[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Today we found out that we have a spy watching us in our apartment.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

Today we found out that we have a spy watching us in our apartment.

We moved into an apartment 3 months ago. We live in a large city, where no one knows their neighbours. This being said, the woman who lives beside us would often call out to us and ask us questions about our apartment.

An example: We live on the ground floor, and people have thrown so much junk on our patio that ants had started to gather. So we put down some baby powder. This woman called out to us one day, acting light hearted, and said "haha what is that powder? Why is it there?" We explained, and thought nothing of it.

I am legally disabled (mentally, not registered however as I've not had a need to.) and have a small cat as an emotional support animal that we declared on our reference. Today we received a call that the landlord's DAUGHTER lives next door and she reported us! That's when I put it together that this woman is feeding back information about our apartment to her mother, our landlord, constantly. When she returns to the complex, she always stares into our rooms. I caught her doing this once, and she quickly pulled her gaze away.

No one at any time told us this woman was the landlord's daughter. Don't you think she would mention that when she had talked to us before? We're literally being spied on. Is this legal?
>>
>>17833246
Forgot to explain;

We declared the cat on our reference but *apparently* the landlord didn't personally see the reference, so it counts as a "contract breaking animal"
>>
>>17833246
Have you spoken to the landlord? Did you complain about the people, I'm assuming other tenants, tossing garbage onto the patio? If they knew about the cat, why does it matter?
>>
Gossiping isn't illegal.

>We're literally being spied on
No you're not. You're telling someone something, who's sharing that information with someone else, who's sharing that information with someone else. That's not spying.
>>
>>17833250
How does that not count? Did you also neglect to pay a pet fee?
>>
>>17833257
No pet fee was presented, all we got was "yes this is fine."

The landlord is certain this does not count, as the reference was not personally sent to her. I thought by REFERENCE she WOULD see it!

>>17833255
She reported our cat, which is only visable by peering inside the flat. She has literally been up peering through our windows before!

>>17833252
We have reported the garbage several times, they refuse to do anything about it, as most of the garbage comes from builders building more flats on the premises. The landlord did not know about the cat, only the referencing people, which were implied to us to be the same people
>>
>>17833263
>She reported our cat, which is only visable by peering inside the flat. She has literally been up peering through our windows before!
How do you know she didn't just hear or smell it?

Also in relation to the reference thing, if the people who saw your reference saw that you had a cat and let you lease the place anyway, that's who you should be going after if your landlord kicks you out
>>
>>17833263
Did you not send the reference to the landlord?

Peering into the flat is a violation of your privacy. Which country and city do you live in?

Why didn't you tell the owner directly that you have a cat?
>>
>>17833284
It was never brought up. The process was very fast (we didn't have alot of time to move) and we filled it out on the reference which was the beginning of the process, so saw no need to mention it again

>>17833281
>How do you know she didn't just hear or smell it?
...because its a cat?
Do you think its worth contacting the referencing people and explaining to them what they've done?
>>
>>17833298
>...because its a cat?
Are you implying that cats are silent and odorless? Because they're not, and it's especially noticeable if there aren't any other animals around.

>Do you think its worth contacting the referencing people and explaining to them what they've done?
Only if the landlord gives you shit about the cat. That said, if the lease says no pets and the landlord refuses to allow pets, then you're either going to have to get rid of the cat or move out. It's a landlord's right to determine the terms upon which their property is use.
>>
>>17833284
Also we're in the UK
>>
>>17833310
Are they still legally allowed to evict us even though the animal is technically an emotional support animal? I am autistic, my partner works all day, and the cat prevents me from harming myself and was recommended by a doctor (backed up with a letter) Also our cat is completely silent and does not smell in the slightest
>>
>>17833318
Yes they are allowed to evict you. You could claim discrimination or whatever if they do, but you'll have a hard time proving that it was your disability that meant they kicked you out, not the fact that you had a cat.
>>
>>17833318
If I were you I'd contact my local tenants rights agency or whatever it's called. You know what I'm talking about im sure
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.