[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does one function after having become crippelingly indifferent?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

How does one function after having become crippelingly indifferent? Past the sads and the anger, I don't feel inhibited in doing things I want to do but I don't feel driven by my sentiments. Also I'd appreciate your thoughts on healthy and unhealthy mentalities.

View on mentality development stages:

Childish: Optimism
Maturing: Cynical
Adult: Indifference

Optimism: lying to yourself or ignorance, willful or otherwise, the longer you keep it up the longer you have had what you wanted. Overemphasis on sentiments/feeling.

Cynicism: Scorned, felt the sting and indifferent nature of existing, angry about it, move to rationalism with anger as it's foundation.

Indifference: Full circle, rational but lost the anger, hate or resentment, free and in control but everything has lost its significance, sentiments are there but they don't drive you, rationale is there but it leads nowhere worth going.
>>
>>17825181
No pointers anyone?
>>
I just drown myself in my books and my beer and try to forget about people.
>>
>>17825376
I do the exact same thing but I resent the thought of being content so easily and with so little.
>>
>>17825387
It's better this way I think, depending on other people is a vain and immature attitude, we would be just using them for our happiness, and vice-versa. This always leads to trouble and heartbreak, as seen by every other thread here.
>>
>>17825181
are you sure you are not just being cynical?

optimism is not the same thing as ignorance. it's about not assuming things must suck by default.

cynical people often see things in black or white and then assume they know how everything works from their overly simplified model of reality.

If you feel like you don't have the energy to care about things I'd assume you are not taking care of your physical health that well.
>>
>>17825396
I agree completely with regards to depending on people, we have a very similar disposition but the issue extends beyond social needs. To find something that doesn't involve other people that is fulfilling and satisfying or something to grow and develop into seems impossible with this indifference, nothing seems significantly worth pursuing when all the obstacles, bothers and frustrations are tallied.

>>17825428
I used to neglect my physical health when I leaned more towards cynicism but I have been taking very good care of my health for well over a year and half and I am very fit as a result.
I still dislike childish naive idealistic optimists but I generally don't even bother expending any energy or thoughts on them anymore.
>>
>>17825447
how much effort do you put into trying new things? Maybe you need some variation.
>>
>>17825498
Too much I think, I burn myself out within months if I go for it, if I don't it just turns into forced tedium.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.