17836882
Don't force it. Stay in contact (if you want) with a card or something twice a year or something. Let her come to you, you're not going to be able to change her mind.

Also, from what I read in the news, muslim families killing their daughters is a real threat - consider that you might be better off just moving on. Good luck
>>
>>17836882
my parents found out and theyy were super disappoiinted. idc though because i its my life. i pay all my bills, i work, i goto school, if my parents caant accept that oh well
>>
>>17836882

you might just be better off without them if they literally want to kill you over an opinion/belief
>>
>>17837042
Very serious, my mom went from mainline sunni to salafi. She wears a niqab.

>>17837066
I hope you do well on your own.

>>17837078
I'd rather be honest with myself.

>>17837087
Christian or muslim?
>>
About to go to sleep, so one last post before I head out. I've decided to tell them that I am cutting all ties, that if they dont wish to talk to me, then nor should I them. I'm my mother's only child (I have one half brother), so I do feel bad about it, but I'm resolved.

How do I go about leaving that message? Should I be confrontational, or just very matter-of-fact?
>>
>>17837779
matter of fact, definitely

good luck to you. really. I hope you do well in life. from what little I know about you, you seem admirable as fuck.
>>
>>17837779
Matter of factly and stick to the no contact.

godspeed apostate
>>
>>17836882
Seriously you can't unless Islam as a religion changes and get a huge reformation. It is not going so well with that because of leftists cucks are accepting Islam as a religion how it is right now.
>>
>>17836882
There is no salvaging it, Islam is a disease.

>>17836976
This. Disregard family, acquire friends. Especially when said family threatens you with an honor killing.

>>17837032
So glad I voted Trump.
>>
>>17837895
Yeah, I voted Trump also, though I'm not as big a fan as many on 4chan.
>>
>>17837859
Crazy things are said in islamic sermons. I was told at one point that my aspiring for a phd was improper because that would reduce my window to have children. My brother (who is a good guy and is secretly an athiest himself) wants to become a politician, he was taken aside one day by a cleric at our mosque and instructed of his duty to spread political islam in America. Leftists are nuts to accept it as is.
>>
>>17838592
Same. I'm a moderate conservative; I've been a registered republican since I turned 18, but this is the first time I actually voted for my party's candidate. I voted for him because as meme-tier as he can be, he honestly has some really good ideas, and I find the fact that he's not part of the establishment and is so rich he can't be bought very appealing, that and I was going to pick literally *anyone* before Hillary; woman is pure evil.

>>17838611
>Leftists are nuts to accept it as is
Leftists are just nuts in general. Nuts, immature, or both. You have to understand that white liberals are some of the most entitled, disingenuous people on the planet. They care *nothing* for the "marginalized" people they claim to champion; for them, it's all about having the moral high ground from which they can judge others, think of them as neo-puritans and they become much easier to understand, predict, and manage.

What blows my mind is how someone can claim to be a feminist and yet support Islam. "DOWN WITH THE PATRIARCHY!... Now let's advocate for the single most patriarchal, misogynistic ideology in the world."

The sheer prevalence of this contradiction amongst liberals is, to me, irrefutable proof that most of them are completely full of shit.

They're all about women's rights... unless it means criticizing an ideology traditionally associated with brown people; it's the same reason they insist on harassing white guys over the MUHSOREGYNY in their video games, and yet don't say shit about the blatant, glorified misogyny in hip-hop culture.

Well, that and they know black men would simply tell them in no uncertain terms to eat a dick.

The good news is, everyone seems to be catching on that the left runs on shaming tactics, emotion, and the desire of others to conduct themselves civilly.

They're loud, entitled, sociopathic children, nothing more.

Anyway, congrats to you and your brother ma'am for escaping an ideology that treats you as a commodity.
>>
>>17837779
Matter of fact, free of hostility. Emotional volatility implies a desire for reconciliation and compromise, which you won't get. Perish the thought.

Leave them a message, tell them that the life you want and the values you believe in are irreconcilable with their faith.

