[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How often do employers call each of the references you put down

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: pangolins have weird ears.jpg (118KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
pangolins have weird ears.jpg
118KB, 600x338px
How often do employers call each of the references you put down on your resume?

I'm applying to work as a bank teller. I have plenty of prior work experience, but I've only ever worked one "office job", and I didn't leave there on the best terms (it was the place, not me). Should I put it on the resume, or leave it off?
>>
Yes, but leave your friend's name and number as a supervisor reference, with instructions to provide you with a glowing review.
>>
>>17834782
if you are applying to a bank then you can except a full background check including way more than just "calling your references"

please do you think adults are going to let you play with their $$ just because you want some job ?
>>
what happened at the last job.
>>
>>17834782
They always do in my experience, however at a corporate level the questions are basically always just related to facts such as your title and length of employment. They might ask whether you were or were not terminated though. Additionally, they'll probably just ask about it in the interview.
>>
>>17834998
It sucked, so I left, just not in the most mature manner.

It was call center work, so not the most relevant per se, but it's the only sort of "indoor" job that I've had
>>
File: 1480890280243.jpg (57KB, 680x496px) Image search: [Google]
1480890280243.jpg
57KB, 680x496px
I got fired from my last job. Put my friend as my supervisor like another anon mentioned
Been making money ever since. Never admit you got fired. Just say you left to grow or they laid you off, preferably the latter.
>>
>>17834782

i had bryan singer listed on my resume for 3 years. literally no one called him or commented on it.
>>
>>17835512
>bryan singer
Two questions:
1) What type of jobs were you applying for
2) Can you give me his number? I have a couple of screenplays I'd like him to look at
>>
>>17835763

>what type of jobs were you applying for

over the course of 3 years, all of them. minimum wage, film, office.

>can you give me his number

nope. not like hed read them if you did.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.