[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Benefits of joining the Marines? I live an extremely boring

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

File: marinedresslineup[1].jpg (33KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
marinedresslineup[1].jpg
33KB, 600x400px
Benefits of joining the Marines?

I live an extremely boring life.
I'm not afraid to kill if I have to.

I just want to know how it would help me in the long run.
>>
Sure hope you like taking orders.
Sure hope you enjoy irreversible mental conditioning to a neverending RPG.
Sure hope you like using your brain on strong but narrow autopilot for the rest of your life.
Sure hope you're ready to die for no real reason other than rich men's money.
>>
man people getting shot. bad ju ju.
>>
>>17829534
>Benefits of joining the Marines?
You get GI benefits from any branch of service. You don't have to join the Marines.
>>
File: TheBest.jpg (34KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
TheBest.jpg
34KB, 600x300px
You get the benefit of being called a babykilling piece of shit merc by kind fellows like myself.

You also get to be a soldier for the elite and be a target of violence.

:)
>>
>I live an extremely boring life.

You know...Marine Life isn't exactly exciting. Most of the time you will be bored out of your mind in the Marines too. The exciting parts with probably be parts you don't really want to experience either. I guess getting your head shot at is technically exciting...but nobody who's done it ever recommends it to anybody.

>I'm not afraid to kill if I have to.
Oh boy, tough guy here. It's the kind of guys who say shit like this in boot who turn out to be the biggest pussies. Dude, trust me, you have no idea what you're talking about, don't ever make that statement again to anybody.

>I just want to know how it would help me in the long run.

I don't know....I don't regret my time in, but if I knew what I knew now, I'd never have gone in. It looks good on a resume i guess, not good in a, "Wow, you were in the corps? Well you're hired!" way, but more like a "Wow, you were in the corps, well let me shake your hand while we hire somebody else!" sort of way.

If you go in the infantry, no, it's not going to help you. Maybe if you go into something skilled it can, but you sound like sort of a dipshit, so I dunno if you could get into any of those.

I'd recommend getting a job at a factory. srsly.
>>
-Job opportunities
-Fitness training
-Bragging rights
-Looks spiffy on a job application
-Women dig that shit
-Able to apply for charities to get free stuff

-Face
>>
I don't know what it's like in America but there should be good opportunities to learn trades in there and get experienced. Everybody thinks the military is some PTSD simulator when in reality there are plenty of non combat roles and even if you do get something combat related, there's no garuntee you'll even see combat.
>>
File: :).png (113KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
:).png
113KB, 1280x1024px
>>17829671
I'd like to remind the OP that literally 2-5% of the population will want him dead, at the very least.
Maybe more.
>>
File: CTh7-_hXIAADwzQ.jpg (82KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
CTh7-_hXIAADwzQ.jpg
82KB, 600x600px
>>17829807
Cool story bro.
>>
Sounds like OP has already partially made up his mind, and shitting all over him isn't going to be anything he hasn't heard before. I'd say to research other military branches, unless you're hard set on the marines, then good on you. There are countless benefits. Women do really dig it (girl here.) You will have a stable and comfortable life if you decide to retire from the marines by the time you're 40, you will be in top physical condition compared to almost anyone around you, so if you don't die you will live a long and healthy life. You will also have plenty of job opportunity outside the marines, and free education, as well as health and financial benefits that extend to your spouse and children. It is very noble that you would choose to do such a thing, and many, many people will agree with me on that.
>>
>>17829855
Not shitti- well I am shitting on him.
But I just want him to know that not everyone thinks he's a hero and he WILL get shit for it the rest of his life.
If he doesn't mind working as a merc, go for it, but don't expect to be treated like a hero anymore. You are no longer fighting wars to defend this country, or humanity in general.
>>
>>17829864
You sound like an idiot. But hey, OP and myself get to fight for your right to be the biggest dumbass you want to be. And that's okay, see you can say those in the Armed Forces are baby killers etc. and I can say people like you a complete shit birds.