Afterwards, I strongly recommend changing your phone number, and if they know where you live maybe consider moving if it's not a complete logistical nightmare.

http://www.cracked.com/personal-experiences-2024-when-religious-parents-kill-kids-inside-honor-killing.html

^Shit is no joke. Your mother has threatened to *kill you,* that's fucking insane.
>>
>>17836914
Well you will most likely literally die trying
>>
>>17838900
Thank you

>>17838909
I've broken off from them financially 100%, they dont know where I live either. I have yet to change my phone number because I'm on a cheap unlimited data plan that no longer exists with verizon. My dad probably wouldnt kill me, but my mom definitely would. I like how that cracked article tries to push the blame off islam, lmao liberals.
>>17838913
I think the chance is there, yeah.
>>
It is sad that such extreme ideas and beliefs can turn one against their own flesh and blood. You're better off without them OP. Let them come to live with their regret and the realisation that their lives are meaningless and the only tangible and meaningful thing they had on this world is gone because of their hatered and ignorance. As for you, enjoy being your own woman and be the best you can.
>>
Late thirties and male, so it might be different for me but my parents recently found out I'm not Muslim and got really upset. Denied it for ages and tried to convince me, even though I've never been Muslim in front of them or done anything that shows I follow it. I was born Muslim they say. I'm not atheist though. Common sense tells me I can't believe in something unless I know for sure. There might be a God, there might be multiple gods, they might be aliens. *shrugs*
I explained to my folks that I believe in all of humanity being one. And that I respect the process of Islam to the point where if I can't follow it 100% I can't call myself a Muslim. I'm not going to lie to myself about it and pretend like so many other religious people who just follow rather than actually know.
Mum told me there are heaps of Muslims who are hypocrites and do haraam things, yet they tell people they are Muslim. And I told my Mum I don't want to be that kind of person. If there is a God I'm sure I'd be better appreciated as a good non-Muslim rather than a bad Muslim.
So Mum and I started watching some docos about the origins of humanity (Sumerian Texts), and then read a line from the Quran that said 'All good people of Muslim, Christian, Jewish and *those who believe in the stars??* have a place in heaven'. It also says you shouldn't force your beliefs onto other people.
So yeah, if your parents give you a hard time about it tell them you don't need to be a Muslim for Allah to let you into heaven.
Try talking to your parents in a way that shows you accept them and their beliefs, as opposed to implying your beliefs will cause a divide. Don't tell them you're atheist, tell them you need to find your own path to belief.

Then again, she threatened to kill you...
>>
You're best off pretending to be Muslim for them if you want a relationship with them while being secretly atheist. Lying like this shouldn't matter to you since you're not religious anyway.
>>
>>17839212
I dont believe in any god or gods, I'm a hard athiest, so that doesnt work for me.

>>17839336
I dont want to live a lie, I try to be honest with myself and others.

I called my mom today, she didnt pick up, so I left her a message. Just said that if she wants to be a part of my life at any point in the future, then she and my dad were going to have to act differently. Also said that I was afraid for my life as a result of her threats, and that I took them seriously.
>>
>>17836882
Wow cool religion we should totally welcome it into Europe and America!
>>
>>17839580
WOAH, look at the racist we have over here!
>>
I've never been in Islam, but after discovering a youtuber "Introvertedsmiles" I wonder what I can do to help the apostate community as a whole. Can't imagine what it's like for people who have double lives like that. There are ways to clear your digital footprint & some have gone as far as disappearing to start a new life. So I hope you find friends or a community or people who you trust that can back you up. Ayan Hirsi Ali is one of my heroes. Best of luck to you and all brave women who make the most out of life.
>>
it might not be as safe, but there are ex-muslim communities online, from reddit to international.
>>
>>17839687
But Anon the racist ones are the people who don't want to bring these warm, friendly beliefs into our homes!
>>
>>17839516
>I dont believe in any god or gods, I'm a hard athiest, so that doesnt work for me.

It sounds like your beliefs are radical just like your parents. How do you expect them to compromise when you aren't willing to be open minded?

Consider that the definition of god has changed over the course of the last several thousand years.

The ancient Egyptians believed the sun was a god due to it providing warmth, light and growth to life. Would you be willing to consider that as a potential truth?
>>
>>17836882
Any relationship with them will be really unhealthy. You should just try to move on.
>>
>>17840202
She doesn't want to leave her parents because they believe in different shit, so it's not like the situation is even remotely similar.
>>
>>17840202
I'm not trying to force my beliefs on them at all, they are doing all they can to bring me back into the fold. This is not about compromise, it's about acceptance.
>>
>>17840208
My approach doesn't require her beliefs to be similar to her parents.
She just needs to change the way she approaches the topic so it's about overall togetherness and unity, rather than 'I'm right and you're wrong'.
Like I said in my original post, she can point out to them that Islam can still accept her even if she isn't Muslim.
>>
>>17840257
That's not how I phrase things at all, I dont care what they believe, so long as they arent using to force to convert people/keep people from leaving.

