[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Stopped initiating conversations with my friends back in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: large.jpg (73KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
73KB, 500x376px
>Stopped initiating conversations with my friends back in October.

>Friends haven't spoken with me since.
>Was offered a job that required me moving, in late october, posted about it on Facebook no one seems to show any concern at all.

>A week later post that I don't have any local friends and I don't feel guilty anymore about the prospect of accepting the job.

>They respond offended over me not saying they aren't really my friends.

To be honest I feel more as someone they hit up, or hang out with as a last resort. They all went to college together and have known each other for years, while I had only met most of them a year ago. I grew close to one of them during this time, but it just feels like we don't really have much in common and it feels like he only hits me up and makes plans with me when there is no one else available. Everyone else in that circle I haven't spoken with since the summer, while this guy we've messaged each other very little since October when I stopped initiating the conversations and plans.

Are they really just a bunch of acquaintances to me? I feel as if i'm just an outsider when they're together.
>>
>>17821104
Where are you moving to?
>>
>>17821108
Seattle.
>>
Bump, really anyone?
>>
>>17821104
Leave bud, there's fake friends everywhere you shouldn't feel conflicted about dropping them if they have no problem with dropping you
>>
>>17821104
>Stopped initiating conversations with my friends back in October.
>Friends haven't spoken with me since.

Those are true friends. You sent a clear message that you weren't interested in them, and so they respected your choice and didn't invade your privacy by forcing their unwelcome attentions on you.

You got what you asked them for. Why are you complaining?
>>
>>17821794
/thread
>>
>>17821104

Meh, just talk to them again.
>>
Sometimes people just grow apart, and having the same friends for such a long period of time while having these kinds of issues isn't worth your time. Doesn't sound like you enjoyed hanging out with them anymore anyway.
>>
>>17821104
So, I think I'm kinda experiencing the same right now. I also stopped talking with the friends I thought were only using me, but one of them asked what was wrong.

I explained my problem, but I was surprised, she wasn't shocked or something, she just said "no, you're important to me and the others" and the conversation wasn't that long. First I felt good, but then I started thinking about, why she wasn't surprised at all.

I think, this is a problem, and I think it's yours, too, but in my opinion it's also not the right way to allways wonder "why don't they hit me up? Why aren't they texting or initiating conversation". You have to ask yourself, do you do that for them? They don't have any obligation to do that, of course if they're good friends they will. But maybe you stopped doing it first but didn't notice. I think that's part of my problem at least..
>>
>A week later post that I don't have any local friends and I don't feel guilty anymore about the prospect of accepting the job.

This was a dorky-ass passive-aggressive thing to do, and you made that post knowing (and hoping) that they would see it.

You still shouldn't feel guilty about moving, but that needs to be said.
>>
>>17821104
quite the opposite to what this anon >>17821794 said is true op
if you are always the one initiating things with people they are clearly not your friends

i had a few people like this

>invite to some people to multiple parties/shindigs
>they talk to me, they laugh and joke
>but they never reciprocate
>they never invite me to anything, never initiate conversations
>stop inviting them
>after a while one just out of the blue contacts me and asks why i havent invited him to any parties as of late
>me: oh but i heard you had a party last week, why wasnt i invited to that
>guy hangs up the phone

these are called parasites op, you cut them off
>>
Would add that actually, a couple of months is not long at all for busy adults to not see each other... That said I have no idea of your age/life status.
>>
Life's lesson's my son! There are two types of people: Givers and takers. Recognize that and accept it for what it's worth.
Your true friends will be there when you need help. They will spend a weekend helping you move for free. In return you are to do the same for them.
>>
File: 1472780973552.gif (2MB, 350x314px) Image search: [Google]
1472780973552.gif
2MB, 350x314px
>>17821794
>Stops being a desperate dog
>"It's your fault your friends weren't real friends"

See, this is why you don't need people in the first place. They'll constantly say contradictory shit and stare at you like YOU'RE the idiot for not agreeing. And you people like to joke about others having autism; maybe you should perform a self-diagnosis.
>>
>>17822748
>sive thing to do, and you made that post knowing (and hoping) that they would see it.
>You still shouldn't feel guilty about moving, but that needs to be s

Funny thing is after that post the guy who's closer to me than any of them had dinner with me a week or so later and said I should talk to them and apologize for that statement. Fuck that honestly, I hadn't spoken to them in months by that point I don't need to explain anything to them.
>>
>>17821104
I know how you feel.
After highschool I realized I had never been invited in the home of any of my friends while the opposite happened all the time.
>>
>>17821126
Great vity. Visit the glass museum in Tacoma and avoid italian food.
>>
Same situation OP, don't know how to help other than just leave them,

Made a group of friends during summer, I never really felt like part of the bunch but whatever. We've traveled together and had fun, even gotten together with a girl from the group for exactly 1 month before I realized we just aren't compatible at all. Around that time I realized I'm actually not compatible at all with the group as a whole, so I diminished contact with them to the bare minimum.
We still have some christmas / new year's plans but I have a hunch that I'll just leave them be afterwards because I honestly feel like a 5th wheel. They all have their own inside workings and inner relationships, most of them know each other for years and I'm just there in the background.

Tbh some of the most depressing moments of late are when I'm together with them, having to listen to whatever's going on.
>>
>>17823016
for me, i never wanted anyone over because of how abusive my parents were.

other than that, in adult life, when they don't initiate convos or invite me to anything, i call them out at parties i invite myself to.

"hey man, why don't you hit us up anymore?"
"hey man, why don't YOU hit ME up, for once?"
"oh, well, man, im busy and stuff..."

this is why i have no quarrels with fucking their girlfriends.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.