[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I quit being nervous about a surgery that I won't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: fookin nervous m8.png (193KB, 489x606px) Image search: [Google]
fookin nervous m8.png
193KB, 489x606px
How do I quit being nervous about a surgery that I won't be having for months and months?

Just thinking about it makes my palms sweaty. It's not even major surgery, it'll be done under local anesthetic and will take only an hour. I guess that is part of why I'm nervous - being awake and aware for it. Pulling a drainage tube out of my body the next day is another reason I'm nervous about it. I get so worked up over medical stuff. I am a gigantic fucking pussy about it.

Please don't come in and go "psh! that's nothin'!" because I am a gigantic pussy asking you for advice on how to get over it. I know it's nothing already. That doesn't help me.
>>
bampu
>>
Bump.
Hasn't anyone here had surgery before? ;.;
>>
Don't you have anything else to do instead of worrying about dumb shit? if your life really is that pathetic i recommend suicide.
>>
>>17823714
I've had surgery on my broken collar bone and broken arm, but I was under both times. So it's not quite the same, and it's not really anything major.
That being said, the surgeons both times were really cool so they made it much easier.
>>
>>17823732
An idol mind is the devil's playground.
Keep yourself busy so you don't have time to think about it.
>>
>>17822905

>it'll be done under local anesthetic and will take only an hour.

Dude, if you were going under you might actually have something to worry about. I've been under for surgery twice and not only is it terrifying being unconscious but there is a legitimate chance that something might go wrong while you're under and you won't wake up.

I had some scar tissue hacked away from my ears with scalpels while under local anesthetic and honestly it was just boring. I didn't feel a thing and I almost fell to sleep just lying there waiting for them to get done.

"Its not a big deal, get over it" is the only advice you need because your fear isn't logical, therefore it has no logical advice. Your fear is illogical, meaning you need to battle it with facts.

The fact is the surgery is minor. The fact is you won't even feel anything. The fact is you are in relatively no danger while alert and aware of whats going on.

Suck it up. You'll be fine. You already know you're being a giant pussy so just nut up, do what you have to do and move on.
>>
I had eye surgery under a local. The anaesthesia will fuck up your nerves big time even if you're awake. For me, it was like a light show even as they were slicing my eyeball open.
Maybe you can talk to your surgeon about an anti anxiety to compliment to anaesthetic?
>>
>>17823725
No other than this my life is fucking awesome.
Judging from the general posts on this board you probably should be jelly as fuck.
>>17823732
How nervous were you beforehand?
Also I've read that this specific surgeon puts on whatever music you'd like and is really calming and soothing and chill. Also super good with communication after the fact, he'll even text with you over any concerns or questions. So that is a bit of a relief on its own.
>>
>>17823782
>Dude, if you were going under you might actually have something to worry about.
As I said, I am a giant fucking pussy ;.;
Also never ever had surgery before aside from wisdom tooth extraction which I feel doesn't even count at all.
>I had some scar tissue hacked away from my ears with scalpels while under local anesthetic and honestly it was just boring
This is a lot more than some scar tissue getting hacked away but yeah I see what you're talking about. I used to fall asleep in the dentists chair all the time when getting teeth drilled and what not.
Hopefully it goes similarly. It's supposed to be early morning so I may very well be tired, maybe that'll help. The pulling the drainage tube part though, I was relatively calm till I was told that then I just started getting really nervous and sweaty palms and all that. Like just pulling a tube out of a wound in my body, fuck.
>Your fear is illogical, meaning you need to battle it with facts.
That's part of why I'm seeking the reassuring words of others. And you're right it is illogical and I know it but it's still there.

That said this thread and your post are making me feel more at ease so thank you.
>so just nut up
oh the irony
>>
>>17823790
>Maybe you can talk to your surgeon about an anti anxiety to compliment to anaesthetic?
I've been considering it strongly but I don't know if he offers it. I haven't read anyone's experience with him including it.
>>
>>17823790
>I had eye surgery under a local. The anaesthesia will fuck up your nerves big time even if you're awake. For me, it was like a light show even as they were slicing my eyeball open.
Interesting. My mom recently had cataract surgery and I watched, even got to watch the eye up close on a little monitor. Right after the injection into her eye socket or whatever she said she couldn't see shit, she even said afterwards "yeah it was funny she started injecting it and then my eye closed and that was that, it was so easy" and i was like "uhh heh mom your eye was open the whole time she was injecting. she even put all sorts of drops and this gel-like iodine stuff in it and she had to tape it closed"

Was a really interesting procedure to watch, too.
>>
>>17823799
>How nervous were you beforehand?
Sorry for the late reply.
I was fairly confident for my collar bone surgery which was my first one, maybe because I was in a private practice and everything was very modern or something. Also the surgeon I knew from a lot of previous visits about my shoulder.

The arm surgery I was slightly more nervous but it wasn't as bad as what I think you're like. Or maybe I just remember the nerves more as it was much more recent. I also think I was annoyed at the time because it kept me away from playing soccer longer than if I hadn't needed the surgery, I also had to stay the night at the hospital which I didn't want to do.

I don't recall being asked about music, though I vaguely remember classical music being played when getting my arm done.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.