Also, Islam really doesnt allow people to peave the faith. The Quran, clarified by the "true", aka universally accepted Hadiths, specifies the punishment for apostasy as death.
>>
>>17840255
Find some texts from your quran about accepting everyone and being peaceful and cooperative with those not of the same religion.
Have your parents read them and try to have a civil discussion about loving them and wanting to stay close to them.
Use their own beliefs against them.
If they refuse then you might have to cut it off, if they accept then continue to strengthen your relationship with them.
Its a tricky situation.
>>
>>17840255
I know you're not trying to force your beliefs on them, but generally when a religious person finds out someone is atheist they'll take it as a personal insult and it will create a division.

All I'm saying is that it worked for me when I used positive discussion to reassure my parents that I wasn't stabbing them in the back or betraying them.

It might not work with your parents. But it's an idea.
>>
>>17840269
Why should she spend so much effort though? Every relationship, even between parents and children needs work from both sides, and OP didn't attack them for not being atheists.
>>
>>17840288
Youre an idiot arent you?
The texts are an example, an olive branch if you will, to show that her knowledge of their religion is still there and she can appreciate it even though she doesnt believe.
Its a way to try and ease up the tension.
I had to do something similar with my parents since i was raised Catholic and stopped believing in all of that. I have some experience with what OP is going through.
>>
>>17840264
>That's not how I phrase things at all,
You don't have to phrase it like that because it's implied.
>I dont care what they believe,
You should care about what they believe if you're expecting to be in their lives.
>Also, Islam really doesnt allow people to peave the faith.
We're you a full practicing believer?
>>
>>17836882
OP make sure not to normalize these threats

You may think to yourself "My parents truly love me deep down inside, they would never hurt me. These threats are just extreme sounding because they have extreme dedication to their religion, and it's the only way they know how to express that to me"

It's the same normalization of violence that people trapped in abusive relationships experience, similar to Stockholm Syndrome

Take death threats very seriously. Forget they're your family and focus on how they behave

Yes, don't sever ties, but don't sleep over at their house alone if you've recently had an argument. They might legitimately kill you and feel as if they are doing the right thing

Religion can induce legitimate psychosis in individuals who are sufficiently indoctrinated

Please be careful OP, I don't want you to get hurt. Honestly, I care about all people because I am an atheist and humanist. Forget this scum
>>
>>17840298
>to show that her knowledge of their religion is still there and she can appreciate it even though she doesnt believe
Would they do they same and read Dawkins? You know the answer.

Why should she bend over backwards to stay in contact?
>>
>>17840310
Nice troll bro, ill bite.
Staying in contact because theyre her parents for one.
Its not going to be easy but theres a chance theyll eventually accept her again.
The wound is fresh, the reaction is expected so why burn the bridge right off the bat?
>dawkins
I dont know who the fuck that is nor do i read any of those farthuffing aethiest books but i can tell you i dont believe in God or any of that wacko religious bullshit.
>>
>>17840310
>Why should she bend over backwards to stay in contact?
It's called common decency for your loved ones, especially considering they raised her. She might literally go from being in a shitstorm to her parents being proud of her for putting in the effort to reassure them.
Basically she has to show them that she isn't a sinner in the eyes of the religion.
>>
>>17840317
>Staying in contact because theyre her parents for one.
So? They are also people who threatened her. What's the second reason?

>theres a chance theyll eventually accept her again.
Sure but why should she be the only one to invest effort into that? Shouldn't THEY be worried about their daughter accepting them again?

>I dont know who the fuck that is
>now knowing the guy who coined the term "meme"

>but i can tell you i dont believe in God or any of that wacko religious bullshit
It doesn't really matter. You still have a similar attitude as religious people who expect others to adjust for them.

>>17840323
>It's called common decency for your loved ones
That goes both ways.

>especially considering they raised her
It's pretty much their job after not aborting.

