[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I live by myself with 300 dollars a week? >Georgia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1570.png (1MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1570.png
1MB, 750x1334px
How do I live by myself with 300 dollars a week?

>Georgia
>no car
>18, just graduated
>500 cash in my name
>getting kicked out next week

I have no clue what to do
>>
handicraft
>>
>>17819610
I work at a bbq restaurant as a busboy. There's a creek behind the woods of the restaurant. Im planning on buying a tent as it is a perfect place to chill. Plan on camping in the woods next to work for a few months until I can pay full for a decent calcareous I can live in for a while. Manager who I'm very good friends with does rental property aswell, 500 a month is his best deal but he may cut me some slack.
>>
>>17819628
Car*
>>
>>17819620
Any recomendations? I should have plenty of free time.
>>
Buy a used car with the 500 and live in it. And use a public bathroom.
I traveled across europe like this in an old Opel Kadett. Takes a few weeks for your bones to get used to it but its liberating in a way. Showering is a bit of a challenge. But just crash at a friends house once a week.
>>
>southeners
>>
>>17819610
Wait, you're going to get 300 fucking bucks every week? Where is even the problem?
>>
>>17819639
That's badass man. I'm looking to save up at least 1500 to 2000 for a used car. I want to worry as little as possible if it's going to give me problems. I need it to be big enough to lounge back in and have some storage space. Gas mileage is the most important. I'm not to familiar with cars but any type of Honda dooms perfect for me. Like an older Honda CRV model maybe? Give suggestions I'm really desperate for ideas rn
>>
>>17819685
Idk what the cost of living is where you are but I run through 300 pretty quick. Food, phone bill (98 a month). And fueling bad habits, which I can drop easy Until I'm stable
>>
It blows my mind that any parent thinks it's a wise decision to kick their child out the way your parents are trying to kick your out.

>Hey we're parents! The positive role models that are supposed to love and support you and with unfaltering commitment try to make sure you succeed at life no matter what!

>Oh I know! Let's make him move out when he has no money to live by himself or any job to support himself! Hah hah! He'll surely succeed then!

I don't get how anybody could be this stupid.
All those years they spent raising you, all that time, almost 20 years of their lives and they're just going to throw you out on the street unprepared to succeed. And let me guess, they don't even have any money to send you to college do they? Fuck I hate parents that don't try to help their kids go to college. It makes me so fucking angry. Yeah pay your way through college on your own! That'll be so easy when you're making almost no fucking money! What a great idea to make you waste 8 years of your life saving up for an education you should have started getting right now! Fuck. I'm gonna be sick. Reading this thread has made me sick. \
>>
>>17819712
(Op) I know what you mean man.
But I live with my grandparents, mom and dad went to prison for Meth. As a kid I wasn't schooled so when I was put in school when my gp adopted me I did shit. Now that they know I smoke they automatically think I'm going to end up like my mother and father (old timer reasoning). I had plans to join the navy but I'm partially deaf in my right ear and have a fucked up spine from abuse from my father. Until recently I had plans to go to technical school for heating and air so I could have some sort of success in my life but I'm going to have to put that on hold until I can get stable. I know it sounds like I've got a A's hit life but I'm pretty fucking happy, in shap, and my job is the fucking best, everyone loves me there and I could work all day every day so I'm pretty content with my life other than I'm going to have to survive in the woods for a little while until I can figure something out. And I'm sorry if my writing is shit
>>
>>17819701
>phone bill (98 a month)
Sounds damn, excessive but you still have 1100 more bucks left every month. Let's take 100 away for electricity/water/heating and you have 1000. From what I know food prices in Murica are highter but 200 should be manageable. That's 800 bucks for rent, saving and a bad habit or two. Sounds perfectly doable.

I get around 600 bucks for college every month and while my rent is artificially low (270) I still manage fine with all the bills and have couple bucks left for drugs, traveling and cigarettes.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.