Getting shit for the rest of your life from a tiny portion of the population, most of which are so spineless they'd never say anything to your face, or being respected by the vast majority? Hmm... There's plenty of people that will stand up for OP and frankly put a boot in your ass for being a moron. The military is necessary. You may not agree with what they do but war ain't pretty or fair. Bad shit happens but at least you're safe and cozy behind your computer. Do I think we need to play Global Police? No, but we need a military to defend our country. People take what they can, and if there wasn't anything protecting everything this land has to offer you better believe someone would try and take it. That's just the way things work and you can't argue that.
>>
File: TfwWhenP.jpg (54KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
TfwWhenP.jpg
54KB, 720x480px
>>17829990
"I should join and support the military because we need one, even though this one IS the global police, and is murdering thousands of innocent women and children every single year!"
Wow fuck you you sick son of a bitch.
Please stop fighting for my "right to be the biggest dumbass you (I) want to be." Please. Free us from the control of the elites and corrupt capitalists your war-industry supporting self lets abuse us.

May a bullet fired from the very child you likely will try to murder penetrate your skull, soldier.
>>
>>17829534
Financially speaking you can do alright from it. The pay may not be huge but it's not bad for a young person with no skills, also the cost of living is low. The benefits after discharge can help you to get additional education if you want that.

In terms of skills you'll learn that really depends on which job you do. If you're in a combat role there isn't much carry over to the civilian world aside from law enforcement or security. A technical or trade role could equip you with useful skills to apply afterwards, however you would have a wider range of opportunities in other services. Regardless of your role you will pick up some good soft skills such as time-management, patience, sense of urgency etc., however you will need to make an effort to retain those skills because they can easily fade after many years in the civilian world.

It's a good choice if you have no sense of purpose and need something to commit to. However if you have specific goals in the civilian world then there are most better ways to reach them.

There are some good comments in this thread, the only one I disagree with is
>>17829855
>if you decide to retire from the marines by the time you're 40, you will be in top physical condition
That really depends on your role, infantry soldiering is very hard on the body and nearly every 40 year old infantryman will have ongoing issues with at least one of the main load-bearing joints.
>>
>>17829555
This

You only join the muhreens for the memes. Join any other branch if you don't want to live as a third worlder in the U.S.
>>
>>17829596
>>17829807
>>17829864
>>17830083
You obviously at some point wanted to join the military but was rejected for being a fuck up. That is why you have such a hard on for hating the military.

The US universally treats veterans with enormous respect and admiration. You are envious of this is so fucking obvious
>>
>>17830469
You obviously don't know how all radical left such as myself couldn't hope for anything better to happen to the military state of the world than to have all US soldiers systematically shot in the head or laid off.
Savages, each and every one of them.
>>
>>17829832
>bombing kids in country thousands of kilometers away from yours will give you rights
Why thank you, if Lybia or Syria didn't get bombed, I couldn't shitpost freely.

>>17829990
>The military is necessary.
Yeah, Chile would be finished if not theirs. Oh right.

>at least you're safe and cozy behind your computer
Not if some idiot flies a plane into it in retaliation for other idiots bombing his people.

>No, but we need a military to defend our country.
Even if you still believe in this meme, when did "drone people in a country you haven't declared war on, nor it on you" turn into "defending our country" ?
>>
>>17830469
>The US universally treats veterans with enormous respect and admiration.
Once they are dead.

http://www.endhomelessness.org/library/entry/fact-sheet-veteran-homelessness
>>
>>17830478
As much US military is a cancer for US of A and the entire world, most of the people serving got brainwashed that they are doing a good thing, so it's not like they are horrible people who deserve to die.
>>
>>17829534
My advice: Go to /k/. The faggots here know fuck all about military life.
>>
>>17830494
Most also will never return to a sane state of mind and will always fight for big military and bigotry.
Better to just start a new.
>>
i'm 29, been thinking about joining the army lately. i make no money at a retail job and i have no discipline. i feel like the army could help me get my life on track over the next few years instead of slowly devolving into something more and more pathetic.
>>
>>17830577
youre too old,pathetic and useless, youd fit right in
>>
>>17830586
haha good
>>
>>17830577
Could do. At your age, do not go infantry. Your body will struggle under the strain and you'll feel out of place among your 19 year old squadmates.
>>
>>17830643
i'm thinking IT if i score high enough on the thing
>>
What is ones options for the military for someone who dosnt want to be deployed or see combat?
>>
>>17830680
Join the Navy or the Airforce. You will still see deployments but much differently than going to some shitty desert for a year. I'm currently in the Navy and never have or will see a ship because of my job but I've had the opportunity to go around the country to some pretty sick air shows and party the whole week.
>>
>>17830692
>in the Navy and never have or will see a ship
thats a fucking disgrace mate
dont you guys do training in subs or some shit?
what do you do?
>>
>>17830653
Navy here again.
Maybe I'm biased because of my own branch but you'd have much better opportunities here. When I went to boot the average age was around 21 and you find a lot more career minded people here. Also if you are good at taking tests you can advance very quickly.
>>
>>17830702
I work in the aviation field on aircraft to large to even be on carrriers. When we are on sea duty we will go in a DET to either Bahrain or South Korea where they put you in a 4 star hotel.
The per diem is nice, in Bahrain it's around $127 right now and you will be there for up to a year+.
>>
>>17830469
The dude hating on vets is autistic and butt blasted, HOWEVER...

