[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need some diet help. I take this ADD medication, and whenever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1459656424802.gif (877KB, 245x223px) Image search: [Google]
1459656424802.gif
877KB, 245x223px
I need some diet help.
I take this ADD medication, and whenever I take it I never want to eat anything. As in, it makes me want to throw up if I try to eat anything.
One side effect of this is that I starve myself and then binge eat. I'm trying to bulk up. Does anyone have any advice on how to get over this? It really fucking sucks, cuz I wanted to bulk up a little bit
>>
>>17831039
Are you using a medicine that contains amphetamine? Should that be the case, quit poisoning yourself and live with ADD.
>>
>>17831039
Talk to your doctor. It's their job to find something for you that doesn't have side effects like this and they will know way more options than any of us could provide.
>>
>>17831042
No idea. I take Vyvanse if that helps

>>17831060
I've literally tried half a dozen different medications since I was 12 and ever single one has had this side effect. I'm pretty sure all of them do that.

'Stop taking the medication' isn't really helpful advice desu
>>
>>17831042
>and live with ADD.
... by which you mean fail out of uni and die in a gutter. Totally.
>>17831039
Take a lower dose or try switching medications. Talk to your doctor. Say the appetite problems might be an issue, and maybe if something else works as well for the ADD it might be worth trying to switch. Also-- with Dexedrine/Vyvanse usually the appetite issues go away or become minor over time, though with Adderall they usually are more severe. No harm in trying Concerta/Ritalin instead -- for me they aren't quite as good, but if your appetite issues are severe they might be a better choice. There are also things like Focalin, Strattera, even bupropion seems to make a minor improvement for me off-label though I didn't ultimately go that route.

Tl;dr try different drugs or lower doses, or just wait 2 weeks and drink milkshakes in the meantime and see if it gets better. But I suspect your dose is likely too high. If you try a lower one, give it 2 weeks before deciding if it helps enough, since you're probably used to the higher one and will take a little while to adjust.
>>
>>17831106
Oh, yeah Vyvanse is just a prodrug for dextroamphetamine. It has a clever time-release mechanism. I think it was intended to just make more money for the pharma companies, but it seems to work better than ordinary Dexedrine for me. Oddly. Maybe absorption-related or something. If you're at 70mg try going down to 50mg or something. I only take 30-40. Most of the side effects show up more at 50+mg doses without much further improvement in symptoms, on average.
>>
>>17831042
Amphetamine in low doses is not toxic, though it can cause temporary withdrawal symptoms if stopped abruptly, much like caffeine -- no headaches, but very sleepy and distractible for a week or two.
Methamphetamine is toxic.
MDMA is toxic.
These are different drugs.

It's almost like you never bothered reading 50 different studies on pubmed about these things.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.