>Basically she has to show them that she isn't a sinner in the eyes of the religion.
So why does she have to show that and they don't have to show that they aren't crazy zealots in the eyes of normal people?
>>
>>17840333
>>17840333
Answer me this, why do aethiests for the most part have their head up their own asses? because youre a good example of those farthuffers i was talking about.

Theyre her parents, burning bridges, etc.

>thinking i give a shit about a man who coined a word
Youve read his books, you know the things hes created, how are you not as hypocritical as the people youre talking shit about?
And lolol no i dont.
I dont care what a person preaches or believes in, thats their own personal choice not mine so it doesnt affect me.

I had no idea you /r9k/ fedoras were trickling into this board.
>>
>>17840333
Mate, in case you're confused, OP posted in the advice forum and asked us -
>How do I salvage the relationship?
>>
>>17840341
> why do aethiests for the most part have their head up their own asses?
Nice straw-manning here. At least going by example in OP, it's clearly not an atheist family issuing death threats to a kid for not believing in what they believe.

>Theyre her parents, burning bridges, etc.
You can use the same arguments against them. You still didn't give a solid reason why one side should appease the aggressive one who created the entire conflict.

>how are you not as hypocritical as the people youre talking shit about?
How is it? I am not saying it'd be bad if she would learn more about Islam, but at the same time they should learn more about different beliefs too.

>thats their own personal choice not mine so it doesnt affect me
The OP is an example of how it does indeed affect people who don't believe in one way or another.

>How do I salvage the relationship?
The obvious answer would be simply rolling with their bullshit and pretending to believe. Anon said she doesn't want to lie, which is bound to cut off most options with extremists.
>>
File: IMG_6793.jpg (63KB, 528x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6793.jpg
63KB, 528x720px
>>17840363
Alright well i can see youre up on a high horse and theres no reasoning with you.

OP you need to try and extend an olive branch of sorts, dont burn the bridge right off the bat but if it comes down to it then cut off all contact.
I gave my reasons and examples for trying to be civil and mature so i feel that i did my job.

Heres a funny picture OP, i hope it all works out.
>>
>>17840375
>both sides need to make steps for it to work
>high horse
Check your glasses, bruv.
>>
>leaves Islam
>becomes Atheist

It's like you abandoned failure, to embrace failure 2.0

You wanna establish bonds with your family? Find a way to convert them to a different religion, preferably Christianity.

Something that actually promotes unity, family values, tolerance (within reason), and a religion that wont kill you for leaving. A religion that can't force you into anything or manipulate you. A religion that doesn't scold you for not covering almost your entire body.

Good luck with that though, because Islam is probably the most stubborn religion on Earth. No really. I've debated these guys and it's like they're Klingons. And I feel like that's an insult even to Klingons.

You can't seriously expect peace of mind in the presence of people who expect so much of you.

Forgiveness should be at the forefront of any parents mind.

My advice, join a church, a truly Christian church, share your story with them, and slowly but surely, you will find a place in that community.
>>
>>17840269
>>17840285
That could help, my mom still hasnt gotten back to me, but if/when she does, I'll try to bring up more merciful passages.

>>17840306
Yeah, I was a practing muslim, so much so thay if I didnt pray after basically everything, I'd get the belt.

>>17840307
They dont know where I live, so I am handling this all over the phone.

>>17840310
I want to be the bigger person here, but it is a bit of a double standard. Life isnt fair, so that's just the way it has to be.

>>17840436
Proselytizing on an anime image board doea very little to convince me to become a christian.
>>
>>17839093
No it isnt "a chance" it is "most likely"
>>
>>17837779
Matter of fact, but make sure not to do it in person in a private setting. Do it in public or through a letter or phone call or somethiang.
>>
>>17840458
you're right... I shouldn't have done that..

proselytizing.. feels no different than being forced as I read it again..uhg..

look, just.. i really wish the best for you, and I should probably be embarrassed that I compared those people to klingons really.. i dunno, i guess the whole concept of Klingons dying victoriously in battle for honors sake is something i guess anyone might correlate to honor killings in Islam.. but that's beside the point..

I want you to achieve peace of kind.. but one of the most important elements to living in peace.. is family. Family fascilitates daily life..

