[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to get a part time delivery job using my car until I finish

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 160018_4152498.jpg (104KB, 593x768px) Image search: [Google]
160018_4152498.jpg
104KB, 593x768px
I want to get a part time delivery job using my car until I finish school.

I have a 2007 Pontiac with 100k miles on it in decent condition and live in Los Angeles

will doing delivery fuck up my car completely or will it be still usable
>>
It'll probably still be usuable
I'm going to risk it

If I gotta work at target I'll kill myself
>>
>>17826020
I was a delivery driver full time in my late teens and early twenties. The you'll ruin your car thing is a meme.

You'll put on miles yeah, and you'll go through oil changes more often, and tires (balanced and rotated mostly). But honestly as part time you aren't going to be putting on that much literal mileage. Just make sure to keep your oil fresh and tires balanced.
>>
yeah you'll be fine as long as you take care of your car. you'll put a shit ton of gas in it, oil, etc, but if you balance it out right, you'll bank up and it'll be no problem. I honestly miss delivering pizza but my car can't handle it anymore. (I actually ripped up a rotor and had to replace my engine a while back, but it was a freak accident. I also had my brakes go out on my way to a delivery and that was really fun, but definitely my own fault. they were getting fixed the next day anyway)

tl;dr: you'll be fine go for it
>>
but a pro tip for you, don't leave your car running unless you can lock it. always lock your car on deliveries, NEVER carry more than 20 bucks.
>>
>>17826020
>will doing delivery fuck up my car completely

yes absolutely

driving 8-16-24 hours/week will put lots of wear & tear on your car

more maintenance, new tires, engine tuneups and that's if you don't have any minor fender benders

i tried message delivery for 1 week cripes that was stressful fighting traffic 8hrs/day yuck
>>
>>17826020

I have a 2006 pontiac grand prix. Bought the thing with 120k, used it to move 3 hours away from home, drove back and forth between hometown and school over 20 times over the year. Used it to take road trips to Toronto (another three hours) a couple times a month.

In one year I put 50k on it. Still works like a charm. GM makes a good car. If it is the 3800 series II then you have a workhorse of an engine.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.