[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Moved to California >Living with a friend until I find

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 2999-ocean-front-walk.jpg (111KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
2999-ocean-front-walk.jpg
111KB, 1600x1200px
>Moved to California
>Living with a friend until I find an apartment/car
>~7K in savings

Is it possible to get a vehicle and an apartment while living in such an expensive area with the "little" savings I have.
I am living in San Diego.. craigslist vehicles seem very overpriced and I am looking to get something reliable for under 5K and apartments.. well they're what I expected (1100-1400 for a studio/1br)..

Just need some advice if anyone has any.
>>
Just get an older toyota/nissan or a ford van

find a general job, find another one while working it if it is not what u wanna do.

look on cl for an apartment, apartment is most important. you need a place to sleep n shower. or you can be a hobo and live out of your vehicle but good luck holding on to jobs and relationships.
>>
>>17832020
>Just get an older toyota/nissan or a ford van
No, don't just buy a car because it's a specific type. Buy something that works and runs well.
>>17831851
Advice on apartment would be to definitely get a room mate and a job before all else. I don't know if you've moved out before but if you're looking to sign a lease you're going to have to show proof of ongoing income. You can also check out the room mates wanted section on craigslist, and I never go for this kind of thing but Airbnb is popular in San Diego.
>>
>>17832059
I don't have proof of income. All I have is my savings.

I pretty much have to be out on my own between now and no later than mid January..
>>
>>17832292
I know how it is man. You see all these beautiful homes and nice apts here in SoCal (I'm in the o'side area now since its cheapest city on the coast..) You wonder how ppl afford it and want that life and it stands out even more so when wandering the streets at night with No where to sleep. Be thankful u even have friends to fall back on dude, comin from a beach bum homeless dude who has no friends or family you're lucky. All I had was 400$ when I became homeless at 20. you're in a good position man, get a studio or find a roommate .. get a stupid job and live. if you can't afford the coast of SoCal move inland
>>
>>17831851
it will be difficult when I went to cali i burned through money so fast. but it is always worth a shot
>>
>>17831851
you cucked yourself by moving to California.
I have lived here all my life and cannot afford my own place with an average job. I also make too much to qualify for healthcare, even though I can't get my own place. This place is a trap, get out!
>>
>>17832392
I have relationships here, friends - gf..

I want it to work out, where do I escape to? tuscon? phoenix? inland empire?? It's just so fucking perfect here (environment, food, weather). It's what I always wanted.. been here almost 2 years and I just want things to work out (spent 1.5 years traveling been settled for 5 months~)
>>
>>17832510
Best option is to go into a trade and make money that way. California is expensive for all the reasons you listed, and its expensive all over the state.
A lot of people feel this way about california when they visit, so they go to school to get a good paying job and come back to live here. This is what my grandfather did, it was a challenge even decades ago.
Good luck, and prepare to work your ass off.
>>
>>17832392
the only way to buy property now is to get married, and that's a bitch to pull off
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.