I see these muslim families in my neighborhood and they seem happy as they are.. then I run into people like you. And you're like the gay kid the family disowned.. then I feel people in your same abandoned situation make a secular community amongst yourselves but it -by itself, will never equal the love a family is SUPPOSED to show you..

I see this all the time, grown adults going to psychiatrists, just wanting to vent, because they did not make the choices their families were okay with, and they either combatively push back in opposition to their families abandonment stubbornly placing their hate on them, or they medicate themselves, or both, or turn to alcohol, hard drugs, etc.

Just saying, even if I worded it poorly.. there are doors that will always open, and you will not have the connection with family you had as a child, but you will have genuine support.
>>
File: shiggynegan.png (393KB, 450x450px)
shiggynegan.png
393KB, 450x450px
>>17839093
You're welcome, ArabQTanon.

>I like how that cracked article tries to push the blame off islam, lmao liberals
They literally cannot go a day without bringing up Trump. The liberal agenda wasn't overwhelming until about two years ago, and it's just been completely downhill from there. Maybe a couple of weeks ago they mentioned in a preachy article that their demographic was "mostly liberal college kids" hence the constant pushing of the liberal agenda and the demonizing/dismissive way they regard groups that qualify as SJW boogeymen.

In essence, they unintentionally admitted that libtards cannot enjoy anything that doesn't pander to them.

It was a bretty gud site when they focused on fact lists and dick jokes.

>>17839128
This.

>>17839212
>Common sense tells me I can't believe in something unless I know for sure
Everyone needs to take this to heart. Agnosticism ftw. I don't understand how people can have such convictions in the absence of proof [spoiler]it's because when you're conditioned from birth to believe something it's really hard to shake that shit[/spoiler].

Like, theists KNOW their dogma is correct, just like atheists KNOW god doesn't exist (I mean it's an infinite universe, and we've only begun to glimpse at a fraction of it, but there's no way powers beyond our understanding are a thing).

Here's words to live by: believe whatever you want, just don't be a dick to anyone else.

That's about the only part of your post I agree with: OP's family are very dangerous people, she should not attempt to reconcile or coexist with them.

>>17839336
>Implying divine mandate is the only motivation to want to be an honest person
>Implying it's impossible to be ethical in the absence of religion
>mfw

>>17839516
>I dont believe in any god or gods, I'm a hard athiest, so that doesnt work for me
Keep an open mind anon, and embrace the fact the only thing that's for sure is that nothing's for sure.

>MOAR TO FOLLOW
>>
File: TRUMP.gif (1MB, 680x849px)
TRUMP.gif
1MB, 680x849px
>>17839516
>HERE'S MOAR

>I called my mom today, she didnt pick up, so I left her a message. Just said that if she wants to be a part of my life at any point in the future, then she and my dad were going to have to act differently. Also said that I was afraid for my life as a result of her threats, and that I took them seriously.
OP, please listen to me when I tell you they're not going to change. If your mother is willing to threaten the life of her only child, then she's way too far gone, and I would be extremely wary of any claims of moderation on her part.

Read: If she's suddenly willing to be reasonable, that's a huge red flag.

I strongly recommend cutting all ties, moving on with your life, and never looking back. However, if you disregard my advice, please at the very least never, ever meet with your parents alone. Bring a non-muslim friend, ideally two. Let plenty of people know where you are, what you're doing, and who you're with.

>>17839687
Islam is an ideology, not a race, eat a bag of dicks.

>>17840202
Stop shit posting. Being a smug atheist is very different from being a radical anything.

And to be completely fair, if I was in her shoes I imagine I'd be very averse to religion in general.

>>17840203
This.

>>17840317
>Staying in contact because theyre her parents for one
Personally, I reject the idea that just because you're born into a family, you have to remain a part of it, even if they're assholes, just because.

PROTIP: Tradition is the corpse of wisdom.

>>17840333
Trips speaks the truth.

>>17840341
Shit posting. Disregard this person and do not allow them to derail the thread.

>>17840348
And the consensus seems to be "you don't, it sucks, but your parents are fucked in the head."

