[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how the fuck do you get yourself to stop thinking/worrying about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: squidward[1].jpg (33KB, 600x433px) Image search: [Google]
squidward[1].jpg
33KB, 600x433px
how the fuck do you get yourself to stop thinking/worrying about something that you know shouldn't matter? what kinds of things do you tell yourself to get to a place where you can emotionally deal with something that you're upset that you can't change, but logically you know shouldn't impede your ability to carry on with your life?
>>
>>17828182
>what kinds of things do you tell yourself
Fucking nothing.

Once you're absolutely sure that the situation can't change and realize what went wrong, you stop thinking about it, shit simply doesn't exist anymore ... easiest way to do it, would be to think about important things in the future/present.
>>
>>17828182
Realize existence is in the breath
>>
Let go.
The more you cling to a problem to "figure it out" the tighter your grip and anxiety on that problem will be.
>>
Your thoughts exists as neural structures within that marvelous mind of yours. Negative thoughts can become self-reinforcing, meaning that those neural connections which generate the thought keep firing and branching out like a cancer. The only way to get rid of this is through will power. You gotta atrophy that negative thought blob by forcing yourself to do other things, think other things, until you can rewire your brain. It is not a process which happens instantaneously, and you will have to fight with the current thought-monster within your head until you deprive it of the vital attention-mana it needs to survive. A definite option for recovery, but not an easy one. Godspeed anon.
>>
OP here. thank you all so much for your responses. Your comments are all very reassuring and wise in their own ways.

I do not take your help for granted. seriously, thank you. Reading your comments has actually helped tremendously.
>>
A question, im not op.

why is it that i know logically i would never work out with my ex, and there is literally no chance at all i could get back with her even if she wanted to, why does a part of me not accept this? why cant those feelings just be let go, i hate the fact that i still even think about this woman and shes causing it aswell because i see her in school.

this manipulative bitch started going the routes i go to my classes so she can see me and passes my classes looking at me, i've been on no contact for day 5 now, in reality its around 12 days now but official no contact is 5 days.

i just want to completely move on and excise her from my life and forget about her, why is there a part that wont let it up? it has gotten a lot better to be honest, early on i was at the point where i would gladly take her back but my emotions have faded a bit, does it get better? does it ever all go away? she has not tried to contact me yet but i know she will soon, to completely move on i should ignore her right?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.