[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My cousin wants to go to college for gender studies and get a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

My cousin wants to go to college for gender studies and get a worthless diploma fucking up her life in the process. Her dumb parents support her too. How to change her mind?
>>
Fuuuck that sucks and that's difficult. Man, I think if you try and do any manipulative shit to try and change her mind then it'll just be transparent so I would just be direct. Look up statistics for potential earning salary, jobs, show them how STEM fields are touted by unis as the fields to study and present them with facts because they can't argue with those.
>>
>>17822414
Her decision. Let her fail and she will learn a lesson.
>>
>>17822423

this unfortunately some people need to fail HARD to see how much they fucked up
>>
File: download_20161204_113423.jpg (106KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
download_20161204_113423.jpg
106KB, 700x525px
Tell her to go into STEM because feminists want women to go into STEM (but feminists never go into STEM themselves).

What job does she even want?
>>
>>17822430
>wanting more people without passion for STEM going into STEM because muh good jobs
there are no good jobs for people with STEM degrees who don't actually enjoy what they studied
>>
>>17822427
Well failure is inevitable in life. 90 % you will learn your lesson and grow as a person. Thats how character is build.
>>
>>17822437
She doesn't need to enjoy it or be good at it. She's guaranteed a job because she's a women. It would be sexist if she didn't get a high paying job. Welcome to 2016.
>>
>>17822418
>>17822430
When I talked to her about it she said that if she'l work and study hard job opportunities will come up and she'l be down to do anything to fight against the antichrist sexism.

She's shit at maths so STEM doesn't really work. She's a good gal really, just a bit too indoctrinated and the fact that her moronic family supports her wholeheartedly doesn't help the situation at all
>>
>>17822414
In precisely what way is this any of your business?
>>
>>17822414

Ask her what her career plans are.

Then offer some alternative degrees when she answers. Tell her you're just worried for her cause you know a lot of people with Gender Studies degrees that still work in warehouses or are unemployed.
>>
>>17822554
Some people give a fuck about their family's well being
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.