[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've done everything I can think of. I've taken up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 29b.jpg (117KB, 640x598px) Image search: [Google]
29b.jpg
117KB, 640x598px
I've done everything I can think of. I've taken up exercising more, I've gone to as many events as I can, I've tried online dating, I've made a ton of new friends. I tried online dating (terrible), I've messaged girls to ask them out when I have liked them. Haven't gotten more than a couple of first dates and I haven't got a girlfriend and I've been looking this seriously for just more than a year. I'm very confused and it's making my anxiety worse.

I'm 27, never had a girlfriend before, cute face, slightly chubby.

What can I do? I think I'm getting more depressed. Does anyone know this feeling?
>>
People can smell desperation ,you know? And it's a turn off.

You are so desperate for a gf that your whole identity revolves around it. You go to the gym but only for girls. You dress nice but only for girls. All of this is very nice but the real end goal was to give yourself confidence, which will in turn attract women. You don't do it only for the women.

So what the fuck are you without a girl? A girl wants to know that her man is a strong man who isn't clinging onto her.

Find out what you really like and establish your own identity.
>>
>>17833293
I have an identity. And I probably don't come off desperate to most girls because I don't act desperate.

Maybe my problem is more that I can't show I girl how much I want her because I'm always acting aloof.

But all I can think is... Acting more lovestruck maybe?

I would have thought I'd warrant a second date, even acting cool as I do.
>>
>>17833335
You don't act desperate but people can sense that you are desperate inside.

You are already doing a lot better than most people. You've actually gone on dates.

Ask people out in person and don't act more lovestruck. Act more interested, if you are interested. But don't stare at them or call them 'baby'. Just try and hang out with them more

also

>acting cool as i do

They can tell that you're insincere and faking it. Why would you want a gf who likes a fake version of you? Find someone who likes you, and not when you're 'acting cool'
>>
>>17833349
I'll definitely try being myself more.

I honestly cant see any benefit to asking people out in person though. It seems like the right moment never comes. Far easier (not that it's also not hard!) to get their contact details and ask them when I've got a plan.

I do try to hang out with girls more, that's usually what I'd call a date if we're alone. If I'm being honest I've mostly gone for coffee and haven't been on any explicitly romantic dates.
>>
>>17833433
Oh I thought you were literally asking them to be your gf over text, don't do that, but yeah askin people to hang out over text is fine.

Coffee is a good first 'date' it lets people relax more. If you want to try explicitly romantic and you know the girl would go for it, get tickets to an orchestra or some sort of show.

Definitely just be yourself more. There are like billions of people in the world and you've only interacted with a scant few of that number. don't get depressed if you haven't found a good girl yet. Go with the mindset of just meeting cool people.
>>
>>17833443
Yeah thanks. Even just talking it through helps. It's partly just the uncertainty about the whole thing if you've never successfully got anywhere.
>>
>>17833455
I feel you. But hey, remember that some people were interested enough in you to go on a first date and spend time with you rather than with some other joe. So you've got something there.It didn't work out but that's ok because now you're still free for the right girl to come around.

Being unhappy by yourself is much better than two unhappy people with each other
>>
>>17833278
What do you have to offer to women that they would want to spend their time with you? What makes you interesting or worth their time?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.