[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ok /adv/ I don't know if this is the best place for this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: holding-hands.jpg (71KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
holding-hands.jpg
71KB, 400x300px
ok /adv/ I don't know if this is the best place for this but I'll try here anyway. Here goes...

I am in love with my really good friend. We met at work and I've known her for 5+ years. We became decent friends over the course of those years and have both dated other people on and off. Now we're both single and we've grown really close over the past few months. We've been talking/texting more, hanging out more, all that kind of stuff. Now I have developed feelings for her. I really care about this girl. A lot.

We still work together and work really well together on top of that. But I don't want to mess things up not only for our friendship but for our professional relationship as well. A lot of the time we get along great and she's awesome. But every once in a while she gets a little distant and weird, but then goes back to being normal. It's so strange. I don't know what to think of it.

cont...
>>
>>17822738
Anyway I'm seeing her tonight and I'm thinking of just telling her how I feel. But I don't know. Ugh this shit is driving me insane and I need some /adv/

I hope this is the right place for this kind of thing, /r9k/ seems apt but they're as retarded as I am...
>>
>>17822742

generally i say tell them. becuase romance doesn't fade out, its not the way our evolution is programmed. its not until a man gets a flat rejection that he can find closure.

otherwise it just festers and gets worse and you start acting weird.

but you do work together so there is that.
>>
You know that you can still be friends of she rejects you or evento you might get the chance again in the future.

Just dont act salty
>>
>>17822753
I won't be salty. Maybe a bit sad at first but having her in my life even if it's just as a friend would be enough. I feel like I need to tell her though. Like >>17822752 I feel like if I don't tell her I'm gonna go nuts and do something super weird and I don't want that.
>>
>>17822760

glad you agree. a bit advice on that tho:
don't 'tell her' your feelings. just ask her out. make it clear its a date. a date activity. and if she agrees say 'great, its a date'.

dont make this a big deal. this is not a movie. this is not the part of the movie where the guy says a heart felt speech about feelings.

its just one person asking someone else out.
>>
>>17822767
My only thing about that is there were a few times I took her out places just me and her. It felt like a date. Neither of us outright said it was but is sure as hell felt like one. I also feel like she has to know I like her. I feel like it's obvious but I don't know. Ugh I'm over thinking this shit.
>>
>>17822783

sure. but then you didnt follow up. unfortunately men are expected to carry the entire relationship. men have to ask girls out. then have to make it clear whats going on, then have to hit all these stops on the road and ask them to marry.... its their job to control the relationship.

the womans? just say 'no' if they dont like whats happening. then get mad if the guy can't magically figure out what she wants.

my advice to you remains the same
>hi anonnette, let me take you out for dinner this friday. Miyako. your favorite, right?
>her: oh... sure anon.
>great, its a date. I'll pick you up at 7.

thats what it takes. if she puts up a fight, then you got your answer.
>>
>>17822767
Take this guys advice, life isnt an anime anon people dont make confessions about their love, thats gay

Only joking, but still just take this guys advice
>>
>>17822790
Yeah OK. Wo!em are so confusing. Thanks anon. I appreciate the advice.
>>
>>17822793
And just to clarify. I wasn't going to confess my undying love for her or anything like that. I was just going to tell her that I really care about her and that she means a lot to me. That's pretty much it.
>>
>>17822783
What sort of work do you do with her?
>>
>>17822783
Not him but if that's the case then tell her you really enjoy being around her and wanna try and be more than friends. I guarantee you a long drawn out declaration of your love will freak her the fuck out, even if she'd be willing to go out itd feel like a hugely one-sided relationship
>>
>>17822852
Office work
>>
>>17822805

With a friend I definitely think it's good to have at least a bit of a lead-up, so to speak. By this I mean, don't ask her on a date out of the blue, but tell her a little bit about how you've come to like her as more of a friend for a while and that you'd love to go on an actual date.
>>
>>17822855
That's about the extent of what I was going for. Just letting her know spending time with her makes me happy.

Like I said we're really close as it is. I talk to her daily even in the days i don't see her at work. She did invite me over for a little get together a few weeks ago. She invited a few of her friends but I was the only one who didn't know anyone else. It was interesting. Her best friend and her best friends boyfriend even knew all about me when I was chatting with them. It was a good time and I got good vibes from it. We've hung out since gotten too so I dunno.
>>
>>17822890
That's what I think I'm gonna do. Kinda lead up to it by saying spending time with her makes me happy.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.