[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anon, 18, NJ, I currently attend university and was working full

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

File: download (1).jpg (7KB, 293x172px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
7KB, 293x172px
Anon, 18, NJ, I currently attend university and was working full time (40hours) a week in a virtual reality arcade [pic related]. I was the only one working full-time besides the manager, $12/hr, my schedule was around my school schedule so it worked great. Have a lot of fun working with kids-parents everyone seemed to love me, was leading in sales(did not make commission because it was my first job and he decided to see how I do first). Worked for about a month then despite me doing everything was fired when I asked why V said he had "video of me stealing from the register". Never in my life have I stolen especially not from a place where I was making a killing, and it was an easy job just putting kids in a machine and picking a game for them, being nice and getting people to come into the store. V has not paid me for the 6 weeks I worked before the alleged stealing and he also refuses to show me the video of me stealing. Im 18 I do not want my parents to get involved at all what can I do, he doesn't even have to pay me the full amount of what he owes me, just something, it is the holiday season so I'm hoping he can give me enough to buy my family christmas gifts. He ignores my texts, my emails, phone calls, and he is never in the store just the manager , and he is no help at all.

TL:DR - Boss refuses to pay me for the time I worked, allegedly has a video of me stealing from register but refuses to show me video. (I did not steal anything), what can I do?
>>
Depending on where you live, a lawyer would make short work of this obvious wrongful termination. Your boss in banking on you being a kid and not doing shit, but even if you just have a lawyer send him a certified letter will make him pay up.
>>
>>17832172
Would I need to pay for this letter? I am seriously broke being that I pay for my schooling myself. Have literally no money to my name as of now
>>
Lawyer up.

>he doesn't even have to pay me the full amount of what he owes me, just something
Do not, under any circumstances, tell him this.
>>
>>17832159
Better lawyer up.

Your first mistake was not doing so immediately.

Look for someone who can do it pro bono or a simple no win no fee deal. Unless your family have money, in which case pay a lawyer to prosecute him for you. Obviously you should still get him to cover all legal expenses when you win.
>>
>>17832190
>>17832186

My family has money but I'd really rather keep them out of this, they were against me getting a job in the first place saying I'm too young and to focus on my schooling. Also how would I lawyer up? Do I just go on google and write "lawyer up", I wouldn't even know where to begin.
>>
>>17832206
Wrongful termination lawsuit to start out with, and withholding wages

Not to mention why the fuck did you work for free for 6 weeks
>>
>>17832206
I'm sure your family would rather not see you fucked over. And go and open up your local phone book. look for the lawyer section, and pick one. If they can't help you, they're under an obligation to direct you to someone who can.
>>
>>17832215
This guy was taking advantage of an eager kid. He probably is broke as a joke and cannot afford to pay you at all so he terminated you but if you have not worked there for more than a year you have absolutely ZERO rights and no lawyer will help. But wage withholding sure.
>>
>>17832215
This store just opened so he would often say "Ill pay you next week, or the week after" and Just kept going with this and I didn't want to complain to my first boss I just kind of believed him.
>>
>>17832222
What do you mean zero rights?
>>
>>17832159

Lawyer up! SUE SUE SUE! Personally i would take his ass to court and crap on all his out of court settlements. drag his face and ass through the mud and burn his bushiness to the ground.

He wants to play the big boy game? play it.
>>
>>17832230
I mean he can fire you any time, You have no rights to not be fired under 1 year of employment. That is the law in the US.
>>
>>17832222
Do you not understand anything about employment law?