>>17840436
Shit. Posting.
>>
>>17839687
>>17840507
That was me, I was being sarcastic
>>
>>17840323
Yeah she might, but you can't let yourself have false hope

There's a propensity to have faith in humanity and believe this, but some people legitimately are -that- indoctrinated to the point where they will actually legitimately kill their daughter, it's insane

So you have to be safe.
>>
>>17836882
Cut your losses before they cut you OP. You aren't dealing with a parent who is simply disappointed in you or upset at the direction you have taken in life. You have committed apostasy and under the Islamic doctrine that is punishable by death. You are not dealing with upset parents, you are dealing with people who have witnessed you commit a deadly sin who will try to kill you because it's what they believe is right, it's what they know to be self evident. I'm sorry for the situation you're in, it's very unfortunate but is it worth risking your life over or traumatizing yourself even further?
>>
My parents would probably not kill me if I tell them I left Islam. They most likely will cut off all ties with me. However, if I open up I might as well kill myself or migrate and change my identity considering where I live.

Do what you think is best OP. All will work out in the end.
>>
>>17840341
You're legitimately insane. Family and blood mean jack shit when those family members have LITERALLY AND SERIOUSLY threatened to FUCKING KILL HER. Would you recommend that a daughter keep in contact with her father if he molested and/or beat her? What the actual fuck.

Your REAL family consists of people who love you unconditionally and would never do harm to you. Blood means nothing in those circumstances.
>>
File: doggles-hero.jpg (100KB, 900x704px) Image search: [Google]
doggles-hero.jpg
100KB, 900x704px
https://youtu.be/i3j9pCPzbqA

If you identify as a muslim, please watch. This guy went through something similar.
>>
>>17841015
You guys are all fucking retards and missed the part where i said "cut off contact if necessary" if her family really doesnt make any attempt to change.
Stop it with the selective reading and all your tryhard edginess.
>>
>>17837032
Maybe you could tell them that not all muslims are supposed hate atheists. Play the media card, and then put it online for upboats
>>
>>17836882

>be librul
>cry about equality and right of self-determination
>muslims get uncucked by the same libtards who love to be cucked my muslims

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha you can't make this shit up.

libtardism can conquer even islam
>>
>>17842099
I'm a conservative, not a liberal. Shit, I voted for the constitution party in my state's gubernatorial election two years. Islam is a violent religion, whose followers on the majority, want to subvert our nation. Between that, the beatings I received for doing just about anything, I left as soon as I could.
>>
>>17842296
Two years ago*

Also, while I love my parents and desperately want to be their daughter again, it is a process, hence, why I made this thread.
>>
>>17842296
>Islam is a violent religion, whose followers on the majority, want to subvert our nation.
This, I believe there's even something in their scripture about "it's totally ok to lie to infidels as a means to the end that is infiltrating and subverting their culture." Confirm/deny OPArabQT?

The bottom line is this: Islam is irreconcilable with western values, it is impossible for the two cultures to coexist in any meaningful way in the long term, and Islam understands this. Only libcucks delude themselves into thinking coexistence was ever the plan, the plan is, was, and always has been "infiltrate, subvert, expand the caliphate."

Liberals are truly traitors to their own cause; if Islam is allowed to gain influence, women's/LGBT/tumblr rights suffer. I have to wonder if the feminazis tying the noose around their own neck are truly so deluded that they don't realize that they're handing their real enemies the keys to the kingdom, or if it's just an "après moi" attitude about the whole thing; happy to doom their own civilization as long as they get to sit with their friends, circlejerk, and pat themselves on the back for being so "progressive."

I don't think most people realize just how terrible it would have been for our nation's well being if Hillary had won.

Trump is going to impose the fairest, and most basic of rules to immigrants: assimilate or leave. The fact that some would consider this extreme or oppressive shows just how far down the cuck slope we've slipped.

I've been saying for the longest time that the reason we're so divided as a nation is because we're too tolerant of the wrong things, and not tolerant enough of what really matters, that we lack any unifying national values; we've lacked the spine to say "this is our country, and this is how things are done here."

For the first time in a long time, I dare to hope that things might be turning around.
>>
Fear Allah. One day you will die.

And you will be asked about your life.

Be a good women, be kind, give to the poor, be gratefull to ehat God gave you.

Why leave the truth? Indeed the believers will be the one who will succeed. Surely they will know in the hereafter.
>>
>>17842807
Or just be a good person.

