[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My best friend is in a rough patch with his gf and I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: 1480182463120.jpg (340KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
1480182463120.jpg
340KB, 500x750px
My best friend is in a rough patch with his gf and I don't know what to tell him
Basically she wants to get their relationship "open" and see other people although it seems she does love him for real (I don't really know for sure though cause I don't know her all that much)

On the one hand, he loves her too and a lot and he's terrified of leaving her (last relationship was catastrophic and he is very intense and very lonely in general)
On the other, he couldn't stand it morally to sit by while she sees other people and although he's a sex maniac, he doesn't even want to see other people cause of hiw much in love he is

I had the same situation with my gf and hopefully it turned out alright with lots of luck, love and respect but I don't think that telling him : "I know how it is bro" is gonna help at all

Do you think there is any other way than reminding him that if she expects him to compromise and suffer for her but doesn't reciprocate, she most likely doesn't love him as much as he does her ? Because right now that is the first thing that comes to my mind and it sounds so harsh

Any advice on how to deal with this ?
>>
If he loves himself and has self-respect he won't accept it and their relationship will probably go slowly down the shitter.

If he is a pussywhipped beta with oneitis, which i think it's the case, he will let her and will suffer silently until he snaps.

Either way this relationship is doomed because they are not compatible.
>>
>>17824583
If she wants to have the relationship open then she doesn't love him for real.

If she won't commit and he's as serious about her as he says he needs to drop her
>>
File: 1479008745125.jpg (85KB, 609x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1479008745125.jpg
85KB, 609x1080px
I'm not a relationship guru but the concept of an open relationship sounds so retarded. I've been sleeping with a girl who's in an open relationship with her bf and everything she tells me about their relationship makes it sound so disconnected and on a path to collapsing.

If I was in your situation, OP, I would stay out of it and only offer advice if he's really struggling or asking for your perspective. Should the worst happen, be there for him.
>>
File: 1480330899653.png (358KB, 718x636px) Image search: [Google]
1480330899653.png
358KB, 718x636px
OP here

I know for a fact that open relationships can work to an extent because I am in one with a woman I love
The thing is, we reached a compromise after talking about it (I can fuck all the men I want and she can fuck all the women she wants, but hands off for the opposite sex). We live each other dearly and it's not a disconnected relationship.

In my friend's case, his gf doesn't seem to be ready to compromise and reach a middle ground that makes everyone happy. The thing is even though he's handsome, charming and smart, he's terrified of being alone and sometimes really insecure and self-destructive.

I guess my question now is more : how to break the news to your best friend that his gf most likely doesn't care all that much about him ?

Seeing him tonight for beers and bongs btw
>>
>>17824738
Mention his positives like you did in this post first and then "gently" break the news that it might be best for him to move on and that you just went to see him happy

If you're both drunk high and vibin it should come to you
>>
>>17824761
This
Help him realise his worth. It won't be easy but it will eventually happen with your help. Do not let him settle for something he doesn't feel right about.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.