[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I overreacting by feeling bad when.... ...My boyfriends says

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: 1477759828402.png (67KB, 931x964px) Image search: [Google]
1477759828402.png
67KB, 931x964px
Am I overreacting by feeling bad when....
...My boyfriends says he thinks the most beautiful woman in the world is Emma Watson? as in "if anyone sets the bar for a 10/10 its Emma watson" Its obvious my looks can't even compare to someone that looks like her but still, hearing it from someone so close to you still hurts.
Maybe I am still naive in believing in hopeless romance,
I am 19 and this is my first boyfriend, we've been together for a year, so many things are still new to me
>>
Your boyfriend sounds like an autist. You sure picked a keeper.
>>
Who do you think is a 10/10 for you?
>>
>>17831596
if he said it once or maybe twice it's probably not big deal
if he keeps saying that he's probably autistic
>>
>>17831603
>>17831643
I don't understand these replies. OP is obviously a psycho. Of course he thinks a fucking A-List celebrity is hotter than you, jesus fucking christ. Just like I'm sure you think Gosling or Gyllenhaal or Channing Tatum are hotter than him.

Get over yourself you absolute nutcase. Who cares? If he said he thought Steven Hawking set the bar for 10/10 intelligence would you flip the fuck out and post on an anime board about it?
>>
>>17831596
Emma Watson is a cunt though. Your bf is indeed dumb
>>
kek ops bf is going to stop liking emma watson then op is going think he's against feminism and dump him
>>
>>17831596

are you going to be offended when he says that gordon ramsay sets the bar for greatest shef in the world?

is your boyfriend literally a 10/10 OP? are you with him because he is LITERALLY the most attractive man in the world?
>>
That he finds her the most beautiful woman in the world doesn't mean he isn't the most attracted to you. Think about what you find attractive about your boyfriend - it's not just his looks but the way he looks at you specifically, the way he holds you and how he smells, the way he moves, the things you experienced together. Physical beauty is nice but kind of hollow. No doubt there are countless guys that you technically find hotter than your boyfriend, but that doesn't mean you want to be with him instead.

Having said that, it is kind of obnoxious to go out of your way to tell your partner who you find the most beautiful person unless you've already established in the relationship that you're both okay with that.
>>
>>17831650
I don't know who any of those people are, only Gosling sounds familiar, I don't follow any celebrities so it appalls me how someone can be so enamored by someone they've never and never will meet and solely based on their looks at that
>>17831675
in regards to stephen hawking/gordon ramsey comparison
No, but looks and intelligence are different things, its easier to get jealous about shallow things like this because thats how we're brought up
Also, since this is an advice board, my advice to you is to calm the fuck down
>>17831666
>>17831603

heh
>>
>>17831677
Thanks
I did think it was insensitive, it kind of came from nowhere
well, this is my first relationship like I said, its been its ups and downs, I know i have a lot to work on to

thanks for the reply
>>
>>17831680

>since this is an advice board and im too much of a cunt to agree with your advice, im going to tell you what to do

we didn't ask for advice. you did. grow up.

>i dont follow celebrities
>THEREFORE ITS IRRELEVANT

you really will find any reason to feel wronged wont you.

>looks and intelligence are different things

sure, but the point remains the same, he is not your perfect 10/10 male is he? no, you chose him because there was something intrinsically special about him. same reason he settled for you theoretically, though i can't blame him for thinking of other women when you sound so dumb.

>yeah but its easy to feel jealous about shallow things not other things

then its on YOU. you admit you're jealous over something shallow. your boyfriend did no wrong. i dont think he shoudl sit around talking about the hottest chicks in the world all day, but if it was brought up cohesively in conversation it would be inauthentic not to comment on it.

dont be that girl who doesn't let a guy be a guy.
>>
At least you're both autistic
>>
>>17831684
I really hope he breaks up with you. I get the strong vibe your an insufferable person (genuinely). I think you should re-evaluate your life priorities and decide if you should get upset by the fact that an abstract person he doesn't know is more attractive than you by an objectively state-able standpoint.

Maybe take a year and just work on being.. better? Before you date again.
>>
>>17831687
yup
>>
>>17831684
No problem. Just tell him that it's fine that she's his favorite but he can talk about this stuff with someone other than his girlfriend.

