[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to drop out of/transfer from my prestigious University

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1480278469010.jpg (24KB, 451x698px) Image search: [Google]
1480278469010.jpg
24KB, 451x698px
I want to drop out of/transfer from my prestigious University (English degree) to an average college (funeral planning w/ embalming).

Problem is: I feel like I'm going through my rebellious stage now rather then when I was a teenager, I went to university because my parents 'made me', Office jobs because that's what my parents expected, model child etc.

End of last semester I had a mental break down and ended up in the hospital and failed half my classes because I never went through the paperwork process of informing my school why I'd be having trouble with class etc. After the hospital ordeal I got drunk like I usual do because alcoholism and called my mommy to complain about my problems and ask for help. This is where shit got worse. Basically I realized how little my parents care about my health and happiness and that they just care about me being the child they expect.

I was actually doing pretty good for myself. $20/hr office jobs, honour student, social life, but of course I was still a disappointment.

I moved back in with my parents, after my mother convinced me, for this semester and it's been absolutely painful. I feel like I'm at the point where they make me feel like such shit I don't feel as obligated to make them happy.

I could still pull my university career out of the dumpster if I put effort into it but;
>called in sick one day from my part time job as a server (because no jobs here) because I was hungover
>father bursts into my room?
>I'm a fat ugly lazy trash disappoint of an ungrateful child
>I'm confused as to why my father is acting like this because I'm an adult and haven't lived at home since I was 17
>tell him it's none of his business
>I narrowly avoid getting hit
>threatens to kick me out right there after they talked me into moving back into this shit suburb
>says he's not gonna pay my tuition anymore
>????
>nigga I was only going to university because you forced me to go

Cont
>>
>I already payed for my deposit and first month rent on an apartment near my university for my next school year
>father keeps asking me if I paid tuition yet, he expects me to ask him for a loan
>my theory is hes trying to make me more responsible

He already paid for two years of my university, so I'm going to feel like a huge asshole giving up now. Im thinking of offering to pay him back but
>that's about 40k
>hes a rich fucker so 40k means nothing to him and he's going to be mad on principle

I'm going to have to take all my money out of investments to survive this disownment if I drop out of university, and likely work a year to save up for college tuition (which isn't bad, about 3-4k a semester).

ANOTHER VARIABLE:
I bought a dog
I love my dog
My parents and brother decide they want to keep my dog and not let me bring her with me when I move

Do I stay in university or go to college? How do I deal with my parents beating me half to death and suddenly being financially independent? Do I steal my own dog?
>>
>funeral planning w/ embalming
>college
What the fucking fuck. Doesn't it count as trade? I remember some chick who couldn't pass HS learning it in two years.

Can't you just finish university and THEN go to college? Seems like the most easy option for your future. You're going to have a degree and can meanwhile work to save up for college.

>I bought a dog
>My parents and brother decide they want to keep my dog and not let me bring her with me when I move
>my dog
Where is the problem? You owe it and can take it wherever you want. Your family is clearly a bigger issue than the university vs college question at hand.
>>
>>17819675
I have three years left of uni because it's a 5 year program, I won't be able to afford that. I'd have to be an independent in the eyes of the country to qualify for government loans, and right now I'm listed as a dependent for the tax deductions (tm). My parents wouldn't let that happen, so I would be stuck taking out a loan from them which further entrenches me in parental hell.

Anon I'm outnumber 3 to 1 on this dog thing. They'd probably break into my new place and steal it back. There's no papers since I got her from a farm
>>
>>17819690
>I have three years left of uni because it's a 5 year program
Oh. Damn, that's so fucking long just for English. Besides if you don't totally hate it, 3 years are manageable too.

Though the way I got it, your father still pays for the shit, even if in form of loans to you ... and it's not like you have to pay it back if it happens informally, if they pushed you to do this course, they might as well foot the bill. Specially if he's rich, there is no point to feel like an asshole. It's not like it's his life savings. Perhaps you could even convince him to pay for the shit more direct by pretending to act more like their expectations of you for the moment.

>I'm outnumber 3 to 1 on this dog thing.
But here comes the basic human decency ... you got her, not them, so it's your dog.

>They'd probably break into my new place and steal it back.
Not sure if serious ...
>>
>>17819937
I guess. Im just worried about having another breakdown not being able to cope with uni stress.

And they totally would steal back the dog.

Thanks for putting this all calmly, I'm very anxious about this situation.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.