[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can an anon get some help /adv/? Long story short I got fired

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

Can an anon get some help /adv/?

Long story short I got fired a few months into a new job that was going great. I was becoming good friends with coworkers and getting along w everyone including bossman. Finished all work on time and with quality.

Last Friday, my boss calls me on my way back from lunch and fires me. In about four sentences he tells me, "I just have a gut feeling like it's not going to work out." i didn't care that much because I have another job lined up in two weeks, but still, what the fuck is that?

Im pretty sure employers can fire employees for almost anything, but after reading up on all this online legalaise pertaining to wrongful termination, etc. , I'm starting to wonder if I could have a case in court.

Im also scared he won't pay me for all 50hrs worked last week, which he said in those last 4 sentences over the phone, that he would mail it. Past coworkers said he doesn't allow anyone to direct deposit, incase he doesn't have enough money to pay everyone certain months.

This guy is a scumbag, bi-polar, megalomaniac, that seems like a nice guy in the beginning then slowly shows his true colors.

Some coworkers also said he's fired about 5 people in the past 12 months before me.

Any legal help /adv/? Any advice on taking to small claims incase he doesn't send my last check in the mail? Could I realistically sue for anything? He Won't return calls or txts to even get some documents I lef at work (Soc. Sec. Card and some other items)
>>
>asks legal question
>no mention on where he lives
Do you want help or not?
>>
>>17821480
NY, mb
>>
>>17821480
Do you have any legal experience? Anytjing, just an opinion would put some rest to this anxiety from this.
>>
>>17821489
>>17821486
I do have legal experience, but I'm not from the US, so I can't get into specifics. All I can really tell you is that suing him won't be worth the time, stress and money it'll take. If something does happen, then go and see a lawyer.
>>
>>17821499
Can you suggest how I should go about getting important documents I left in my cubicle he didn't let me get when he fired me? Can't he press charges on me if I go on his property after he fired me?

What should I do if he doesn't mail the last check I'm owed in the next few weeks?
>>
>>17821509
Write him a letter and ask him to send you your personal effects. Keep a copy of the letter.

And see a lawyer if you don't get paid, though I doubt he'd be stupid enough to not pay you.
>>
>>17821509
>Can't he press charges on me if I go on his property after he fired me?
Forgot to answer this bit. Unless he charged you with a trespass notice or your cubicle was in an area where it's clearly staff only, then no.
>>
>>17821518
My cubicle was shared in the middle of the staff only bullpen. There were dividers but I'd have to walk into staffs space to get to old cubicle.

Thanks. Awesome idea on the certified letter. Going to do that first thing Monday. Thank you so much anon. Was hoping to hear I could sue him for wrongful termination. I have a few k to throw around to mess with this asshole lol, but this help was just as good or better.

Thanks again.
>>
>>17821526
>I have a few k to throw around to mess with this asshole
A few thousand is not going to be enough. That'll pay for court filing fees at most, legal fees are on top of that. Like I said, not worth it, especially if you already have a job lined up and were planning on leaving in a less-than-ideal manner anyway.
>>
>>17821476
>Im pretty sure employers can fire employees for almost anything, but after reading up on all this online legalaise pertaining to wrongful termination, etc. , I'm starting to wonder if I could have a case in court.
That depends. Why do you think he really fired you, and can you prove it?
>>
>>17821545
I think he promised me a lot in terms of pay and higher position in a short amount of time and maybe couldn't afford it? I mean the guy doesn't even allow direct deposit.

Thisnis the first bad job experience I've had like this. This is anonymous, so I'm being completely honest when I really have no idea.

I mean in terms of my performance, I was spot on. I learned his software in and out in two weeks. Two coworkers there told me I was doing better than any previous employees. Like everything was going great. Even this boss seemed to like me then completely switched modes one day.

The only other thing I can think of is maybe a background check he mightve secretly done? I have a past record of lots of traffic tickets when I was younger and arrested once for a bar fight, but I mean nothing to fire someone over in my opinion. I'm only bringing that up because it's literally the only thing that could have been negative with regards to me and doing my job there. Like in my head it was a great place to work and no one disliked me. I was shocked. Maybe he just didn't like me after all? Can you fire someone for not liking them?

Oh I also did have a doctor appointment I went to that week and worked half a day. I told a superior about it a week in advance though. Trying to think of ANY little thing and coming up with nothing concrete to get fired over.
>>
>>17821565
The thing that pisses me off the most is I interviewed there and another place at the same time. I got accepted for both jobs and obviously accepted this one.

I probably would still have a job if I took the other positon
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.