[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/ i want to be a mortician, i am not disgusted by corpses

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 127684239678231.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
127684239678231.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
Hey /adv/ i want to be a mortician, i am not disgusted by corpses and i like not talking to people, some general advice?
>>
>>17834899

Mortician talk to lots of people. Everyone comes to you at some point about a dead loved one, and they're often emotional.

My friends a mortician. He's really outgoing and his family that's run the funeral home for generations is a prominent fixture of the local community.
>>
>>17834982
can't i just embalm? where did he study?
>>
Did you look up classes at your local community college? I'm sure there's certification for it like any other job.
>>
>>17834982
This. My family mortician is very sociable and experienced with providing comfort. I've noticed he's got a socializing trick up his sleeve. He remembers every single person he's ever met- it seems to just be part of the job- and he always remembers their name and at least one fact about them. Even if they're not very talkative and he can't get much out of them like with me, he has that one thing to talk to them about. My fact is he always remembered the place I worked, so every time a family member dies and I see him at the funeral home, he comes up to me and says "Hi, Anon. How is work going? Are you still working at X as a Y?" I actually feel kinda bad because I'm getting a new job, and next time I see him I'm going to have to update him.

OP, have you ever been to a funeral before? Those events are all about talking to people, and in the most delicate of circumstances. The deceased themselves are like at the bottom of the list of what you have to deal with, it's mostly about appeasing their surviving relations.There are other jobs involving dead bodies that are much less sociable.
>>
>>17834899
>i am not disgusted by corpses

Are you disgusted by shit? Because I've heard it's a job that involves a surprising amount of cleaning human excrement and inserting things into dead people's assholes.
>>
Have you looked into coroner work?
>>
>>17835002
visit some big funeral homes and ask them about career advice

my guess is the larger places specialize their employees and hire total schmoozers for the people part to get as much $$ from those grieving people as possible

you type like a technical person so fine, get a job where you can focus your talents
>>
>>17835002
>can't i just embalm?
This is kinda like asking if you could work at or own a store, but only be the stock boy that physically moves the product to the shelves. Conceivably you could have somebody perform just that one task, but it's more economically feasible to have somebody that can stock the shelves, provide customer assistance, and work the register all at the proper times to perform those tasks. I really don't think you'll have much luck finding a mortician that will hire you to just prepare and dress the bodies in the back while he handles all the work up in the front with the customers. Usually somebody just does both, with assistants that may or may not help with both jobs. And if you did manage to just be an embalmer, I'm not sure your title would actually be "mortician."
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.