[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Over the past some months, I've been experiencing hallucinations.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: enhanced-8025-1433356200-1.jpg (18KB, 625x352px) Image search: [Google]
enhanced-8025-1433356200-1.jpg
18KB, 625x352px
Over the past some months, I've been experiencing hallucinations. At first they were mild enough that I wrote them off as my mind playing tricks. Errant shadows moving incorrectly against the light, voices muttering that could've been a television in another room or the neighbors talking.

Over the past few weeks they've become more... concrete. I still can't make out the words being said, but I often mistake audio hallucinations as someone talking to me and discover that no one's said a thing. And I now see full silhouettes of people often standing around the interior of my house, and occasionally even moving.

At what point do you quit writing things off as an overactive imagination and escalate the issue to the next step?
>>
>>17833774
>At what point....

yep you are past that point

please schedule semi-urgent appt with psychologist or psychiatrist NOT A THERAPIST

explain your symptoms get a diagnosis then get on the meds

poke around here

nami.org

and stop the drugs & booze these can cause trouble too

good luck
>>
>>17833795
I don't drink or do any form of drug, even cigarettes. Less because I have some ethical problem with them and more because I was poor growing up and by the time I could afford a habit I was old enough to know better.

Does every outcome of seeking treatment automatically end in medication though? As alarming as these hallucinations are, the idea of being drugged up or having a diagnosis that follows me for life is ten times moreso.
>>
>>17833810
dude if what you typed in op is accurate, ie. you're not trolling shit

then sorry to type this but your life is already fucked up, your brain has chemical problems and that's why your perception of reality is starting to fuckup

and getting on meds will make it better

again go to nami.org read the horror stories in their forums written by people like yourself who said - yeah i can deal with this myself & not take meds

or don't believe me i really don;t care too much

my sis mentally ill & i spent lots of time at support groups listening to people spew your stupid shit, also hearing from their victims

so go fuck yourself or get a clue & get some help before you completely fuckup
>>
>>17833828
I didn't say I don't believe you. I just... I don't know. I was hoping if I brought it up some magical answer would drop out of the sky here and not be what I was pretty sure the answer was - I'm fucked.

Still, I appreciate that you're not trying to sugar coat it or feed me some useless advice about drinking herbal tea. I'll check the site out.
>>
>>17833774
Time to see a psychiatrist, OP.
These symptoms are clearly past the point of "it's nothing" and need to be evaluated.

>>17833810
Treatment includes many options, not just medication.
>As alarming as these hallucinations are, the idea of being drugged up or having a diagnosis that follows me for life is ten times moreso.
Problem is, these things often get worse without treatment.
By which i mean, you can get to the point where you lose your grip on reality completely and end up like the people on /x/, living in a trailer in the wilderness trying to catch UFOs or summon demons or god knows what.

And at that point, you'll be too fucked up to think logically like you are now.

Doctors treat people who need it for good reason. Very few side effects are genuinely bad enough to risk losing your mind.
>>
>>17833846
well i wish you the best

if you really have mental illness your life will be challenging but it can definitely be dealt with and kept under control with meds and you can do most of the normal things people do in life etc

without meds - forget it - you will be on the street homeless or in jail in a few months as the symptoms get worse

sorry
>>
Alright op i am here to help you after reading the cancerous 'advice' that other anon gave you.

Firstly, this.
Hallucinations can come and go. They are symtpomatic of your current mental state. Now whether that be from your thought forms and patterns, from certain kinds of media, from chemicals, or any combination of these, you must first know that they can go away.

It is your mind making this.
And it is your reactions that either escalate or deescalate them.
When your hallucinations began, you reacted with panic. This panic gave way to paranoia, which gave way to hyper sensitivity towards the hallucinations, bracing with fear at their coming around.
The fear is what perpetuates these things. You must not fear.
You must know tjat your mind created this, and your mind can stop it. You cannot fear your own mind and succeed.
You must not feed into the hallucinations with fearful attentiveness.
Face your hallucinations without fear, and see through them. They are mere games you create in your head. Let them not be so serious and alarming. When you can feel this and habitize remembering it, their severity will lessen.
Then, you will align your focus to better things and not pay it so much attention. The hallucinations will die down and go away.

Lastly, stop watching tv and playing games. It hurts you.
>>
>>17833921
And I'll post against all these pharma shills that have no idea what you're experiencing and simply suggest you permanently disable your mind with medicine that merely renders you "functional" at society's convenience and your own expense.

I've had hallucinations like these since I was a child. I managed to control myself and rise above them all my life and no longer experience it, because I finally conquered my fear response to it.
Medications will render you a zombie. It is a fate worse than death. Please do not spoil your brain in hopes of easily combatting something that requires you to be strong to overcome.

You made this. You must grow beyond it. And you can.
>>
>>17833925
enough of this power of the mind bullshit, OP is sick and he needs to see a real doctor
>>
>>17833934
You're a fucking moron. It is the power of the mind that has PUT OP in the place he is in, yet you are such an uninituitive, inexperienced defeatist retard that you who have never faced this personally believe that the very same mind that can create this cannot learn to solve it?

