[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My wife says I shouldn't read manga or comics to our son

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0383.jpg (33KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0383.jpg
33KB, 320x180px
My wife says I shouldn't read manga or comics to our son

He's 6

I read him other stuff like the Jungle Book, the Call of the Wild, Treasure Island, the Pearl, To Kill a Mockingbird, Animal Farm, the Hobbit, Rikki Tikki Takki, and Huckleberry Finn

But the one time we're chilling out reading Naruto she snatches it from my hands, makes a face, and says "seriously? this crap?"

Was I doing something wrong?
>>
Sounds lile she's rather interested in having the 'good family'
Tell her you're sorry, she's right, and continue to read Naruto with your son in secret. It'll be a bonding secret.
>>
>>17827015

no you're not wrong. its just a comic about ninjas.

we like to make fun of the people who take things like that too seriously. despite that most of us take something too seriously. you have to remember that even if we make fun of say, /mlp/ it is an entire fandom that spawned from this very website.

and just taking something way from a kid or an adult simply because someone else views it as 'trash' is a pretty horrible thing to do. if the obsession gets unhealthy its usually /not/ because of the franchise itself, but rather the person who is using it.

there are millions of sonic fans that are / were completely normal. then there were some people who were already pretty fucking weird that found it and made ome cringe worthy fan materials, and we blame the materials instead of the person.

regardless, if you like it and your son likes it, enjoy it. majority rules, moms suck.
>>
Ask her what she sees wrong with it. If she can't come up with anything reasonable then she's just acting irrational.

Also ask her if she has something against Asians. You may have married a bigot.
>>
>>17827015
You weren't and in fact I still wonder why you didn't call your wife on her bs. Christ if you were just dating I'd tell you to break up with her, but I get that this is a LTR and this is your son, the one you both had together.

I don't even know what to say, OP. This is some pretty manipulative shit from her. And women are masters of manipulation.
>>
>>17827015
>son watching spongebob with me
>wife turns it off and says "Seriously? this crap?"
>turns on the lifetime movie network

this is how retarded this sounds. tell your wife to fuck off
>>
>>17827015
No you were not
Mom is probably afraid of her son turning into an otaku with all the negative stereotypes following
Or she thinks its pathetic for a grown man to be into comics and manga/anime.

If she were my wife I would ask what she thought was wrong with what you were doing and if one of her points was the two I mentioned then you need to reassure everything will be daijobu
>>
>>17827068
>you need to reassure everything will be daijobu
kekku sempai
>>
>>17827035
It's a thought

But I don't wanna be a closet ninja fan too

I already hide my /tg/ and /co/ stuff in my "office" I post on 4chan from
>>17827045
Yeah

I love her to death and she's a doting mama

But sometimes I have to be like: bitch, cool down with the "I know better than you" shit before I embarrass you

And I don't like confronting her often because she starts to whimper and cry

I get my way but feel shitty, so normally she just tries to control other people
>>17827053
Kek

Accusations of racism or anything like that makes her spill spaghetti
>>17827056
Oh definitely

It's why we're such a good couple

I nip that manipulative shit in the bud, and she loves having a guy who's never afraid of her

And she's the most reliable woman I've known, gets shit done and doesn't put up with nonsense
>>
>>17827094

yeah thats sucky. but its not a big deal if she doesn't make it one. sit down and explain to her. and if she becmoes a bitch just explain that it hurts you that shes reacting so negatively. explain it as pain on you and she might begin to understand.
>>
File: IMG_0197.png (108KB, 400x381px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0197.png
108KB, 400x381px
>>17827061
Valid point

She makes a firm distinction between "fun time" and "serious time"

>>17827068
Just talked to her

She used to be a huge weeb and feels like she wasted her time and social life

She doesn't want our boy to have "weird" interests too and get ostracized

>mfw
>>
>>17827114
>She doesn't want our boy to have "weird" interests too and get ostracized
Tell her that being a nerd is fine, so long as he has social skills. That'll be the defining difference between being ostracized and being included.
>>
>>17827114

explain to her that you love her, and you would have loved 'weeb' her too. times have changed and weebs are more popular and at the very least they have each other and can relate to each other over such materials.

for instance, a father and a son readnig a story together. one they both love. its only bringing him closer to another human.
>>
>>17827114
>She used to be a huge weeb and feels like she wasted her time and social life

>She doesn't want our boy to have "weird" interests too and get ostracized

That's her fault and I can understand where she is coming from but tell her too look at tumblr sometime. You'll see couples who are very weebish and geeky but still able to enjoy their preferred media even with a child. I know couples myself who are late 20s and have a child but still into video games, otaku culture and American geek stuff and they have normal healthy social and family lives
>>
>>17827015
You're wife is right OP.

And you are a moron.
>>
>>17827200
>>17827200

its not ideal, but in todays world OPs decision is good. its better he experiment with anime under his family's supervision, rather than learning about it on the street.
>>
>>17827015
Well, for starters Naruto is not a good series, you wouldn't read Twilight to your son just because it's in book format, would you?
>>
>>17827015
Do you have any other children Op? I mean sometimes parents tend to go overboard by trying to do everything "perfect" with the first child, but then after kid two, or three the over supervision tends to subside. I get wanting to be a good parent, but you do not want to be over protective either because sheltered children face the most obstacles later on.

>At least you read to your child. That is a plus instead of just setting him in front of a telly to zone out in front of for hours.
>>
You're wife sounds like a cunt, divorce her.

No but seriously, it's fucking Naruto, it's for children, and it's a good story, no different then other stories, she's just discriminating because it's manga, tell her to go fuck herself and that its not crap it's a beautiful story of friendship and it teaches good morals
>>
Make him read a real man's manga, like GTO
>>
Your choice of reading material is pretty much completely inappropriate for a 6 year old across the board, but at least you're reading to him.
>>
>>17827114
That shit ain't weird anymore
Back in high school the entire football team was obsessed with Naruto
>>
File: IMG_2110.jpg (36KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2110.jpg
36KB, 612x612px
>>17827015
I read Berserk to my 7 year old sons. The wife still has no clue.
>>
She is a fucking retard. Back when I was a kid in the 90s, my dad pirated and burned like every available anime he could, and we watched tons of shit together after he got home from work.

Its fun, and it was better than the regular shit on tv, and I didn't even turn out to be a weeb.

Video games on the other hand..... I was playing duke nukem when it launched at 4 years old on pc by myself. That might have been a mistake.
>>
>>17827015
bruh wtf. You better leave that ho. Your son needs a waifu like hinata in his life and so do you. Also read your son sun-ken rock, so good brah.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.