[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you develop self-esteem when you're not good at anything,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1468.jpg (80KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1468.jpg
80KB, 540x540px
How do you develop self-esteem when you're not good at anything, not an easy learner, not interested in anything, not particularly loved by friends and family and completely subpar for a potential romantic partner?
>>
>>17828404
Get good at something

Everyone can be good at something
Everyone
>>
>>17828412
What's the easiest thing for someone stupid to get good at?
>>
>>17828412
I have a bad handwriting and at school I was as atrocious at knitting as I was in math.
>>
>>17828459
Manual labor

But you're self esteem is too low to believe you can do it, you're not even really worth the time to type this. You won't change until you're forced to
>>
>>17828507
I'm a voice-recorer product gatherer at this redistribution plant, and no matter how fast I gather, I'm almost always the slowest on the shift. I don't understand how, and I can't understand how to get any better.
>>
>>17828404

by trading 'ego' for self esteem.

there is no magic button that will give you self esteem when you reject anything that builds it.

you claim to not be interested in anything but what you are really saying is 'im too good for anything'.

destroy your ego. open your mind. try new shit. not pretend to try new shit and show up and act like an ass. actually try. let yourself get excited about something even if you think its stupid.

then develop yourself. it takes a million little victories.
>>
>>17828459

>whats the easiest thing for someone stupid to get good at

something they find interesting.
>>
>>17828549
How do you get good at pointless historical facts?
>>
>>17828621
Why does history appeal to you
>>
>>17828621

by studying them.
>>
>>17828627
Because I think it's funny that human beings have always been basically the same. The level of civilization, barbarism, knowledge of the world or attitudes towards everything may have varied, but people at all times have liked food, sex, good weather and dick jokes. If you had been born in ancient china, you'd be just the same as the peasants next door, not because you'd be different from how you are now, but because they weren't that different.
>>
>>17828621
dude thats a great interest.
I bet you can always tell an interesting story. Mught not be great for smalltalk but it should be amazing for other coversation
>>
>>17828723
Maybe not great*
how did I type that
>>
>>17828547
>too good for anything
more like I'm too shit to even attempt anything. What's the point in trying if I'm just going to fail?
>>
>>17828897

because you find it interesting and many of the things you find interesting won't change if you 'fail' and many don't even have a 'fail' option
>>
>>17828897
>my ego shouldn't be subjected to failure

really, how do you think people get better at anything?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.