>>17831690
Give her a break, she's a literal teenager being insecure about her boyfriend she's still in honeymoon phase with calling someone else the most beautiful. I don't know whether you were exempt of thinking dumb insecure stuff as a teenager but I sure wasn't and the people I knew at that age weren't either. What in the world is the point in telling her that she seems like a terrible person because of that irrational worry?
>>
File: 1470077427289.jpg (178KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1470077427289.jpg
178KB, 1280x720px
>>17831686
>>17831690
>>
>>17831695
>Give her a break, she's a literal teenager being insecure about her boyfriend she's still in honeymoon phase with calling someone else the most beautiful. I don't know whether you were exempt of thinking dumb insecure stuff as a teenager but I sure wasn't and the people I knew at that age weren't either. What in the world is the point in telling her that she seems like a terrible person because of that irrational worry?

I'm 19 too. I don't behave like this. She's an adult and can act like one.

Also

>honeymoon phase

One year? I don't think so.
>>
>>17831650
>She wrote a few sentences about how she's currently feeling towards her boyfriend on 4chan.
>Absolute nutcase.
Wew.
>>
>>17831705
thank god you're here good sir to defend m'lady from reality
>>
>>17831690
Someone that talks like you to someone off of a 10 line post sounds insufferable
>>
>>17831705

I agree theres a harsh tone to the thread, shes not a nutcase.

but to answer OP, YES, you are definitely over reacting.
>>
>>17831680
>I don't follow any celebrities so it appalls me how someone can be so enamored by someone they've never and never will meet and solely based on their looks at that
*tips fedora*
and you seem pretty insufferable to me too. though grantedly telling your gf about how you find another woman extremely attractive is inconsiderate/stupid
>>
>>17831706
(You)
>>
>>17831719
(you) too
>>
>>17831704
>She's an adult
Sure. Technically.

>I don't behave like this.
That's great but hardly an argument. Yeah it would be better if she had the experience and maturity to realize this isn't a big deal and her boyfriend has a celebrity crush like virtually everyone else. But she's fretting and that's hardly something exceptional either. Just because you don't behave like this (if you were even in the same position) doesn't mean she's a rare exception. Even if you can't think of dumb stuff you believe/do/want now in the moment, you will in a couple of years (and all the better or you wouldn't be developing still).

And regardless, it's one thing to tell her she doesn't have her priorities straight and another to go out of your way to convince her that she sounds like her personality is rotten. That's hardly giving constructive advice, it's just being a bully because she wasn't reasonable enough to you.

>One year? I don't think so.
It's somewhere in between half a year and three years, depending on the couple.
http://classroom.synonym.com/long-honeymoon-phase-last-new-relationship-17255.html

>Dr. Joy Davidson reports in her article "So Your Relationship's Honeymoon Phase is Over? Here's the Surprising Good News," that this phase will last an average of two years, six months and twenty-five days.
>>
>>17831714
>make a thread about my own insecurity
>other people start using to project their own insecurities
btfo and start your own thread
>>
File: IMG_2412.jpg (126KB, 1080x966px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2412.jpg
126KB, 1080x966px
>>17831675
>shef
>>
>>17831725
Wow that's.. that's a little depressing buddy. You can be with someone that long and it's just a honeymoon phase? Holy shit.
>>
>>17831728
have you seen shef?
>>
>>17831726
in his defence there is no reason for this thread to exist for any rational person
>>
>>17831740
What's depressing about that? The honeymoon phase is just the phase where you're still all jittery and infatuated. Not necessarily bad at all.
>>
>>17831761
because it's hard to know if your relationship will last in the honeymoon phase, so it's scary to think you could fall into a trap of wasting three years like that
>>
>>17831764
Not ending up forever =/= wasting your time. You can grow tremendously as a person by learning to invest in a relationship. Not to mention realizing what you look for (or want to avoid) in a future partner. Yeah it's sad but not useless.
>>
>>17831650
>A LIST CELEBRITY

emma watson is some british flat board shitter
she's not even close to a 7

if you think she's hot you might want to start browsing instagram
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.