Don't worry, OP. Find you a good man and enjoy life without your parents that want to kill you over the spaghetti monster.
>>
File: 1478458302654.png (166KB, 373x340px) Image search: [Google]
1478458302654.png
166KB, 373x340px
>>17842807
t. Pakistani shitskin

I know you're just pic related, but being the only daughter in a conservative muslim household was a pretty horrible experience. Doing violence towards people because they disagree with you is pretty far from 'the truth'.
>>
Why the fuck did you tell them you're an atheist? I'm in the same situation and I can keep up appearances perfectly fine. I don't have to run to my parents, tip my fedora and shout "NOT MY RELIGION" like an absolute autist.
>>
>>17843311
I really didnt, they brought up that I had become a bad muslim since I went to university, and I told them the truth - that I hadnt believed in the islamic god for a long time.
>>
>>17842766
Every religion is irreconcilable with western values, most forms of Islams are pretty similar to other Jewish skywizard shit. Judging the whole thing based on couple extremists is fucking retarded, when most of them are pretty passive believers.

> it is impossible for the two cultures to coexist in any meaningful way in the long term
Just like Judaism in the West? Oh right, we got over that meme by now.
>>
>>17843329
Islam is way worse than Judaism or Christianity. The Quran isnt just violent like the Bible, it is also extremely jingoistic and perscribes a legal system.
>>
>>17843329

>Just like Judaism in the West. Oh right, we got over that meme by now.

There is still strife between hard core orthodox Jews and modern society, the only reason it's not worse or as bad as before WWII is because most of them fucked off to Israel- where there's strife between non-religious and moderate Jews and welfare-sucking hardcore Jews.
>>
>>17843333
>extremely jingoistic
Christfags were generally treated MUCH better by sandniggers than vice versa. As for political Islam, sure it's cancer but pretty much all the big 3 try to force their bullshit on others. Hence we should focus on secularism and not discriminating against one form of idiocy while tolerating the others.

>>17843342
This also applies to hardcore Christians, the problem are fucktards who take their bullshit to serious, not a religion with 1 billion followers, even though the religion itself is dumb too. Most muslims I know don't even bother to pray and take the shit as serious as Christians who go to church once in a year. By putting them all together into one box, you only push them away from our society and people who aren't accepted by society tend to dumb into dumb shit, whether it's alt-right or salafism.

Now obviously people like OPs parents are problematic but it's down to being crazy controlling and not the delusion they choose. Atheist alcoholic parents don't need some book to threat their kids.
>>
Honestly you're better of without them, religion is horrible and more so the people who can't live without it and try to force it on the people who "love"
>>
File: 1429329670679.jpg (16KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
1429329670679.jpg
16KB, 384x384px
>>17836882
I was in the same boat sort of
>grew up in the bible belt
>parents (whole family really) was super hard core Christians
>the annoying, obnoxious kind that like to pick fights with anything that goes against the chruch
>right below westborough baptist church teir, probably are just as bad though I dont want to admit it
>as a result I was like that by default when I was a kid
>get older, go though my edgy teen phase and try to defy them at every turn
>went anti religion, pissed them off a lot (lol)
>grow out of the edgy phase but still find it hard to get back into religion
>they just seemed to spiteful and angry, and my time out of it gave me a knew perspective
>moved away for college havent been to a church in almost 4 years
>parents know it, always try to guilt trip me with how "disappointed they are"
>like I give a shit

we have gotten better in recent years though, iM not against religion because I know a lot of good people with are religious (I repsect all kinds in some degree), and ive known several obnoxious atheists

just try talking to them and easing your way into it. It wont happen over night and it might not happen at all so be ready for an uphill battle. Also, nothing against your people but be careful in case they try to harm you, that is a possibility. Have friends go with you or bring something to defend yourself or a phone or something. My parents might have been bible bumpers but that wouldt kill me over it, and if they tried I would have shot first
>>
File: enterelectro.jpg (879KB, 4020x3066px)
enterelectro.jpg
879KB, 4020x3066px
>>17843329
>Every religion is irreconcilable with western values
Judeo-Christian values ARE western values, you degenerate cuck; just because we made the mistake of being too tolerant of degeneracy and barbarism doesn't change that fact.

Thank God for pic related.
>>
>>17843545
Well said.
>>
>>17843545
Self determination and individualism are contrary to Judeo-Christian cancer. As is equality or secular natural law. Did you miss the French revolution? We picked the best parts about humanism and skipped the massive amount of shit that goes against it.
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.