>The US universally treats veterans with enormous respect and admiration
Eh... white trash maybe, most you'll get from anyone else is lip service.
>>
>>17830732
Perhaps, still military (both serving and vets) are revered more in the US than pretty much any other country.
>>
>>17830746
That's not saying much though. Military isn't as admired as it used to be because we haven't really faced a credible threat in decades.

Military is basically a welfare program for people who don't know what the hell the want to do with their lives.

I'm not judging, I've been there, but the past decade has left a bad taste in everyone's mouth.

Lots of blood, lots of pain, lots of loss, for nothing. Absolutely nothing.
>>
>>17830766
>Military is basically a welfare program for people who don't know what the hell the want to do with their lives.
seriously, I used to work at a high school and the kind of people planning to join the military where the people you wouldnt want in the service

also got some gigs at an army base and a lot of the soldiers were literal morons, fucking hell. The number of manchildren and idiocy was incredible
Hell, sometimes I see the kids back in town visiting their families and although theyve improved physically, theyre still the same

Obviously not all service men are the same, but it's still discouraging to see
>>
File: uss shiloh.jpg (57KB, 987x555px) Image search: [Google]
uss shiloh.jpg
57KB, 987x555px
Alright, Navy veteran here. Joining the military is a great opportunity, but don't join the marines. America hasn't fought a war worth dying for since 1945 and I really doubt that's going to change any time soon.

Let me break the branches down for you

1. army - join this if you like the idea of being a soldier or you like operating huge vehicles. Since there's no war on at the moment if you choose a combat oriented job you'll be doing a whole lot of bullshit busywork most of the time. There's a reason infantry are called rockwashers.

2. Navy - join if you like ships, the sea, or travel. There are lots of jobs that are direct experience for work when you get out.

3. air force - similar to the navy but with planes instead of ships and no travel. Hope you like North Dakota. Be aware that any job that will make you part of an aircrew will be extremely competitive to get.

4. coast guard - join this branch if you actually want to protect america and help americans, seriously. If I could do it all again I would have joined this branch. They do have the longest waitlist to get in though unfortunately.

5. marines - similar to the army, but the marines take pride in doing things the hard way over the smart way. If the prestige of being a marine is important enough to you for all that pointless hardship then go for it, but I would urge you not to.

btw OP, was this post from you?>>17829832 Because if so I think you have entirely the wrong idea about the military.
>>
>>17830814
How does the Coast Guard help Americans? Just curious; I'm intrigued
>>
>>17830814
Armyfag (11b) here, this is literally the best advice I've ever seen on 4chan re: enlistment.

OP, take my word for it when I say all the macho-dick bullshit loses it's charm about a month after boot.

>>17829534
>I live an extremely boring life.
We should all be so lucky.
>I'm not afraid to kill if I have to.
You say that like someone who's never been put in that situation. What about dying? Are you afraid to die? Not some heroic death, going down fighting, mind you, but the "wrong place, wrong time" kind of death. Are you afraid to watch your friends die?

Listen, and don't take this the wrong way, but you don't know shit.

So, do yourself a favor and don't learn the hard way, don't sign up to go to the worst place on earth, surrounded by the most on edge, immature type of people you can imagine.

Navyanon had it right, join the Coast Guard. You won't be away from home months at a time, and you can do work that matters. Do that shit for 20 years and retire young.
>>
>>17830891
Search and rescue, secures maritime borders
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.