[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/adv/ I am so lost. My girlfriend struggles with bulimia and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3690.jpg (46KB, 550x430px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3690.jpg
46KB, 550x430px
/adv/ I am so lost. My girlfriend struggles with bulimia and suicidal thoughts and I can tell it affects her every single day.
Yesterday I broke up with her because I can tell her happiness depends on me and that is not healthy. I am talking to a counselor on campus and making sure she gets help. I didn't want to break things off, I havent lost an ounce of feelings for her, she means the absolute world to me. But I feel like this is what I need to do to make sure she gets the help she needs and be the fullest version of herself. Did I fuck up? Do I tell her I made a mistake? It's winter and I had so many plans for us. My birthday is Tuesday. I don't know what to do or how to deal with it. I didn't want to break up, I just felt like I had to for her safety and health. Please help, I have so many friends and none of them are here for me. I feel so alone
>>
Sounds to me like you did the right thing OP
>>
I think its for the best
>>
>>17822262
I think if you love her, you should work it not break it. Given her problems professional guidance can be a necessity. Consider getting back together on the condition she sees a therapist and perhaps you both get relationship counseling.
>>
>>17822288
That's what I thought at first, but firstly she is genuinely obsessed with me. I'm not saying this to be a cocky douche, I am saying this because I am like her second supply of oxygen. I felt like for her health I needed to separate so she could improve and be healthy to the capacity she needs to be independently.
>>
think that's kind of fucked up, think it has the potential to make things worse instead of better
>>
>>17822267
>>17822277
Thank you so much guys, it just feels comforting to know I'm not alone on thinking this is the hard but right choice
>>
What the fuck were you thinking posting this on /r9k/ first? If that is any indication of how clueless you are in general, the breakup is definitely a bad idea. Hope you can manage the guilt of pushing her over the edge.
>>
>>17822299
I think it does too, which is why I'm worried. However I had a mutual friend call her and calm her down and helped her to understand. This has also take a ginormous toll on me, and it makes me so exhausted, I felt as if it was best for both of us, that she learns how to be her own person and that I also focus on myself too. But I am having second thoughts, which is why I posted
>>
>>17822302
I used to be depressed and went there all the time, and I didn't know where to go, so I went to my first thought
>>
I assume you felt that you had already tried everything in your power to help her through these troubles while you were together.

If so, then removing yourself from the picture and forcing her to reassess her situation and the people in her support ring has the potential to cause lots of disruption. However, if you'd stayed together this would happen over time anyway.

Maybe consider that while you may not be together, being apart will force you both to think about whether you want to be together and if you do then you'll both make the changes to make that happen.

So just keep yourself open to the possibility of reuniting when you've both changed enough so that can be a positive relationship and a step forward rather than having the same difficult relationship.
>>
>>17822306
>This has also take a ginormous toll on me
You are the most important person in your life at the end of the day.
Even if she wrecks herself over the breakup, was the the right thing to do if you were close to your limit. No idea in ruining two lives instead of one.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.