[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Go get /fit/ guys All my life I've been a skinny pale nerd,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: 1478757818110.png (681KB, 697x643px) Image search: [Google]
1478757818110.png
681KB, 697x643px
Go get /fit/ guys

All my life I've been a skinny pale nerd, looked in the mirror and thought "ugh, whatever, at least I'm kind of smart and know a lot about obscure music and movies"

I started working out 2 months ago and for the first time ever I was washing my hands, and up in the mirror I saw this kind of slightly buff guy compared to myself, and I thought "wtf" for a moment. Is this me?

It was me, this is amazing, it's better than nothing. Maybe it won't fix my life, but it's a good start and if I continue this I feel my self esteem may continue to rise, it may happen for you too.

Go lift
>>
>implying people here actually want to help themselves
>>
>>17827031
Fair enough

Off to lift for me now.

Just remember /adv/fags. Every time chad lifts and you don't, the gap between us and him grows even bigger. So go lift

You're not just a bit behind him, you haven't even left your little race horse box

GET OUT OF YOUR BOX. YOU HAVE TO DO IT NOW, STOP WAITING OMFG WAKE THE FUCK UP

WAKE UP. Jesus. You guys (and me too) we all need a kick in the ass to get started, take this as your kick in the ass

GO START NOW. FUCK.
>>
>>17827044
If you're fat, you CAN lose weight, it's the laws of thermodynamics literally Jesus Christ dude

If you're skinny, go lift. If you're dumb, go back to college or try harder in school

FUCK go to a therapist and learn to talk to girls
>>
I started lifting 10 months ago
Feels really good

What's your routine, brah?
>>
>>17827044
I'm skinny and fuck girls all the time
Why should I lift
>>
>>17827057
Feels good

There's a reason why Arnold descried lifting like he was "coming all the time"
>>
>>17827059
I already feel good man
I like jogging

I'll try again, why should I lift
>>
>>17827063
It feels better than jogging
But I guess that won't convince you

Being bigger makes people respect you more, even if they don't consciously acknowledge why
Big guys (for you) get more respect

It also makes your butt look good
Girls love good butts
>>
>>17827063
He's not speaking metaphorically

Lifting literally feels good, it's like your muscles are exploding when you finish a set and then just sort of stretch and flex them, it feels like a mini-orgasm except in your arms and legs, it's an amazing feeling

The act of lifting is in itself a great recreational fun activity even if you didn't gain anything from it. I'd keep doing it for fun now.
>>
Sure go lift, but it seems tp create the mentality 'im better than everyone and i can do whatever i want'.

i mean that in a bad way not in a confidence way.

it has happened to most the people I know that lift.

I might as well go to lose some fat/weight though
>>
File: Max_stirner.jpg (10KB, 200x237px) Image search: [Google]
Max_stirner.jpg
10KB, 200x237px
>>17827044
>putting pussy on a pedestal
women are a spook, you go from being a slave to one thing to a slave to another, the answer is pure unabashed self interest, if you want to chase pussy or get fit that's fine. But the motivation must come from an embrace of radical freedom, no placeholders
>>
too bad I'm a fat fuck
>>
>lift
>also an alcoholic
My body still looks like shit
>>
>>17827221
This
>>
>>17827024
Why do people here and elsewhere only ever mention lifting when talking about self improvement?

You'll hear vague shit about jobs or school every once in a while but it's always the lifting. Like shit, I'm not against lifting, or just being healthy but personally I love photography and get my confidence from being decent at it and having fun with it. I agree, accomplishing something with your own body and mind is great, but why is it *always* lifting?
>>
File: 1441315280386.jpg (87KB, 600x888px) Image search: [Google]
1441315280386.jpg
87KB, 600x888px
>>17827332
It's cheap, anyone can do it, it has relatively quick results, and most importantly, it only involves yourself. It's self-improvement distilled to its most primal form, you versus a fuckload of weight in a position where if you fail, you will either get fucking crushed or fucking decapitated.

Quick results plus the constant, overarching fear of death equals a good, constructive hobby to have if you've got nothing else in your life. You should try it some time, like seriously, the feeling of seeing tangible results in the work you're putting in is one of the best feelings on Earth.

t. Former fatass who hit 1pl8 bench like two weeks ago
>>
>>17827384
It becomes annoying when that's all a personality revolves around. I work out, but I dont talk about it almost at all. It's a boring persona to just keep talking about lifts. I agree it's healthy, but it gets annoying talking about it.
>>
>>17827059
Arnold literally said he lied about that, and that it was a marketing scheme from his manager.
>>
>>17827389
You're not joining a cult. Hell, you just said you don't talk about it much, which means you've got other things going on in your life that you take more pride in (like for instance, photography).

Like any other hobby, you got the guys whose identities revolve around it, and you're right, they make for boring ass people. It doesn't make it any less of a worthy pursuit though, it's just one step on the road to becoming a more well-rounded person.
>>
Lifting makes me feel like absolute garbage. Seriously one of the worst feelings in the world.

I don't get it, it sucks, but the pain is awful and never gets better.
>>
What time do i go to the gym?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.