[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Community college freshman here. Currently majoring in Comp Sci.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: UDfIIVW.jpg (279KB, 1340x694px) Image search: [Google]
UDfIIVW.jpg
279KB, 1340x694px
Community college freshman here. Currently majoring in Comp Sci. Should I transfer to a 4-year after my year here, or stick with CC for 2 years? I'm afraid of missing out on internship opportunities by staying here, but I also don't like the CC environment despite how easy the classes are.

Thoughts?
>>
>>17824535
You seem to have answered it yourself
>>
>>17824565
The best benefit I'm getting is saving a ton of money. So, I really don't know what to do.
>>
>>17824567
As a compromise between those, I'd say stick with CC to get your prerequisites out of the way (any general education classes or whatever), then transfer to a four-year university with those credits. If you plan it out correctly, you'll be able to go from CC straight to a course load that only relates to your major, which will make you feel less like you're wasting money at the more expensive school.
>>
>>17824604
This guy knows what's up.
>>
>>17824754
>>17824604
At the risk of sounding edgy, I dislike living with my parents. I have two younger sisters (3 & 8), and they're annoying as shit. I just want to move on, but my parents are paying for my tuition, so I'm kind of conflicted...
>>
>>17824604
this is the right way go OP

also, I went to CC too for CS before I changed my major and there were quite a couple of internships, hell even jobs offered at major companies, including government work with dope benefits and pay
Look into that, CC's goals are to spew out workers and help you as much as they can
they usually have jobs for people with ADs and those looking to further their careers
>>
>>17824768
not op, another prospective CS major, out of curiosity why did you change and what to?
>>
>>17824768
So the "college experience" isn't worth wasting money for? Just curious, but what major did you switch to, and why?
>>
>>17824758
also OP, I still live at home with my parents, plan to do it till I move out for the school I transfer too and then I might move back after I'm done if I get a job offer in the area where I live. They are totally cool with me living there to pay my loans off since they can't pay for it.

I lived on my own for two years and its expensive and hard without a good stable job. Its nice to be taken care of man use that shit while you can. Won't last forever.
>>
>>17824758
>I have two younger sisters (3 & 8)
nigga, they're literally children
stop being such a chlidish faggot

as far as uni 'environment' goes get involved in clubs, or better yet, get involved with the sister uni for your CC
Youll get the same experience and save some dough
Dont let anyone fool you. most students live with their parents until they graduate or move out and get some roomates (which sucks ass unless you really get along, which is rare)
If you dont want to live with your parents for another year, start looking for an affordable place/seek roommates
But desu it's not worth the waste of money
>>
>>17824776
Yes, children who scream all the time desu. Gets on my nerves. What's the best noise-cancellation headphones?
>>
>>17824771
I changed to electrical engineering w/ a computer engineering minor
It was just the best fit for me and I find it much more versatile in terms of what I can do/what projects I can work on
I didnt want to get stuck on software and programming for the rest of my life

anon, why are you considering CS? and for what? Really think about it and explore it, I thought I would love it but I didnt
but alas, such is life
>>
>>17824785
I just want a comfy IT job, living a life of mediocrity.
>>
>>17824779
i have some bose ones, they work well enough
visit /g/ and lurk their headphones generals, I think they have a rec chart

>>17824788
>IT job
lel you could just get certified or get your Associates, CS degree is overkill imo
also, not too bad if that's what you really want desu
kind of boring though
>>
>>17824794
Thanks man, I'll check /g/.

And I just want the satisfaction of having a degree since my parents are immigrants and never went to college.

I'm content being average, even if that means being boring. I like playing video games, reading books, playing piano, and that's about it, really. I see myself living in a studio apartment, eating one meal a day (I'm skinny), and not getting married/having kids.

Ultimately, I want to live in Seattle since the weather is ideal, honestly. The only problem is the high cost of living, but we'll see how that goes in the distant future.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.