[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, /adv/. Yesterday I got caught trespassing with my brother

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: i aint messin around.png (36KB, 173x250px) Image search: [Google]
i aint messin around.png
36KB, 173x250px
Hey, /adv/. Yesterday I got caught trespassing with my brother on some dude's land, but it was a complete accident. My family owns a lot of land in that area, and we thought were on it, but it turns out we strayed a bit too far on accident, and the guy pressed charges. We didn't see any signs or anything, or even the guy himself, just a police officer who wrote us the tickets.

I've never been in trouble with the law before, and once I go in to see the judge, I'll have a class C misdemeanor for agricultural trespassing smack dab on my record. Is that gonna fuck me up too much? My brother said he'd talk to the judge about it, but I have a feeling that won't do much good. I'm really scared for my future. I didn't even know I was trespassing, but I guess that guy wasn't having any shit that day and now I gotta pay the price. What's life gonna be like for me from now on?
>>
It's not a felony you'll be fine and most likely no one will ever bring it up again once the court is done with
>>
You are fine man that is the same a speeding ticket in a year (maybe more i dont remember) it wont even be an issue. It doesnt stick horribly until it is class b or above ie. (possession of marijuana) and even then most places dont ask for midemeanors only felony arrests/convictions. As long as you dont do anything in the felony category unless you wanna be in the government or some super high security job you are A-ok just pay the ticket and do whatever the judge says.
>>
>>17835812
Demand a trial. If what you said is correct, a jury will likely side in your favor. At the very least, if you are going to get convicted of something you will make that ass hole have to show up in court.
>>
In terms of jobs I have a misdemeanor for cannabis possession and they always ask me about it during the interview so I just get to say "pshh hey I was a dumb kid etc." So you may have the opportunity to explain if it ever does comr up.
>>
>>17836991
op you shouldn't even need a trial

explain to judge what happened

maybe he will just dismiss the tickets
>>
>>17836991
It's a fucking misdemeanor, there is no trial.

It's the equivalent of a fucking speeding ticket OP, stop being dramatic.
>>
>>17837164
>It's a fucking misdemeanor, there is no trial.
There is one if you demand it. It is a constitutional requirement.

And if you don't believe me:

http://www.jp.hctx.net/traffic/responding.htm

"Rights of Defendants

If you are accused of an offense within the jurisdiction of the Justice Court, you have certain rights.

You have the right to see the complaint or citation that has been filed with the court.

You have the right to a trial by jury, but you may waive the right to a trial by jury and be tried by the court.

You have the right to be represented by an attorney of your choice. You are not required to be represented by an attorney. An attorney may make an appearance on your behalf.

You have the right to remain silent and not to give evidence against yourself. You may waive this right and discuss your case with a prosecutor in an effort to dispose of your case without trial."

https://www.constituteproject.org/constitution/United_States_of_America_1992

"Amendment VI
In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence."
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.