[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I regulate my sleep cycle so that I can go to bed at 11:30

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 13778013[1].jpg (89KB, 684x576px) Image search: [Google]
13778013[1].jpg
89KB, 684x576px
How do I regulate my sleep cycle so that I can go to bed at 11:30 every night? I have been going to bed at random times from 3AM-5AM usually, and I've been taking melatonin for years, which I just learned actually fucks up your body's natural production of it.

Anyone had success with fixing your dysfunctional NEET sleep pattern, or lack thereof?
>>
Put your phone down.
>>
>>17834303
Why do you want to change it? Because I'm in the exact same ship except for the melatonin part and I had moments where I wanted to change it too.

Are you REALLY motivated? If so, just put your alarm clock on 8:30AM and just go to sleep when you normally asleep. If you REALLY are motivated to change it up you will get up in the morning. If you're like me you will probably hit snooze or ignore and keep sleeping.

Just get a job that starts in the morning, that or go to school or something. Then the first day you will be tired as fuck but the next one you will be able to sleep earlier because of how tired you are. Did this a lot in high school where in the vacations I had this sleeping schedule and the first schoolday I would always be tired as fuck, next one I was able to sleep at like 11:00.
>>
>>17834428
Not OP, but got the same problem. I can't sleep between 9 pm and 4 am no matter what. I've tried to change my schedule by force several times, without success.

If I force myself to get up early and stay awake all day I usually fall asleep in front of the TV somewhere between 7 and 10pm. Even if it's just 10 minutes, it's enough to let me stay awake till 3am at the very least, worst so far was 9am before I finally found back to sleep.

Another phenomenon I discovered is that when I just pushed through the tiredness, no matter how horrible the day has been, it goes away at around 11pm and I can't sleep for a couple hours after that, even if I've been awake for 36 hours straight.

What's the absolute weirdest though is what happens if I'm tired all day and go to bed at normal hours. I'll wake up at 2 to 3 am, feeling like absolute shit, unable to go back to sleep. The next day then is the worst of the worst, or I can finally sleep again around 7 to 9am.

I do most my sleeping during lunch break or after uni or work, which keeps me alive but doesn't really work to make me feel normal.

Last night I couldn't fall asleep till 6 am, it's now 3pm when I woke up after sleeping through 4 alarms.
>>
>>17834484
Might also add that hard manual labor doesn't change it either, but night shifts are pure bliss.
>>
>>17834484
Yeah that's also why I stopped trying to change it. If you don't have anything to get up early for there's no reason for me to get up early.

I also picked up a food delivery job that's always in the evening, even though I always come home exhausted at around 10 PM I still stay up till about 3-4 AM. I don't mind it too much, my mom does though.
>>
>>17834303
Turn off all electronics and lights except for a light by the bed. Then get a book and get into bed and read. Keep doing this every night at that time, in addition to waking up at 8:30am every morning and it will become more natural.

Give this a week before you give up on it. Stay vigilant on the no electronics, and waking up at 8:30am. Also no caffeine after noon, but that should be obvious.
>>
>>17834598
>Yeah that's also why I stopped trying to change it. If you don't have anything to get up early for
I get up at 6:15 on most days, but have a couple of days off in my uni schedule. I have something to get up for, but can't remember the last time I went to uni in the morning after more than 4 hours of sleep.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.