Eat shit you weak faggot. You have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>17833810
dude, i had almost the exact same situation as you (started having visual/auditory hallucinations later in life, was scared to get a diagnosis and go on meds)

i almost died because during a bad phase i walked into oncoming traffic. please seek help
>>
>>17833953
>You're a fucking moron
>you have no idea what you're talking about
funny, I was going to say the exact same thing about your posts but decided to lay off the insults

guess I shouldn't have bothered, you've really drank the koolaid on this whole doctors and modern medicine are bad thing
>>
>>17833971
Right, I'm the one that drank the koolaid when you'll readily suggest a stranger takes medicine designed by people who make some of the biggest profits on the fucking planet off of the diseases of mankind, and issue drugs causing severe changes in brain function when the scientific community at large has only barely scratched the surface of understanding the human brain and can literally not even tell you where a thought comes from.

Tl;dr you literally have no understanding of the topic yet righteously toss out memes handed down from people that fly jets on the illnesses of others. You absolute pussy.
>>
>>17833989
>medicine is evil man, its all just the fucking corporations trying to control you
lol, schizophrenia
>>
>>17833993
I only responded to you so smaller minded anons wouldn't take your polarizing statements as confidence in truth. Both your targeting in and expression of trolling shows how weak you are. Please try to enjoy your obviously shit life.
>>
What are you into? This is an honest question. You can bring things over from the other dimension by playing with a witch-board, using drugs or holding an extreme grudge on someone. Evil entities feed off of negative energy. Pray and seek spiritual guidance from a knowledgeable priest.
>>
>>17833774
Alright, there's a lot of toxic shit in this thread. OP, as someone who has worked with and had to watch people deteriorate due to them trying to "fix themselves", please go get help. I would recommend a psychologist first, in the event that a chemical imbalance is causing the hallucinations. Talk openly with them, and if you have doubts about if medication will help, TELL THEM. They can recommend you to a therapist who will help. These people have spent years and money studying the mind, and I can assure you that most of them really don't want you to end up in a mental hospital or dead.
Please, please get help. I cannot stress this enough.
>>
>>17834002
>no one can help themselves
>don't bother

It's thinking like this that creates sick minds. "I experience X and I can't help it." X intensifies.
The weak leading the weak.
>>
>>17834031
I won't deny that for some, the method you mentioned does work, but for a majority of people, that isn't simply the case. Sometimes, you need outside assistance, and that's okay, especially if your brain is deficient in serotonin or dopamine. If a chemical imbalance isn't the issue, there could be an underlying/repressed mental issue that needs to be addressed.
In any instance, I won't try to change your opinion, as you seem pretty set on keeping it.
>>
>>17834031
Also, wait, when did I say "don't bother" or "no one can help themselves"? Reaching out and speaking up about a problem IS helping yourself.
>>
>>17834039
People will pander down to someone they see as sick and issue load after load of bullshit fully believing they are helping them, and perhaps in someways they even are. But in the end, all that's left is a person who has come to rely on others to fix their own issues, and adopted new issues in swallowing the advice (that the original advisor obviously cannot fix since they themselves issued it), and the negative circle is complete.
People in mentally challenging places are taught that though they can feel so oppressed by their own habits of mind, the opposite cannot be made true of their own accord. It is cancer. And if people like me hadn't learned to face this fact and deal with it, we would only be part of the statistic; brainwashed and drug riddled zombies not genuinely helped as individuals, but merely memed out to render more convenient for general society's handling.
Don't assume a weakened person cannot learn how to be strong of and for themselves.
>>
>>17834002
Exactly right. You need urgent urgent help right now. As in get off your computor and make an urgent appointment to see a Doctor. And tell your friends or family..Please. Good luck OP.
>>
>>17834054
>People will pander down to someone they see as sick and issue load after load of bullshit fully believing they are helping them, and perhaps in someways they even are. But in the end, all that's left is a person who has come to rely on others to fix their own issues
this is just crap, I was in cognitive behavioral therapy to cure my depression and it took a huge amount of personal effort. My psychologist helped me to develop strategies to regulate and control my negative emotions but I had to do it on my own. I'm the one who put forth that effort, I didn't become "reliant on others to fix my issues".
>>
>>17834065
You didnt come up with the techniques for solution yourself. So when new problems arise, you will probably look out before looking in. You were able to implement the tips he gave you all along, you just didnt allow yourself the credit to be able to come up with them and commit to them on your own.
>>
>>17833774
There may be physical causes for some of this. Certain kinds of vision problems lead to hallucinations - google Charles Bonnet Syndrome - and their are auditory parallels.

So by all means see a doctor. Have the possilbe physical causes eliminated and then turn to a shrink.
>>
>>17834095
what?
>>
>>17833774
There's a person who posts on /pol/ called Tila Tequila, she was famous on MySpace.
If you get medical help now you won't end up like her
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.