[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how the fuck do people manage to study and work at the same time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: 1395197701578s.jpg (7KB, 250x173px) Image search: [Google]
1395197701578s.jpg
7KB, 250x173px
how the fuck do people manage to study and work at the same time
how the fuck do they keep themselves motivated when they basically have no life
>>
>>17818197
if you have time to post stupid shit on 4chan
you have time to go out
>>
>>17818213
A quick post on 4chan isn't the same as going out to some social event, plus it's free. In short, go fuck off.

>>17818197
Been there OP. I have no idea how. One of them suffered with me for sure. I love learning but goddamn did I hate school.

You have to turn yourself into a goddamn robot it seems.
>>
one suggestion is to eliminate wasted time.
an exercise: record how much time you fritter away on 4chan, facebook, video games, etc. in the next week. I mean the truly frivolous minutes scrolling through this or that marginally interesting news story or life event of someone you've lost touch with. even an hour/day of wasted time could at the end of the week total 6 or 7 hours you could have spent with friends on the weekend. I think that a lot of the people who seem to have it all do sacrifice socializing or manage their time very well. probably a mixture of both.
>>
>>17818215
the issue is time
so what does free have to do with anything
you dolt
>>
>>17818238
It's easier to eliminate the social interaction. Friends serve no purpose but entertainment, which can be achieved by other methods. Friendships take more time, effort, and money than other forms of entertainment, and can have a negative impact on your life if the friend is upset.

Most people pursue friendships, and relationships as a whole, because it's the norm. Not because it's an inherently required part of life.
>>
>>17818785
You're so wrong it hurts
>>
>>17818197
>how the fuck do people manage to study and work at the same time
>how the fuck do they keep themselves motivated when they basically have no life

Why are you assuming they have no life? I knew people who worked, studied and partied and still got into good careers, cause they were able to manage their time (and be social).
>>
>>17818789
How so?
>>
>>17818197
Valhalla, blood sweat and tears.
>>
>>17818213
I dropped out of uni and I plan to get back on it next year
>>
Ait. its simple, we have goals in life, passion, something to live for.
why do you work/study right now? ask yourself.
>>
>>17819089
because I have to
I'd rather stay all day at home with my hobbies and stuff
>>
I'm doing 15 credits and working 40 hours right now, its a fucking death sentence no question about it. But when you've got no choice you do what you have to do to keep a roof over your head and push through.
>>
>>17818785
This is autistic. Friends are a lot more than just entertainment.
>>
>>17819243

List those things then.
>>
They either get burned out at some point in their life (but they won't say this to you), or develop good time management skills.

Also, when you're riding a tight schedule at some point you just go on autopilot. But you have to be wary.
Time management =/= you don't have to "waste" time, that's how people go nuts when they're forced loosen up (vacation, unemployment phase, etc).
>>
>>17819243
In what way? I can understand their basic utility, like if you needed a ride somewhere or something like that. But again, that's nothing that can't be accomplished by other means, ie a taxi, or family members.

>>17819246
This anon understands.
>>
>>17819533
Good friends give advice
They support each other when they're down
Proven to reduce stress and depression
Help you reach your goals
They are there when others are not
Expand your social circle which can lead to new opportunities and relationships

"Grief can take care of itself, but to get full value of joy you must have somebody to share it with." - Mark Twain
>>
>>17819544
>Good friends give advice
Says the anon on /adv/. Other ways to get advice, plus friends may have hidden biases or agendas, and give you advice which will benefit themselves.
>They support each other when they're down
This is purely opinion. Different people can improve their mood by a variety of methods. Almost all people do not require friends to do this, even if it is possible. Essentially, there are either options.
>Proven to reduce stress and depression
Someone requiring my time and potentially money (to do things with them, not paying them) would most definitely increase my stress levels, not decrease them. When alone, you can do exactly what you want, and spend your money exactly how you want.
>Help you reach your goals
This makes no sense to me, unless your friend is your boss at work or something like that.
>They are there when others are not
If you have a family this point is relatively moot, and even if you don't, this is kind of the point of no friends. Solitude, not being interrupted.
>Expand your social circle which can lead to new opportunities and relationships
So you can use friends to aquire more friends? Pointless, if you don't want friends in the first place. Start a collection of something easier if you have the urge to collect things.
>>
>>17819577
You sound like you've never had good friends my man
I'm sorry
>>
>>17819183
what's with the name?
>>
File: aaf.png (428KB, 544x598px) Image search: [Google]
aaf.png
428KB, 544x598px
>I don't need friends
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.