[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to become more quiet naturally? I never shut

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1475.jpg (161KB, 625x732px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1475.jpg
161KB, 625x732px
Is it possible to become more quiet naturally?

I never shut the fuck up - especially when I'm drunk - and no matter how well I know just how fucking annoying and uninteresting I'm being, I can't stop myself.

It's not a confidence thing, I'm the most insecure motherfucker I know - and I have no idea how to make it stop.
>>
Wow your like the opposite of me. I just hate conversing with people unless it's critical.
>>
But anyways, I'd probably suggest droning out or something. Treat life like a movie and your in it. People aren't talking nonstop in movies. I don't know I'm giving bad advice right now.
>>
>>17830990
see, ur doing it again
u just cant stop can u
maybe i should give u a lethal dose of morphine instead
>>
>>17831015
Then what can I do?

I don't even know anything about any other subject anybody else cares about and I'm passionately uninterested in finding out.
>>
No idea, dude.

My best friend of 20+ years and my mom both never shut up.

I've gotten used to it. It used to bother me, but doesn't anymore. I just know now that some people need more time to talk and process things verbally, so I schedule it in, for them.

Some people are just chatterboxes. One thing you can do, is if you have a more quiet/introverted partner or friend, allow that person to "zone out" every once in awhile when being your sounding board, if the the topic isn't important. Recognize that it may be too much for them to give you their full attention all the time.
>>
Don't be self-centered.

Pause every once in awhile to ask other people questions - and then listen.

If you are practicing listening, you aren't talking.
>>
>>17831032
Then how do I shut up?

Nobody else ever talks about anything interesting.
>>
>>17831047

Like I said, ask questions, and then wait to hear their answers.
>>
>>17831052
But I don't CARE about gossip about people I don't know.
>>
>>17831061

Then find new friends and social contacts, asshat.

Why would you spend time with people you don't respect or like? And why would you care about wasting their time by talking too much?

Go find human beings who actually share interests with you.

Anybody can do that. Go to a meetup group, join a hobbyists club. Then practice your social skills in a more stimulating environment.
>>
>>17830990
Read !

Pick something that is mind fuck, it will make lots of questions and wondering in your mind, hopefully that will stop you from talking,
especially when you finish a novel and feel like you wanna sometime like just thinking, no talk.
i suggest:
- alchemist paulo coelho
- one hundred years of solitude.

If reading is harfd.. try movies
Like: Inception
It is a mind fuck movie.
Start with Leonardo DiCaprio's movies
>>
>>17831063
I've tried reading the latter, didn't quite fit in my head as I'm bad with names and the plot wasn't particularly riveting.

The only Coelho I've read was the witch of portobello and it was so bad it's put me off on even trying anything else from him.

>>17831069
Because I do a three-shift work in a town with no university. Where do I find people interested in mundane history and those sketchy spots where philosophy and psychology meet?
>>
>>17830990
>new gf
>sitting in my room, after watching star wars
>she mentions thinking she talks too much
>she does talk a lot, but it's not too much at all
>i kinda like it
>she says she'll try and keep quiet for a minute
>after about 10 seconds
>i look at her and ask
>"do you want some help"
>"?? wh-"
>i lean in and kiss her
>she fuckin' loves it

i am one smooth operator ;^)
>>
>>17831099

You sound like an insufferable ass.

Try starting a meetup thread on /lit/
>>
>>17831167
There's fuck-all nobody from /lit/ within a day's travel by car.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.