[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does any find AA useful? I went to a couple meetings and found

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: alcoholics-ano-640x300[1].png (325KB, 640x300px) Image search: [Google]
alcoholics-ano-640x300[1].png
325KB, 640x300px
Does any find AA useful?

I went to a couple meetings and found it pointless. It was a couple old guys rambling on sharing their stories, it was a waste of time for me. I found all the other stuff weird too.

Is it just me, am I not working it correctly, or does it really suck?
>>
>>17830039
It doesn't work for everyone. However the fact you went suggests you have an issue that needs addressing so make sure you seek assistance through some other means.
>>
It's not for everyone. It somewhat depends on your personality and what kind of person you are. So yeah it doesn't work for everyone. People mistake the submitting to a higher power as being a religious thing, but it doesn't have to be. That's what turns a lot of people off. Some people just don't like sharing their problems or hearing other people's problems. Some people don't like the idea of a sponsor but for some people it's one of the things that helps them the most. But again you have to be the type of person who opens up to someone and vice versa.

I have friends that swear by it and have been sober for years thanks to AA. I couldn't stand it either. I've heard that you sometimes have to find the right meetings too. Some of those friends have a specific meeting they'll go to and if they're out of town and have to go to one it isn't the same. So there's that, if you want to keep trying. There's also other programs.

I've been sober 6 months without AA though, but I tend to do a lot of things alone. I also did some things I regret that opened my eyes.
>>
i went to multiple meetings (10+ idk enough to get chips and a sponser, books, all that) and let me tell you... it sucks. Plain and simple. Info in the book made sense tho.
>>
It really sucks. I had to attend those when I was a kid. Court ordered after a fight. I didn't even drink back then. The court ordered anger management helped me though.
Anyway, they almost brainwashed me into believing I had a drinking problem! lol Everyone there had some extreme hideous story. Smoking crack and living in a dumpster and eating used tampons for meals. I had constant out bursts of laughter though. I was 16 at the time. I know I offended people in there but I couldn't help it.
AA is mostly court ordered people now days. If your a functioning person who needs help there are better options. There's no fucking way I'd set foot in that circus for any help.
>>
>>17830103
Yeah, that's what turned me off. If was just court-ordered people bragging about the felonies they've evaded. But what really turns me off is how everyone treats it like it's the one and only method. They sometimes go to like 2-3 meetings a day and have simply replaced drinking with meetings. They can't shut up about it. I know some people who have completely given all agency to their sponsor.
>>
I was in and out of it for a year or so, and had the same complaints. Now 3.5 months clean on will-power alone. Just remind yourself of the times you were sick or did dumb shit while drunk, and hopefully that prevents you from craving the drink
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.