[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pros and cons of getting married? What are your perspectives/input

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0536.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0536.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Pros and cons of getting married?

What are your perspectives/input on looking for a spouse from a different culture? Of what I've heard and observed both american men and women make awful mates, but how about other parts of the world?
>>
>>17834271
There are pros???
>>
>>17834383

The only pros are for women.

It is pointless for a man to get married in this day and age.
>>
I suppose the tax benefits
>>
>>17834396
This is only useful if the woman does not work. If you both work and have even remotely similar incomes it actually ends up being a penalty.
>>
If you like it then you should've put a ring on it
>>
>>17834271
>Pros
None really, if you're a guy.
>>
>>17834271
>pro
Tax, benefit shopping and other legal crap.

>cons
You're stuck with one person and freeing yourself from them becomes a mess.

>What are your perspectives/input on looking for a spouse from a different culture?
Focus on the person, not some irrelevant external factors.

>Of what I've heard and observed both american men and women make awful mates
It's a country that elected a clown as president, the fuck do you expect?

>>17835274
Not necessary, depends on the spending too.
>>
>>17834271
>Pros

none men don't benefit from marriage anymore because the government puts all the burden of responsibility on to men.Your wife can cheat on you and take alimony/child support from you. also she is not obligated to give you sex in marriage and you are obligated to provide for her because marriage rape laws.

>Cons

you have to work more hours at work and doing handywork around the house,increase suicide chance in divorce,less time with friends and hobbies,she will have more control over you and your resources. basically you are her slave in marriage.
>>
>>17834271
Pros you get to watch someone you once loved but now hate get fat and ugly

Cons you don't get to watch them die because women outlive men
>>
>>17834271
>Pros and cons of getting married?
There are a few pros to being married. Having the same surname is good, especially when you have kids. There are some administrative things, bank accounts and such. If I wrap my car round a tree on the way home from work my wife can access all of our money, so my last thought won't be worrying if her and the kids will starve while my estate goes through probate. Depending on the circles you move in it also helps with social expectations - past a certain age people start to view you as being "defective" in some way if you're not married.

There aren't really any cons to it, provided that you don't marry the wrong person. The trick (in my experience at least) is not to rush in to it. Marriage is about being together forever, and if you're going together forever anyway it doesn't matter if you do it next week or next decade.
>>
>>17834271
i strongly advise against marriage if you are a man. i would also go as far as to recommend against cohabitation as well. there is always a (slim) chance things will work out and you will be happy together, but the opposite is far more likely. i wish this werent the case, but it is.
source: experience
>>
>>17834271

pros
>tax exemption
>easy to share spouse benefits (like insurance)
>easy inheritence
>partner allowed to seeyou if you're in the hospital

cons
>divorce
>being stuck with one woman
>feeling pressured to stay even when things go bad because of aforementioned divorce
>signing a piece of paper just to have an expensive ceremony for 'her day'.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.