>>17832225
Did you have an employment contract?
>>
>>17832159
Are you in the US?
>>
>>17832222
He can hardly accuse OP of stealing with no evidence, less than one year or not..
>>
>>17832238
I just saw the new jersey. Call the labor board.
>>
>>17832237
yes the law says 1 year
>>
Report his company to the authorities, because, even though it is in his right to fire you for "any reason", it is not in his right to refuse to pay you for your time. It is highly illegal to do so. He'll pay you once he realizes his business will get shut down if he doesn't.
>>
>>17832252
What's your source for this information?
>>
>>17832265
His ass
>>
>>17832237
Yes I had an employee contract. That had my hours and also how much I would be getting payed 12/hr for 40 hours a week.
>>17832253
Im scared to do so because say the video is not of me stealing but of me looking as if I am taking from the register and it is convincing enough.
>>17832252
>>17832265
The whole no rights under one year is confusing me, can someone please clear this up for me please. Preferably with a source of some sort.
>>
>>17832288
Idk how true it is but he's saying that if you've been working somewhere less than a year you can get fired for any reason.

Regardless the guy owes you the 6 weeks pay.
>>
>>17832288
>Yes I had an employee contract. That had my hours and also how much I would be getting payed 12/hr for 40 hours a week.
That's good. If you have a copy, take it along with you when you see a lawyer.

>Im scared to do so because say the video is not of me stealing but of me looking as if I am taking from the register and it is convincing enough.
You said you haven't seen the video, right? Sounds like he doesn't have proof, knows that he doesn't have proof, and is trying to scare you.

>The whole no rights under one year is confusing me, can someone please clear this up for me please. Preferably with a source of some sort.
Ignore it. If you're an employee, you have rights. This is just one source I picked off Google, there are a million more if you want to read further
>http://employment.findlaw.com/employment-discrimination/employees-rights-101.html
>>
>>17832288

Stop being scared, get the money that you were promised, it's bound by contract. It's much easier to prove you worked for them by simply showing a document or two, then it is for them to "prove" that you "stole" from them.
>>
Update: V just called me and said that this Sunday we can speak at the store. What should i do?
>>
>>17832331
Tell him your job back AFTER he pays you back in full. If he's unwilling to give you your job back, then you at least want the money he owes you. I'd suggest seeing a lawyer between now and then so you have some weight behind you to scare him with too.
>>
>>17832337
Is this a smart job to take back?
>>
>>17832341
You don't have to take this one back if you don't want to, but you mentioned how you want/need money, so I threw it in there. It IS something while you find another one.
>>
>>17832341

only if he pays you the money he owes.
>>
>>17832341
if you are going to be fired for shit you didnt do and then being withheld pay. fuck no its not a good job unless you cant find another job
>>
dont let him slide with this bullshit
You should get your parents involved and sue this motherfucker.
Unless you actually stole ofc...
>>
File: fbi tip.jpg (60KB, 974x269px) Image search: [Google]
fbi tip.jpg
60KB, 974x269px
This cunt is trying to scan your because you're a kid. Get a lawyer and threaten to sue his punk ass. You probably won't go to court since chances are that he'll just pay up, but consult your lawyer on what to do and do what your lawyer says. Your boss seems like your average scumbag trying to cuck you out of your money.

> I don't even need all of my money, just some

Never tell him this, say that you want to get your full fucking pay from this creep. Just don't commit any crimes in the process. Don't worry if your parents get involved a bit, it doesn't matter, since you need your fair share and the tape doesn't exist.
>>
If he's this broke and had footage of your stealing from the register, he would have sued you for stealing.

Call a lawyer, get the advice and do it. Your parents would rather have you sue a conman than get scammed out of 6 weeks pay.

Your parents want the best for you and they will be even angrier if you do nothing.
>>
ITT: coolass kid-the-OP inspiring you to make sure you get rich so your own kids will have problems centering around how good they are, as opposed to how incompetent they are.

You're 18 OP. Consult a lawyer and pay him to basically evaluate the case and assist you in sending ex-boss a letter. Minimal cost for you which you will cover with a piece of your wages, and worst case scenario you'll have to sue and your parents will likely find out.
Still, you're in a good position.
Boss is a jealous ho.
>>
>>17832222
Damn qauds
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.