[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I burnt my finger taking a potato out of the oven, 425 for 75mins.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 19598.jpg (56KB, 400x320px) Image search: [Google]
19598.jpg
56KB, 400x320px
I burnt my finger taking a potato out of the oven, 425 for 75mins. tldr it split, steam burn through an oven mitt.

Normally I'm not a pussy bitch, but I've run cold water on it for 15min, and submerged in cool for over an hour now. Hurts like fuck, more than any other "touched hot pan" burn. No blister but very red.

No aloe atm, and I am west coast small town, so probably not for another few hours. I do have an emergency surplus of vicodin, but that seems excessive for this. Still, can't remove finger from the water without bad pain.

Wat do.
>>
Well whatever you do it's going to hurt. Burns are nasty. I'd try applying some ointment or disinfectant, which will hurt more but it'll help in the long run.
>>
The fact it hurts is a good thing. Probably only 1st degree to minor 2nd degree burn.

Somewhat recently I burned my finger on a soldering iron at 700 degrees. For the most part it didn't hurt. I'm still ok though, just a small scar.

If your concerned, of course, to the doctor. A pic of the hand would be useful
>>
File: burn.jpg (2MB, 3120x1756px) Image search: [Google]
burn.jpg
2MB, 3120x1756px
>>17822094
not much to look at. doesnt look bad.

still the pain is beyond any wood stove/hot pan contact burn I've had. the pain even "radiates" to other fingers when not in cool water
>>
>>17822130

Throw some mustard on that bitch.

Iodine is the best.
>>
>>17822140
no mustard for this hot dog finger, unfortunately
>>
>Not having an aloe vera plant for this very situation
gringo plz
>>
yeah burns suck and are painful as fuck, but you need to stop putting it under the water

when you run it under water it neutralizes the pain but the second you remove it it'll come back, stop running it under water and deal with the pain until it goes away on its own in a little while.

That or use aloe.
>>
>>17822166
Honestly considering growing one now.

>>17822174
Pain is too intense. Most burns I would normally do this after a few minutes or one ice cube.
>>
>>17822174

Ignore this fucktrumpet. Running it under cool (not freezing cold; COOL) water is EXACTLY what you need to do, to drain away the excess heat. It's literally in every first aid book about burns. "Run it under cool RUNNING water. Keep it under that water for 10 minutes AFTER it stops hurting. If it's a small child, wrap them in a wwarm blanket to prevent hypothermia."

If it didn't stop hurting yet, and your finger hasn't combusted, and the burning sensation isn't spreading, then you might have damaged a nerve somewhere. Not much you can do about that, other than to sleep on it.
>>
>>17822086
Soak it in some vinegar till it feels better. then put a little burn ointment on it and dress it with a small amount of gauze.
>>
>>17822086
> I do have an emergency surplus of vicodin, but that seems excessive for this.
Is it though?
>>
>>17822086
Any burn on any extremities should be treated as a serious burn. Go to urgent care, they should be able to help you out. If you don't have urgent care, the ER is tour only other option on a Sunday. The only other thing you can do is keep it under running cold water or submerse it under cold water and change out the water every 10 minutes or so.

I burned myself once straining pasta. The steam burned one of my hands. I ran it under cold water and submersed it for at least half an hour in cold water. It helped a little but I could still feel the burning sensation. It started to blister, so I knew it was 2nd degree. The burning would get to me at times and I'd put it under child water again. By the time I went to urgent care the next day, they said it would be fine. So I guess I did everything I could.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.