[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

*TLDR* How can I stop exclusively reading books and do some adventurous

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 8-1.jpg (152KB, 1023x733px) Image search: [Google]
8-1.jpg
152KB, 1023x733px
*TLDR* How can I stop exclusively reading books and do some adventurous cool shit? Do things "cool" and "interesting" men do.

Guys, I'm 23 and overly intellectual.

In high school I read the economist and scientific american cover to cover from 15-18 years old, I got straights As and didn't do anything but read. I was 300lbs, didnt dress well and rarely bathed. Today I am 220lbs, bathe daily, and dress well but all I do is physics for Uni (graduating with a masters this month) and read books on random historical topics. I enjoy all of this but I feel like I'm so lopsided if that makes sense.

I used to be very very very social as an undergraduate. I went to every party and was always out meeting people. That lifestyle was good for undergrad but I don't want it back. I gave months worth of time to people who were wildly undeserving, but I learned a lot about myself and others in the process. I was popular with girls but didn't believe they were *actually* coming on to me (horrible self esteem) so I never got laid. I'm ok with that and am generally trying to avoid women now because I need to focus on finishing this degree and finding work.

So what is my issue now? I don't do anything cool or adventurous and I feel like I never have. I'm so intellectual that I'm in constant fear I'm going to wake up in 20, 30, 40 years and feel I really missed out on cool stuff. I overthink shit and everyone says I think too much.

I always listen to what my Dad says to do (50 years old) and I'm starting to think I live like a 50 year old partially because of it. I'm so frustrated and sad.
>>
pick up a fun, active hobby. that's what i did anyway. i picked up skateboarding. cheap, easy to get into, can do it almost anywhere, and is a decent alternative mode of transport to walking or public transport. and also it's fun as fuck.
>>
>>17833653
try "contra dancing" do internet search for dances in your area - ezpz like coed walking aerobics, dont need a partner, caller tells everybody what to do, not specifically a pickup scene very fun activity

plus find some hobbies or activies you can do

meetup.com ?

it's your life you did all that stuff earlier why stop now ?
>>
>>17833653
Get a cool friend
He'd make you go out and do shit that he does like skydiving and getting you laid and then you can teach him books to improve his grades so he can stay on the football team
>>
>>17833653

>make a list of things that itnerest you
>do them

please note that i did not say 'make a list of things that ''interesting'' men do'. thats not the same.
>>
>>17833653
What do you want to do that is adventurous. Some people dont like any of that stuff, so dont force yourself to do shit you hate.
>>
>>17833653
There is nothing "wrong" with you. You find your stimulation intellectually rather than physically. If only more people were like that.

If you want to do "cool" stuff, pick some cool thing and do it. See if it's fun. If it is, do it again. If not, try something else.

It really is that simple.
>>
>>17833653
Go do sailing and everything that goes with it. (diving, watersports..etc)

findacrew.net - if you have no connections with sailors. Say you dont mind cleaning and running around on deck in addition to your intellectual stuff and you will likley join a nice yacht trip worth thousands of dollars. True adventure.
>>
>>17833653
Get a motorcycle license, get a bike and just ride around. That's what I want to do anyway. Over here you need to be 22 to get your full license to be able to ride all cc's.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.