[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have a guy close friend, he seems to always get jealus when within

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

Have a guy close friend, he seems to always get jealus when within our group of friends, someone makes steps into adulthood. To the point where he stopped being friends with most of them and only talks to me and another one of our friend.
Just today I told him how I was planning on having a kid with my girlfriend and we have been planning it for a while.

He got mad and started saying to have a great life but in an asshole way.

Why did he react this way instead of congratulating me?

Worth noting he is a man child of 30 years. Plays with "action figures", collects toys, watches cartoons, and just recently moved back with his parents and quit his job.
>>
>>17835514

>why did he react this way instead of congratulating me?
>btw here is a list of reasons why he reacted this way isntead of congratulating me

people like their lives the way they are. some want kids. some dont. some want them later. some want them now. some want them never.

people think they are happy, and therefore their path is the only path to happiness, hwo can something different make someone else happy? some people get particularly offended by other peoples changes becuase they are worried about how it will effect their own.

he may not be jealous per se, rather afraid of ebign left behind. being a parent doesn't make you better or worse than someone who has no kids. it doesn't make you more mature, it doesn't make you more responsible. it doesn't make you 'ahead' in life. its not a step into adulthood, its a step into parenthood, and parenthood is not the end all.

but he is afraid of being the last one where he is. he is afraid of having no one else to hang out with becuase everyone else is too busy being an adult. its understandable but he does need to 'grow up' in the sense that he can't get butt flustered about it. its okay to be sad, but he sounds antagonistic about it, if he really is doing it in an 'asshole' way.
>>
>>17835552
Thank you for your advice. I agree its not a step into adulthood but the reason why I brought that up is because one time he got our group of friends together and cried to us saying he feels left behind as he sees us all growing up and not needing him for rides anymore, since we all drive now.

He was the only form of transportation within our group for a while, now we all have a car and dont depend on him anymore.

I have also seen him post about him having a weird phobia called "Athazagoraphobia" which is the fear of being forgotten.
>>
Why would you stay friends with a guy like that?
>>
>>17835572
We grew up together and we are 8 years apart. But we grew up close and he has said im his bestfriend and all that so I feel terrible if I were to stop being his friend. He has admitted he sufferers from depression and constantly references being better off dead, which of course I dont want that to happen.
>>
>>17835571

yep. but even if we both dont see it as a 'step into adulthood' the fact that we have to talk about how its not shows that most peopel think it is. and he of course, will see it as such. most humans are conflicted at best, so while he can rationalize that its not a 'step into adulthood' he will still see it that way.

and even if we don't talk about it that way hes still being left alone in the sense that everyone else is getting other important thigns in their life and just 'hanging with your mates' is no longer the top priority.

he is being left behind. not necessarily developmentally in a way that says he is 'lesser' but he is being left behind. and that sucks
>>
>>17835594
Yeah hes the oldest out of everyone and everyone seems to be getting their life together except him, hes going backwards it seems.
>>
>>17835618
it does seem that way. despite my rant about parenthood he does seem like he is a manchild, and not in a positive way.
>>
>>17835625
He is. I almost think he is autistic. The way he reacts to things when things dont go his way. He seems to shut down and stops talking to everyone who caused the problem.
>>
I felt the same when my best friend got married, when he got a better paycheck than me, when he bought his new house and when he had children.

I laughed when i heard what he had named his kid though.

Thing is, i will never have a gf, a wife or kids, i've kind of accepted that now, but it was a long road to get there.

I still miss some of my friends who have distanced themselves or become shallow adults, like the way we could share thoughts, ideas and dreams before, all that intimacy is gone now, Maybe becaus they have girlfriends and do not need me for emotional support.

I kind of feel like all i ever was what i could provide for them, in the form of knowledge and support, but as soon as they didn't need it anymore, they stoped caring about me.
>>
>>17835688
There we go thats the answer I was looking for! I feel like my friend is feeling the same way!
>>
>>17835514
>Worth noting he is a man child of 30 years. Plays with "action figures", collects toys, watches cartoons, and just recently moved back with his parents and quit his job.
He's insecure about everyone else being blatantly superior to him. That's not your problem. Don't worry about it.
>>
>>17835633
>I almost think he is autistic. The way he reacts to things when things dont go his way. He seems to shut down and stops talking to everyone who caused the problem.
Dammit I tend to do that too sometimes. Could just be a tendency to run away from some of my problems though. I tend to be too focused on keeping independence at times.
>>
>>17835514
Cause you're boring ass is probably trying to make people jealous by making them invest in your ugly chink ass with your chink trickery, Ami (or is it Jean? you fraud).
For example you're the kind of turd that's probably said "me love you long time!" because of your crappy asian grasp on english pronunciation.
>>
>>17835618
Why not help him? Get him laid to increase his confidence?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.